Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reports have Mr Romney stating, in a call to supporters, that he will not run

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reports have Mr Romney stating, in a call to supporters, that he will not run

    Mr Romney wants to leave the field to others.

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-30-10-54-39
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

  • #2
    It's official according to the morning news - he won''t run.

    I'm disappointed...I was hoping for something other than Lil' Bush II.
    Guess the financial/party backing wasn't there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It's official according to the morning news - he won''t run.

      I'm disappointed...I was hoping for something other than Lil' Bush II.
      Guess the financial/party backing wasn't there.
      Once you lose one, its really tough to come back for a second try. Nixon is the only one I can think of that pulled it off recently.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am extremely disappointed. I was hoping Romney would run again as he is the only one who I believe is actually capable of winning. Jeb Bush is moderate enough to pull it off but I think his last name will sink him. The Tea Party types are too polarizing to appeal outside of the Deep South and the rural Midwest ... in other words they can't break the Blue Wall. Heck, as it is none of them can even break the single digits in internal GOP polling. This is a very bad sign for the party ahead of 2016 as we just lost our strongest contender.

        Basically I am saying that I believe Hillary just won the election by default

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
          I am extremely disappointed. I was hoping Romney would run again as he is the only one who I believe is actually capable of winning. Jeb Bush is moderate enough to pull it off but I think his last name will sink him. The Tea Party types are too polarizing to appeal outside of the Deep South and the rural Midwest ... in other words they can't break the Blue Wall. Heck, as it is none of them can even break the single digits in internal GOP polling. This is a very bad sign for the party ahead of 2016 as we just lost our strongest contender.

          Basically I am saying that I believe Hillary just won the election by default
          Nonsense. Its a marathon, not a race. Hillary's last name carries just as much baggage as Bush's, assuming she remains healthy enough to run, and Slick Willie will say something stupid, sure as the sun comes up.

          Rom lost, and there are few second chances in the big game. Nixon managed a comeback, but he had to wait eight years to do it.

          More important than who, is how much we can pile onto Obama over the next year. Regardless of who runs, the Dems are shackled to his administration.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Mr Romney wants to leave the field to others.

            http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-30-10-54-39

            Rats! I was hoping for more touching moments...

            #occupyarmchairgeneral.
            Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
            Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
              I am extremely disappointed. I was hoping Romney would run again as he is the only one who I believe is actually capable of winning. Jeb Bush is moderate enough to pull it off but I think his last name will sink him. The Tea Party types are too polarizing to appeal outside of the Deep South and the rural Midwest ... in other words they can't break the Blue Wall. Heck, as it is none of them can even break the single digits in internal GOP polling. This is a very bad sign for the party ahead of 2016 as we just lost our strongest contender.

              Basically I am saying that I believe Hillary just won the election by default

              There was no way Romney could shake this....

              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Nonsense. Its a marathon, not a race. Hillary's last name carries just as much baggage as Bush's, assuming she remains healthy enough to run, and Slick Willie will say something stupid, sure as the sun comes up.

                Rom lost, and there are few second chances in the big game. Nixon managed a comeback, but he had to wait eight years to do it.

                More important than who, is how much we can pile onto Obama over the next year. Regardless of who runs, the Dems are shackled to his administration.
                'Slick Willie' is probably her biggest asset. He's more likeable, a better campaigner & ran an Administration that looks like a 'Golden Age' compared to what has followed.

                In addition to a further ramping up of the anti-Obama campaign, I'm expecting an increase in 'Obama's people are trying to wreck Hilary's campaign' stories coming from the Conservative Entertainment Complex. They will, of course, be faithfully reproduced here & treated as fact.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X