Prosecutors Recommend Charges Against Gen. Petraeus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosecutors Recommend Charges Against Gen. Petraeus

The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against retired Gen. David H. Petraeus for providing classified information to his former mistress while he was director of the C.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro...eus/ar-AA7YSFc
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Anyone see the irony in it being Holder to decide?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The Obama administration must really hate him...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        If he did the crime he must do the time.

...or are you ok with Generals telling chicks they are ing US Military secrets and providing access to their email?

I would have done it all except provide access to my email!

....butt...I woke up this morning with a 3 other small breasted people in my bed and the 2 cats looked awfully shifty...
        Last edited by Crash; 10 Jan 15, 03:01.
        #occupyarmchairgeneral.
        Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
        Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post

...or are you ok with Generals telling chicks they are ing US Military secrets and providing access to their email?

....butt...I woke up this morning with a 3 other small breasted people in my bed and the 2 cats looked awfully shifty...
          If Petraius did it, he was wrong and needs to suffer the consequences.

However, the woman concerned is a West Point graduate, a reserve officer, and has a security clearance. That being the case, then the issue is access. If she didn't have access to the material, then Petraeus is wrong. A security clearance is the primary issue; access to that material, which has to be formally granted, is another.

Sincerely,
          M
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

I don't like it.

Scare him a little, then let him go.

Comment

I don't see anyone being prosecuted over Fast and Furious... Seems both you and this administration are very selective about who they think should face the consequences of their actions....

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

However, the woman concerned is a West Point graduate, a reserve officer, and has a security clearance. That being the case, then the issue is access. If she didn't have access to the material, then Petraeus is wrong. A security clearance is the primary issue; access to that material, which has to be formally granted, is another.

Sincerely,
                M
                There are several degrees of security clearances. I am sure he had the highest. She may not have had the highest.

I have no sympathy for the man. Leaky lips sinks ships or some such thing. And he done sunk himself.
                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Sincerely,
                  M
                  She did not have a need to know. As much as I like Petraeus love got the better of him and he ****ed up.

And for Holder, selling weapons to drug dealers, he needs to go to jail also.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Yes, they hated him so much they appointed him to the overall command in Afghanistan and they they still hated him so much they appointed him head of the CIA......
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                      Yes, they hated him so much they appointed him to the overall command in Afghanistan and they they still hated him so much they appointed him head of the CIA......
                      They had to... no one else wanted to work with the Obama administration.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I don't see anyone being prosecuted over Fast and Furious... Seems both you and this administration are very selective about who they think should face the consequences of their actions....
                        I doubt they will.

They let Bush and Cheney of for their war crimes...why start now?
                        #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                        Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.

Comment

Sincerely,
                          M
                          I think the claim is he gave her access to his CIA email.
                          #occupyarmchairgeneral.

Comment

I doubt they will.

They let Bush and Cheney of[f] for their war crimes...why start now?
                            Good point. Both Fast and Furious and the torture dungeons were pretty serious crimes. I think they should be charged and prosecuted, but it's not happening.

I don't think Petraeus' offerings to his floozy match up anywhere close to that.

Give him a pass, it really doesn't matter. I mean, she didn't sell secrets to the Soviet Union or North Korea, after all. As Massena points out, she IS military ---- our military. So who cares. I don't like Petraeus, the cheater: but this is just small potatoes.

I suppose it's Republicans trying to make up Dem scandals before the election so they can use it to trash the Dems later and hope people will remember. There is a WHOLE lot of this going on, and there will be more, both sides.

Comment

Both he and the woman should face the consequences of what they did. Then again Bradley Manning should have been shot for espionage and treason, Bergdahl should be locked up with the key thrown away for desertion and Holder should be at the front of the line for almost every crime in the book. Though that would require justice and laws actually being enforced with appropriate sentences so I'm not holding my breath.

I doubt they will.

They let Bush and Cheney of for their war crimes...why start now?
                              Keep repeating it and eventually it'll be true.
                              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X