Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
    You are just an Uncle Tom
    Well my ethnic mix doesn't include African that I know of but you never know if we go back far enough.
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
      Well my ethnic mix doesn't include African that I know of but you never know if we go back far enough.
      See I knew you weren't a true brother hahahahah
      “Come and take it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
        Would that by your ancestors in Olduvai Gorge by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Would that by your ancestors in Olduvai Gorge by any chance?
          Well, yes at the very least.
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            How in the hell can you think it wasn't racist? What kind of reading mis-comprehension is that?

Unless making remarks about whites is acceptable in this day and age. Is that what you're saying?
            Yes, that's probably what he is saying. We all deserve it because of slavery.
            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
              What three things do all of them have in common?
              PMS.
              “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Savez! That was so BAD!! [:-) [:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                  Savez! That was so BAD!! [:-) [:-)
                  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                    I recall quite clearly never once owning a slave, nor knowing anyone that has, in my entire life. I have never once oppressed anyone. Nearly everything I have I earned, and was never subject to any special privileges (not including free gifts for Christmas and Birthdays). I doubt that he has either, but if he wants to be guilt-ridden for the actions of others, that's his doing, not mine.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                      Oh, develop ESP all of the sudden? Go back to debating the Lost Cause of the Civil War. You do somewhat better there.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                        I recall quite clearly never once owning a slave, nor knowing anyone that has, in my entire life. I have never once oppressed anyone. Nearly everything I have I earned, and was never subject to any special privileges (not including free gifts for Christmas and Birthdays). I doubt that he has either, but if he wants to be guilt-ridden for the actions of others, that's his doing, not mine.
                        White guilt / white privilege is one of the oddest phenomenons I've ever experienced. It's easy to understand that being white has some benefits associated with it to this day - less likely to be stopped by the cops, more likely to find employment, and as most American's are white, the ability to connect better socially due to fondness for those who are more 'like us' - the fact is that there are so many other variables at work that I'm not guilty about it.

If anything, my being taller than average has an equal if greater impact on my employment chances than my race, and as you say, I've specifically never oppressed anyone.

I think that white guilt stems from the problem inherent in being a member of a nation that committed great evil for centuries. In the same way a modern German might feel guilt over what their ancestors did to the Jews, we have many Americans who feel guilty over what theirs did to blacks, natives, immigrants, etc.

One must not pull extra guilt onto themselves, but one must not forget that such evil did occur as well - never forget, never repeat.

But those that try and use that guilt as a weapon against others are utter scum. Anyone attempting to make one feel guilt over the color of their skin or where their ancestors came from are nothing but racists and fools.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X