Veterans Choice Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Choice Program

I just got a letter from the VA and it looks like I get to use my benefits locally.

About the Program

Many Veterans will now have the option to receive non-VA health care rather than waiting for a VA appointment or traveling to a VA facility.
    Beginning November 5, 2014, the new Choice Program will begin to cover non-VA care for eligible Veterans enrolled in VA healthcare. Veterans are eligible if any of these situations apply to you:
    • You have been told by your local VA medical facility that you will need to wait more than 30 days from your preferred date or the date medically determined by your physician
    • Your current residence is more than 40 miles from the closest VA health care facility
    • You need to travel by plane or boat to the VA medical facility closest to your home
    • You face a geographic challenge, such as extensive distances around water or other geologic formations, such as mountains, which presents a significant travel hardship

Every Veteran will receive a letter and a Choice Card in the mail with details about the program. Veterans will be eligible for the program and receive cards in three phases:
    1. Veterans who may live more than 40 miles from a VA facility.
    2. Veterans who are currently waiting for an appointment longer than 30 days from their preferred date or the date determined to be medically necessary by their physician.
    3. All remaining Veterans enrolled for VA healthcare who may be eligible for the Choice Program in the future.

To set up an appointment with a non-VA provider, call the VA at 866-606-8198 and we will work with you to ensure you are approved for care in your community.

http://www.va.gov/opa/choiceact/

Yippee, I don't have to go to those quacks anymore to utilize my benefits...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

I got that last week? I've been mulling over how I'll use it since I don't bother with the VA anyways.

Comment

No big deal...you're just being transferred to Obamacare.

"Travel by boat"? What century is the VA in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        No big deal...you're just being transferred to Obamacare.

"Travel by boat"? What century is the VA in?
        Where I lived in Canada, you could only get there by boat or plane. Perhaps it is referencing the many vets who live in the South Pacific/Philippine's?

Comment

Some people in the US live on islands that don't have bridges to the "Mainland". There are also places like Alaska that are not connected to roads that travel to places with services. Last, this is a letter from s Bureaucracy trying to cover all the bases.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            \Last, this is a letter from s Bureaucracy trying to cover all the bases.

Pruitt
            you mean a "CYA" program.
            Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Yep...that too.

Comment

..not as bad as all that...

As part of my rehab from recent spinal surgery I am currently using the Veteran's Choice program to access a DPT close to my home. As far as I can tell so far it's working for me. I was accepted for physical therapy and got my first treatment within a week.
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                  Where I lived in Canada, you could only get there by boat or plane. Perhaps it is referencing the many vets who live in the South Pacific/Philippine's?
                  Most of them travel by local air.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Some people in the US live on islands that don't have bridges to the "Mainland". There are also places like Alaska that are not connected to roads that travel to places with services. Last, this is a letter from s Bureaucracy trying to cover all the bases.

Pruitt
                    The off-gridders in Alaska are served by the Alaskan railroad.

If you are a veteran, and live so far from care that you need a boat, you're a candidate for the Short Bus.

Think about it.

Comment

The off-gridders in Alaska are served by the Alaskan railroad.

Only those on the Cable TV show. The majority are way out in the middle of nowhere.
                      If you are a veteran, and live so far from care that you need a boat, you're a candidate for the Short Bus.

Think about it.
                      There are several places in Michigan where you have to take a ferry to the mainland before you can get to the VA. In very cold winters, it is a helicopter ride.

Here is one for you, My uncle just got his card today. Problem is, he has been dead since June of 2014.
                      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Don't you all care that Vets can get medical care locally? Without the waiting and second rate care that the VA is renowned for?

I say its about time that We took care of our own. Never will I darken the halls of the VA Palo Alto. Those screwballs almost cost me my feet by a miss-diagnosis. No longer will I put up with doctors who can't make it in the private sector.

Btw Palo Alto is regarded as one of the best, considering that how big of a fubar they did to me... I'll pass.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                          Only those on the Cable TV show. The majority are way out in the middle of nowhere.
                          [/FONT][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
                          There are several places in Michigan where you have to take a ferry to the mainland before you can get to the VA. In very cold winters, it is a helicopter ride.

Here is one for you, My uncle just got his card today. Problem is, he has been dead since June of 2014.
                          Then he'd better hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Btw Palo Alto is regarded as one of the best, considering that how big of a fubar they did to me... I'll pass.
                            Heh I'll trade with ya. I am within 40 miles of one of the worst facilities in the VA.

Comment

QUOTE=Mountain Man;2976201]No big deal...you're just being transferred to Obamacare.[/QUOTE]
                              VA is what Obamacare will be in the near future.
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X