X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Leader of Marine COrp makes new plans for 2015

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...p-the-service/
    +++++++++++
    Just wondering what you all think about this? Good? Bad? Big freakin Deal?

Meh, We will see. But since I'm Army, it's no skin off my nose what he does.

Comment

I read in some military type news journals that a lot of Marine NCOs & EMs are not too impressed with him since he's never been deployed to a combat zone.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I thought he was commander in the Iraq theater?

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
          I read in some military type news journals that a lot of Marine NCOs & EMs are not too impressed with him since he's never been deployed to a combat zone.
          He was the commander in Afghanistan.

Dunford, who previously served as the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan,

Comment

I like what Maj. Gen. Andrew O'Donnell Jr., deputy commander of the Marine Corps Combat Development Command said regarding budget cuts.
            He said the Marines are not complaining, and are prepared to do more with less. "We don't have everything that we'd like but I think we have everything that we need."

"Ooh-rah!"
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I'm pretty sure that they were talking about the new Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. He did deploy with an aviation unit to Iraq but he doesn't have the Combat Action Ribbon. A lot of Marines were hoping that SgtMaj Brad Kasal would have been selected.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                +++++++++++
                We had an expression in the Army: "A new broom always sweeps clean;" i.e., new leaders always want to make their mark and "shake up the system", making things "lean and mean", "trimming the fat" and "reducing waste and inefficiency" while making the troops "more adapted to their new roles".

These days, everybody has a vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                  +++++++++++
                  No real changes are listed in his planning guidance. His Intent Statement comes right out of MCDP-1 Warfighting which is from 1997. We have discussed the planned methods to meet requirements on ACG. It is a continuous evolution that was put on the back burner for the past decade.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that they were talking about the new Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. He did deploy with an aviation unit to Iraq but he doesn't have the Combat Action Ribbon. A lot of Marines were hoping that SgtMaj Brad Kasal would have been selected.
                    You are correct. I had just gotten done reading these reviews before I went to ACG & I made the wrong connection. Sorry to all my fans out there.
                    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

You are correct. I had just gotten done reading these reviews before I went to ACG & I made the wrong connection. Sorry to all my fans out there.
                      You weren't wrong, you didn't present that as a fact. Remembering reading something about a subject is a good way to keep a conversation going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X