Interesting difference in standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
    I don't find it odd. Blacks have never cared about black on black violence. They only get their pants bunched up when some white cop kills a black man.
    I believe that there is a case where a black cop killed a white WWII vet at a retirement home with a beanbag gun.

White cop killing angry giant thief and abuser is outrage.
    Black cop killing frail old man is no outrage.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I don't find it odd. Blacks have never cared about black on black violence. They only get their pants bunched up when some white cop kills a black man.
      We don't care about American's killing Americans. But we only get our panties in a wad when foreigners do it. Seems we just want to be free to kill our own people.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        We don't care about American's killing Americans. But we only get our panties in a wad when foreigners do it. Seems we just want to be free to kill our own people.
        We seem to be in different countries. America has a pretty good history of punishing Americans who kill other Americans outside the law.

Comment

We seem to be in different countries. America has a pretty good history of punishing Americans who kill other Americans outside the law.
          Oh? I seem to remember us getting more upset about someone far away beheading a few people than about the few dozen who are murdered at home every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            Oh? I seem to remember us getting more upset about someone far away beheading a few people than about the few dozen who are murdered at home every day.
            Really? Where & when did your poll take place?
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The NJ officer did seem a bit panicky. Should not officers aim to calm situations down rather than hype them up?
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                The NJ officer did seem a bit panicky. Should not officers aim to calm situations down rather than hype them up?
                Well, stress in that sort of situation is natural.

I have an issue with the officer repeatedly saying "I'm going to shoot you" and "or you're going to be killed' in connection with his commands. In these sort of high-stress situations a subject goes into 'combat mode' or 'fight or flight mode', and higher brain functions shut down to put full mental powers on events-this is why these things often feel like they are in slow motion, due to the amount of brain activity focused on processing data.

The trouble with shouting things like "Do X or I will shoot you" in that you are reinforcing a course of action-you are literally talking yourself into an act. In the combat mode mindset it is extremely dangerous. In stress training the key is to get the officer articulating commands only. Its not advisable on any level to articulate the possible outcome.

The problem is that TASER training teaches exactly the opposite: they teach to warn the subject that non-compliance will result in the ECD being applied. While it has its positive points (and a TASER mistakenly fired is not a huge deal), all combat-based training should be consistent.

Watching the video, poor training (IMO) also reared its head in the black officer's reactions. The passenger was not complying, and instead of changing his approach the black officer just starting warning him he was going to shoot. This is a clear indicator of either poor training in stress tactics (failure to adapt to a situation spiraling out of control), or a failure in effective firearms training (the officer, for various reasons, sees the sidearm as the absolute arbiter of confrontations, and when it fails to induce compliance the officer is at a loss).

I haven't looked up the state's statutes regarding handguns in cars, but if they had an offense (ironically, they did if the black officer recognized the passenger & remembered he was a convicted felon) deploying pepper or a TASER when the passenger got out of the car would be my inclination.

Its my belief that passenger got out with the idea of bolting, knowing they wouldn't shoot a fleeing subject. He clearly wasn't interpreting the black officer's intent accurately.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Really? Where & when did your poll take place?
                  Oh it was quite informal. I just looked at all the threads about Islamic extremism over the past year and compared them to the number of threads detailing the domestic murder rate. The search option up top is pretty useful there for looking up threads and checking out what is being said.

The results were as much as you'd imagine - plenty of outrage towards the beheadings of American nationals, not nearly as much attention paid to the higher number of American nationals being killed domestically.

Kill three Americans overseas? The president might speak about it. Kill three Americans at home? You're lucky to make the Houston Chronicle more than once.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                    Berlin.1945
                    by casanova
                    The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                    Yesterday, 23:41
                  • casanova
                    AW 169M
                    by casanova
                    The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                    Yesterday, 23:26
                  • JBark
                    What changed?
                    by JBark
                    There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                    Yesterday, 18:54
                  Working...
                  X