Mexican Drone Overloaded With Meth Crashes At Border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Drone Overloaded With Meth Crashes At Border

Nothing like a little high tech to start off the day. I wonder how much of that meth was actually turned in to evidence by the Mexican authorities. I suspect the average Mexican LEO could retire on the proceeds from a single bag.

MEXICO CITY – Police in a Mexican border city said Wednesday that a drone overloaded with illicit methamphetamine crashed into a supermarket parking lot.
    Tijuana police spokesman Jorge Morrua said authorities were alerted after the drone fell Tuesday night near the San Ysidro crossing at Mexico's border with California.
    Six packets of the drug, weighing more than six pounds, were taped to the six-propeller remote-controlled aircraft. Morrua said authorities are investigating where the flight originated and who was controlling it. He said it was not the first time they had seen drones used for smuggling drugs across the border.
    Other innovative efforts have included catapults, ultralight aircraft and tunnels.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01...ntcmp=HPBucket

Cool. Can I set up a AAA battery to bring them down along the border? Think that it'll be a Mossberg 12 gauge turkey gun with 3.5 inch shotshells in 00 buck.
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I think it would be a lot more fun to arm a model airplane/helo and hunt the drug smuggling drones down. Of course I would probably get in very serious legal troubles so I'll give it a pass.
      Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
        Cool. Can I set up a AAA battery to bring them down along the border? Think that it'll be a Mossberg 12 gauge turkey gun with 3.5 inch shotshells in 00 buck.
        Over kill with 00. Just some good skeet rounds. Skeet ranges for our Olympic teams, who could complain, except the teams? Then the drones are nothing more than RC, low tech, should be easy enough to jam.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Time to train a formation of Kamikaze Bats!!
          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Actually, just jam the signal. It will either crash or automatically return to the place it was launched.

With six pounds of drugs, this one, with its six motors running at full power, probably was unable to maintain stability and flipped over to crash.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

To hell with the drugs, I wonder if they fly money back south of the border on the return trip??????
              "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
              - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

The Secret Service reported a drone crashing within the gates of the White House.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  The Secret Service reported a drone crashing within the gates of the White House.
                  Mexicans flying drugs to Obama?
                  "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                  - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                    Mexicans flying drugs to Obama?

With the Obama administration at the helm...I wouldn't be surprised. Heck, who would have thought we'd ship guns to Mexican gangs? Yet...we did.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X