Seante Majority Leader McConnell Blasts Obama Over Veto Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That's what it looks like it is coming down to. The new Congress is likely to pass considerable legislation, much of it on bipartisan votes, and Obama will be vetoing it Left and Left.

It will be very obvious where the obstruction is in the system by mid to late 2015.
    It comes down to how it is presented to the people.

If the people see Obama as being the obstructionist - or the Dems end up running the filibuster train - then it will harm the Dems badly in the next election.

If the people see Congress as being the obstructionist - or they don't end up passing anything - then it will harm the GOP badly in the next election.

It's going to be a big PR battle for sure.

... which probably doesn't mean anything good for the country if we're stuck with another few years of empty partisan posturing.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      It comes down to how it is presented to the people.

If the people see Obama as being the obstructionist - or the Dems end up running the filibuster train - then it will harm the Dems badly in the next election.

If the people see Congress as being the obstructionist - or they don't end up passing anything - then it will harm the GOP badly in the next election.

It's going to be a big PR battle for sure.

... which probably doesn't mean anything good for the country if we're stuck with another few years of empty partisan posturing.
      Past performance is some indication of future outcomes. Most likely you will see both houses of Congress getting more done with Harry Reid out of the way running interference for the President and the House continuing to push out legislation.

Obama on the other hand has a 6+ year track record of not being able to work with anybody in a coalition or in getting bi-partisan legislation passed. He is very likely to start vetoing a lot of bills passed in bi-partisan votes even if these are not over ridden by Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Past performance is some indication of future outcomes. Most likely you will see both houses of Congress getting more done with Harry Reid out of the way running interference for the President and the House continuing to push out legislation.

Obama on the other hand has a 6+ year track record of not being able to work with anybody in a coalition or in getting bi-partisan legislation passed. He is very likely to start vetoing a lot of bills passed in bi-partisan votes even if these are not over ridden by Congress.
        As little regard I have for Obama or the Dems, I'm not exactly optimistic about what we will see in the next few years just because the GOP have the legislative reins. Neither party has a record that leaves me tingling with excitement.

If I were a betting man, I would place money on not much of anything getting done - as we've seen in the past decade.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X