Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheldon Silver, New York Assembly Leader, Is Arrested on Graft Charges

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    What some one really needs to do is put an end to Chuck Schumer's career. That's the surest way I know to save The Garden now.
    I am not aware of anyone that could accomplish that, Chuckles is very well entrenched in the Senate and is probably one of the most powerful Senators and has the ear of the present administration.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      It's about fcking time!

      Though I've got to wonder what he did to **** off Chuck Schumer so.
      Apparently, his kickback checks to Schumer bounced.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

      ~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        What some one really needs to do is put an end to Chuck Schumer's career. That's the surest way I know to save The Garden now.

        Remember these moments?



        Save The Garden!
        Well Marc, I've got some bad news for ya ... Chuckles is likely to be the next Senate Majority Leader when the Democrats retake the Senate. Dirty Harry from Searchlight, NV won't run again.

        Chuckles as Senate Majority Leader

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
          Well Marc, I've got some bad news for ya ... Chuckles is likely to be the next Senate Majority Leader when the Democrats retake the Senate. Dirty Harry from Searchlight, NV won't run again.

          Chuckles as Senate Majority Leader
          The Democrats deserve him...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            I am not aware of anyone that could accomplish that, Chuckles is very well entrenched in the Senate and is probably one of the most powerful Senators and has the ear of the present administration.
            How to rid ourselves of Chuck Schumed? The same way he's ridding us of She'll Silver. Every spring he traipsed on down to "insurance row": a Midtown complex that houses Met Life, New York Life, Credit Suisse/First Boston, and numerous other financial houses. I'm sure he wasn't out collecting for the Girl Scouts, and since he sits on the Banking Committee, I can smell conflict of interest and influence peddling. The only fly is Bharara: as long as he's US Attorney, no one else can prosecute. Nice arrangement, eh.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

            Comment


            • #21
              http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/sheldon...n-temporarily/
              Looks like this is the end of the line for Shelly ...

              acing intense pressure to step down, Sheldon Silver has agreed to relinquish his enormous powers as Assembly speaker to a five-person committee.

              Under a deal being finalized last night, Silver will become a virtual figurehead on Monday, as he cedes the iron control he has held over legislative matters in the state Capitol for the past 21 years.
              Awww my heart weeps!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                Well Marc, I've got some bad news for ya ... Chuckles is likely to be the next Senate Majority Leader when the Democrats retake the Senate. Dirty Harry from Searchlight, NV won't run again.

                Chuckles as Senate Majority Leader
                Reid is running again, or so he says.

                Eye injury or no, the Democratic Senate minority leader plans to run for his Nevada seat in 2016. Speculation has swirled that an exercise accident that he recently suffered would dissuade him.

                But in a press conference in his office suite just off the Senate floor, he said emphatically: I fully intend to run.

                http://news.yahoo.com/harry-reid-201...lkA1lIUzAwM18x

                As for Majority Leader the Democrats are unlikely to recapture the Senate until 2018 at the earliest and not likely to before 2022.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  .

                  But Cumo's right about one thing: in the state that leads the Union in arrested/prosecuted/convicted state legislators,
                  Hey, at least we are number one in something!
                  "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cyan67 View Post

                    As for Majority Leader the Democrats are unlikely to recapture the Senate until 2018 at the earliest and not likely to before 2022.
                    Since he's only 64 now, the chances of him being dead by then aren't good.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                      http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/sheldon...n-temporarily/
                      Looks like this is the end of the line for Shelly ...
                      Shel doesn't think it's the end. If he did he'd walk away with no strings attached. No, the egotistical bastard thinks he'll return in triumph, like Crassus was needed to fight Spartacus. Talk about self-inflated.

                      The worst part will be the guy who'll come out smelling like roses: Chuck Schumer. For the people of this state, this is a real devil's deal. No matter how it ends, we loose.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X