A Quick Question about the IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Pretty much. When the economy is good they make good money. When things are bad though...
    I fought the good fight years ago. IRS left me drooling, laying in a fetal position.

However, I have to agree that something is missing. There are Corps and individuals that often pay more than $100,000 in taxes. Are they supposed to pay them in increments also? I believe somebody on the Site has the expertise to unravel the problem.
    Keep us posted, I'd be interested in how this comes out.
    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
      I fought the good fight years ago. IRS left me drooling, laying in a fetal position.

However, I have to agree that something is missing. There are Corps and individuals that often pay more than $100,000 in taxes. Are they supposed to pay them in increments also? I believe somebody on the Site has the expertise to unravel the problem.
      The reason I came here was because I knew there had to be some little bit of data I wasn't told - I'm a harsh critic of the government but I just couldn't believe that the IRS could have that sort of a law on the books.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

I don't get it. What do you mean?
        Hiring illegals for construction.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Nah, just make sure the paperwork has one of your illegal alien workers down as the supposed owner... Then the IRS will forgive the debt, he'll get papers to make him legal and a green card...
          Always great to have a minority friend that you can trust to help you out.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Hiring illegals for construction.
            Unfortunately, they need trained people for their work - although that didn't keep some idiot veteran of 10 years from sticking his head into a chute to check on the progress of a steel bar that wasn't coming along like it should.

It left quite the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post

You are supposed to pay an estimated tax on a 1099 form quarterly. As a rule, so long as you pay more or less what you think you will owe at some point during the year the IRS is usually happy.
              Never heard of a maximum amount of payment. I wonder what lottery winners do? How could you pay off millions in taxes $100,000 at a time?

Comment

First, sounds like either an urban myth to me or someone is trying to cover up something.

Second, if it actually is against law/regulations for the IRS to accept over $100K at one time the IRS employee should have told them this and given them a copy of the rules.

Third, something not kosher got through the slaughter process.
                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

...My relatives own a construction business in California....
                  Your relatives should let their attorney handle this.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
                    Your relatives should let their attorney handle this.
                    I thought as much. My assumption still is that there is a missing gap in the story and that we haven't been told all the details and/or there was a fundamental misunderstanding.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X