Group blasts hospital over in-house McDonald's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group blasts hospital over in-house McDonald's

A non profit D.C. group has decided to go after a McDonald's...

The McDonald’s restaurant inside the Children’s Hospital of Georgia is part of a “misaligned” relationship that includes apparently tying the rent the restaurant pays to the hospital to sales and allows McDonald’s to make a “McDelivery” to the sick kids, according to a physician group and documents obtained by The Augusta Chronicle.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-...s?v=1422326273
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

'em.

If a Big Mac or similar can bring a child in a hospital a little comfort, more power to everyone. If it lets a parent grab a bite while trying to visit their child and keep the rest of their life functioning, good.

Stuck in a hospital, scared, lonely...a touch of the familiar through a Happy Meal will do a lot more good than the tree-hugging morons trying to make the kids' experience as miserable as possible.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      ... 'em...
      I agree. Kids like Happy Meals.

Comment

'em.

If a Big Mac or similar can bring a child in a hospital a little comfort, more power to everyone. If it lets a parent grab a bite while trying to visit their child and keep the rest of their life functioning, good.

Stuck in a hospital, scared, lonely...a touch of the familiar through a Happy Meal will do a lot more good than the tree-hugging morons trying to make the kids' experience as miserable as possible.
        Agreed. The tee huggers can f-off.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

'em.

I also agree, I have never met a kid that doesn't like McDonalds.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Let's see...

The Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine is a Progressive Leftist group with a misnomer for its title.

They promote:

Veganism
            Animal Rights
            Avoiding dairy products (Founder Neal Bernard calls cheese "Dairy crack.")

The PCRM has long been at odds with McDonald's. This event is nothing new for them. You can safely discount the PCRM as little more than a fringe nutter group on the Left (as opposed to such groups on the Right).

Nothing to see here, just some over-educated quacks making noise. Move along.

Comment

'em.

Agreed, especially given the McDonald House's throughout America that provide food and lodging for families with kids in long-term hospital care.

Leave well enough alone.

As for vegans, shouldn't they be eating a tree or something?

Comment

I've had to stay in a hospital a couple of weeks at a time taking care of my son. Things get old fast, a change of pace is nice & having a fast food joint where you can literally grab something is a good idea. I'm sure if the patients aren't suppose to have a certain kind of food the nurses will keep it out.

I stayed at the "McDonald's House" in KS City near Children's Mercy. It was a great & cheap place to stay. Helped morale greatly.
                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I'm gonna be the voice of dissent. I never took my kid to that joint or taco hell.

Togo's is so much better...

http://www.togos.com/what-s-to-eat/cold-sandwiches.aspx
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X