X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Murder Rate

Interesting short read

http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/201...rder-rate.html

The stats have shown that while overall gun violence has declined nation wide, it is totally out of control in the Progressive Paradises of the major US cities with large welfare populations especially those where the law abiding are forbidden from having handguns for their self defense.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Where I live I don't feel the need for gun ownership for protection. I only hunt occasionally. I like guns but I'm not obsessed with them. The main reason I believe gun ownership is important is the fact that citizens without guns are mere peasants. I think many people honestly believe that strict gun laws will help make us safer. They are naive to the fact that progressives want to restrict gun ownership in order to weild more power. All under the guise of making us "safer". Its that simple. Common sense, really.
      “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

I 100% respect our rights to own firearms. The thing that absolutely drives me crazy though is when ones feel that their own gun protects them against those who make up our government. To me, just my personal feeling, that is being naive. A gun may be a symbol of freedom and rights in our country to some but it is just that, a symbol. How many times in the last 100 years has your gun protected you from one decision that our government has made? When was the last time you had to use your gun against those our government uses to enforce it's policies? Does anyone in their right mind think that their .38 caliber handgun or their AR15 is going to be a deterrent against an oppressive government?
        Our guns serve as protection against thieves, against rapists, against potential murderers and so on but to try and reason that they would protect us against our ruling parties is at best a pipe dream. It drives me crazy when some push the thought that they need to have a gun for this reason. What it comes down to is we have guns (I own numerous rifles and two handguns myself) because we like them and there is nothing wrong with that. The other stuff, other than for safety, hunting or sport is just fluff.
        "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Posts #2 and#3 summed up:Europeans are dumbasses and progressives suck.
          You're your own caricatures guys.
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
            Where I live I don't feel the need for gun ownership for protection. I only hunt occasionally. I like guns but I'm not obsessed with them. The main reason I believe gun ownership is important is the fact that citizens without guns are mere peasants. I think many people honestly believe that strict gun laws will help make us safer. They are naive to the fact that progressives want to restrict gun ownership in order to weild more power. All under the guise of making us "safer". Its that simple. Common sense, really.
            I've argued this point before, but nobody has ever seemed to express the opinion that the people need the sort of equipment that the military possess. Which makes the argument that guns help to give the people more power a bit weak when the police and army possess bigger guns.

"Oh, look, the peasants have their shotguns. Let's move forward. John, load a canister round."

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
              I 100% respect our rights to own firearms. The thing that absolutely drives me crazy though is when ones feel that their own gun protects them against those who make up our government. To me, just my personal feeling, that is being naive. A gun may be a symbol of freedom and rights in our country to some but it is just that, a symbol. How many times in the last 100 years has your gun protected you from one decision that our government has made? When was the last time you had to use your gun against those our government uses to enforce it's policies? Does anyone in their right mind think that their .38 caliber handgun or their AR15 is going to be a deterrent against an oppressive government?
              Our guns serve as protection against thieves, against rapists, against potential murderers and so on but to try and reason that they would protect us against our ruling parties is at best a pipe dream. It drives me crazy when some push the thought that they need to have a gun for this reason. What it comes down to is we have guns (I own numerous rifles and two handguns myself) because we like them and there is nothing wrong with that. The other stuff, other than for safety, hunting or sport is just fluff.
              I couldn't agree more. People who think that rifles and handguns are what will keep our government from becoming a tyrannical dictatorship are deluding themselves.

Unless you were giving the people access to, say, SAM-launchers, armored vehicles, and nuclear weapons...

Comment

If you look at the ethnic breakdown of those committing the crimes in the cities mentioned you'll see a pattern.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  If you look at the ethnic breakdown of those committing the crimes in the cities mentioned you'll see a pattern.
                  Which shows what, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                    I agree 100%, I am a collector of Military Rifles and I own several Pistols and Shotguns I live out in the country and unfortunately had to use a firearm to defend myself and my pets on more than one occasion and I can't fathom being without one, however I never considered using my firearms to defend myself against government, but I realize that there are people that that think that way, I am however not one of them.
                    And people that believe that the ordinary citizen should not have a gun because it would solve the murder rate are just as delusional as the ones that have them to defend themselves against authority.
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 31 Jan 15, 20:03.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Which shows what, exactly?
                      Shows that criminals are the problem not guns.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        Shows that criminals are the problem not guns.
                        Nice dodge of your previous "ethnic" comment, "Shooter".
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                          Where I live I don't feel the need for gun ownership for protection. I only hunt occasionally. I like guns but I'm not obsessed with them. The main reason I believe gun ownership is important is the fact that citizens without guns are mere peasants. I think many people honestly believe that strict gun laws will help make us safer. [They are naive to the fact that progressives want to restrict gun ownership in order to weild more power. All under the guise of making us "safer". Its that simple. Common sense, really.
                          This is where you lost me and is the difference between an advocate for the 2nd Amendment and "gun nut".

Is it possible the progressives simply disagree with you on a public safety issue?

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                            Is it possible the progressives simply disagree with you on a public safety issue?
                            It isn't that they disagree on a public safety issue, they disagree on gun ownership. If it were public safety they would be going after things/activities that are far more dangerous.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              It isn't that they disagree on a public safety issue, they disagree on gun ownership. If it were public safety they would be going after things/activities that are far more dangerous.
                              Because......? So you are saying they fully agree with you about these "things/activities that are far more dangerous" yet they are secretly conspiring to pretend it is a "gun issue" when in fact they hold underground meetings and say "we're almost there, just bring in limited background checks and we can finally fill the streets with our secret legions of Islamo-homo-commi-nazi-feminist-godless-illegal-alien troops?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X