Honoring Our WWII Merchant Mariners Act of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honoring Our WWII Merchant Mariners Act of 2015

This will award a one-time lump sum of $25,000 to each of surviving WWII Merchant Marines. Better late than never, most are in their 90's.
    I just found out there's still almost 5,000 Merchant Marines who are still alive.

Congresswoman Janice Hahn (Calif.) and Congressman John Duncan Jr. (Tenn.) introduced the “Honoring Our WWII Merchant Mariners Act of 2015,” which would provide a modest benefit to surviving Merchant Marines who served during World War II.

More than 200,000 Americans served in the U.S. Merchant Marines and aided military efforts in both Europe and the Pacific during World War II. Thousands of Merchant Mariners faced enemy attack and died at sea while hundreds more were captured and held as prisoners of war. Despite having the highest casualty rate of any U.S. service during the war, they were not eligible to receive veteran’s benefits.

http://www.marinelink.com/news/propo...ant384889.aspx
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

My Father-in-Law was a guest of the Emperor in Japan for over three years. He was 17 when the German Raider took their ship. He passed on in the mid 80's. I think they should track down the descendents and divide the same money with them. My FIL has five children alive. My ex could certainly use the money...

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
      Berlin.1945
      by casanova
      The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
      Yesterday, 23:41
    • casanova
      AW 169M
      by casanova
      The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
      Yesterday, 23:26
    • JBark
      What changed?
      by JBark
      There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
      Yesterday, 18:54
    Working...
    X