Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Moore doesn't like 'American Sniper,' says snipers are "cowards"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    Read further.... I've provided details that you couldn't find if your life depended on it.
    You were given the name, date of death, location of death, told where the information was (which included all of the details required) and that critics of Moore had found it. You were also given an obituary from which to start if you so wished. A quick search on google found all of that information. All you had to do was put the names in and you could find the sites (once again critics of Moore) who had dug this up. I also stayed open-minded as to its accuracy. Do you want me to give you the links to each place I clicked to find it? Or can you enter the search terms on your own?

    You on the other hand provided all apart from denials and insults. Perhaps approach it differently next time. By the way thanks for using all of your 'primary sources'. Anyways moving on.
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

    "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Crash View Post
      Perhaps he died so his nephew could say what he wants...ya know...freedom and things.


      Hey, isn't it this easy Jeff? Let's all make claims about what dead men would think!
      well..... we have been contemplating what dead men think since the birth of mankind........

      Comment


      • Moore is just pissed because a sniper shot his KFC bucket out of his hands.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

        That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          You were given the name, date of death, location of death, told where the information was (which included all of the details required) and that critics of Moore had found it. You were also given an obituary from which to start if you so wished. A quick search on google found all of that information. All you had to do was put the names in and you could find the sites (once again critics of Moore) who had dug this up. I also stayed open-minded as to its accuracy. Do you want me to give you the links to each place I clicked to find it? Or can you enter the search terms on your own?

          You on the other hand provided all apart from denials and insults. Perhaps approach it differently next time. By the way thanks for using all of your 'primary sources'. Anyways moving on.
          First off, you had the same information and you produced nothing. Secondly, the name was not consistent with Facebook and the obituary. If Moore can't even get his uncle's name right that should indicate a red flag. When I asked for the uncle's name early on, (post #49) no one knew. Since you are the expert researcher locate the cause of death.... we are waiting. Thirdly, you didn't stay open minded, you had no idea what to think, because you are a Moore fanboy.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

          ~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            First off, you had the same information and you produced nothing. Secondly, the name was not consistent with Facebook and the obituary. If Moore can't even get his uncle's name right that should indicate a red flag. When I asked for the uncle's name early on, (post #49) no one knew. Since you are the expert researcher locate the cause of death.... we are waiting. Thirdly, you didn't stay open minded, you had no idea what to think, because you are a Moore fanboy.
            This has moved beyond the point of silly. I suggest that you read the posts and information provided. Secondly you seem to be saying that you were unable to find anything because of the names? Yet two other people found the information required from the same starting point as you. Other people had done the research and posted it in more than one place. Guess that sums it up - and all with a few minutes on Google. As Crash said a simple google search really did put you in your place.

            Anyways am done with this. Next time try a different approach.
            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
            G.B Shaw

            "They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

            Comment


            • I was not surprised one bit by the response from Michael Moore, but I was bloody hell shocked that Jane Fonda loved it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                This has moved beyond the point of silly. I suggest that you read the posts and information provided. Secondly you seem to be saying that you were unable to find anything because of the names? Yet two other people found the information required from the same starting point as you. Other people had done the research and posted it in more than one place. Guess that sums it up - and all with a few minutes on Google. As Crash said a simple google search really did put you in your place.

                Anyways am done with this. Next time try a different approach.
                And the uncle's cause of death was? Waiting....
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

                ~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                Comment


                • The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that this movie is up to $200 million gross take so far! Nobody expected this.

                  I wonder how much of that is due to so many people hating Michael Moore? Some may go just to spite him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                    The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that this movie is up to $200 million gross take so far! Nobody expected this.

                    I wonder how much of that is due to so many people hating Michael Moore? Some may go just to spite him.
                    Saw the movie last night, not bad, but misses the mark (X ring) in my opinion.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

                    ~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      Saw the movie last night, not bad, but misses the mark (X ring) in my opinion.
                      What is your X ring?

                      That's a serious question; was the acting bad....weapons employment....
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        What is your X ring?

                        That's a serious question; was the acting bad....weapons employment....
                        The one big thing that really surprised me was the portrayal of his wife, they really cheapened her. Several tactical errors which I won't go into, commonly found in Hollywood movies, but you have to wonder who the military advisor was. All the hype with no real bite, glad I saw it, but I expected much more. How'd you score?
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

                        ~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                        Comment


                        • I think you are way off the mark.
                          The only flaw I noted was this personal duel sort of thing they had going between him and that Mustaffa guy. The man himself said that some other snipers probably got him, but they just had to spice it up a little.

                          And that was about it.

                          The movie itself is a huge success because its so rare; a break from the usual fare of 2-hour long Liberal morality lectures and/or mindless gross-outs thinly disguised as humor.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

                          -Captain Jack

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            The one big thing that really surprised me was the portrayal of his wife, they really cheapened her. Several tactical errors which I won't go into, commonly found in Hollywood movies, but you have to wonder who the military advisor was. All the hype with no real bite, glad I saw it, but I expected much more. How'd you score?
                            I haven't seen it yet but I thinking my assessment will be on line with yours.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              I think you are way off the mark.
                              The only flaw I noted was this personal duel sort of thing they had going between him and that Mustaffa guy. The man himself said that some other snipers probably got him, but they just had to spice it up a little.

                              And that was about it.

                              The movie itself is a huge success because its so rare; a break from the usual fare of 2-hour long Liberal morality lectures and/or mindless gross-outs thinly disguised as humor.
                              Didn't read the book, just basing my assessment on what I saw. I agree with you on the insurgent sniper, rising action when in real life there wasn't one.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

                              ~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                              Comment


                              • Saw the movie a couple of days ago.

                                *Possible spoiler alert*

                                I felt like the battle scenes were generally okay, but had major hiccups, like the scene in which they were setting up on the roof, right before the sandstorm and the killing of Mustafa. We generally avoid roofs, but I'm sure that even if it's not the case in the U.S military- they certainly don't prance around on it, especially if you're one of the best snipers who's supposed to understand basic notions of concealment.

                                Some of the dialogue was spot on, some of it seemed forced and out of place (like everybody constantly calling him "legend", and I don't mean ironically, but like that Ranger captain or whatever calls him that on the net. made it looked amateurish).
                                Lastly- the scene at the shop where he meets the Marine who's life he saved. That had the potential of being such a powerful scene, but I seriously cringed when I saw a veteran of a tour in Iraq snaps to attention, salutes and says "thank you for your service."

                                Overall probably not a bad movie. The final scene of the funeral was definitely very emotional, I think it tackled the whole military-civilian and peacetime-wartime transition (or lack thereof) incredibly well. Found myself nodding along several times in scenes that depicted my thoughts in similar situations pretty well, but in other scenes I couldn't understand how they could be missing the point so bad.

                                Also- honorable mention to Bradley Cooper, what I thought will be the Achilles heel of the movie turned out to be one of its stronger suites.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X