Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Environmentalism and Global Warming Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

    And yet GLOBAL temperatures still rise.
    Where? How? Most of North America has been colder and wetter this entire spring, summer, the four weeks of fall that we had, and now this record cold setting early winter.
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

    Comment


    • The North American continent has an area of 24.7 million square kilometers.
      This would be almost 1/20th of the planet's surface area. What about the other 19 20ths?
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Climate researchers weren't even looking at these as a potential cause until 9/11 suddenly gave the NOAA solid data on what happens when you have none over the US for a week. Now it's taken seriously as a potential cause, although some true believers are trying as hard as they can to deny it, much like the Earth is the center of the universe believers did. After all, it challenges their core beliefs of a lifetime. That can be hard to swallow for some.
        Abstract

        The potential of condensation trails (contrails) from jet aircraft to affect regional-scale surface temperatures has been debated for years1,2,3, but was difficult to verify until an opportunity arose as a result of the three-day grounding of all commercial aircraft in the United States in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks on 11 September 2001. Here we show that there was an anomalous increase in the average diurnal temperature range (that is, the difference between the daytime maximum and night-time minimum temperatures) for the period 11–14 September 2001. Because persisting contrails can reduce the transfer of both incoming solar and outgoing infrared radiation4,5 and so reduce the daily temperature range, we attribute at least a portion of this anomaly to the absence of contrails over this period.

        Just to reinforce the fact that TAG makes things up.



        Comment


        • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

          Where? How? Most of North America has been colder and wetter this entire spring, summer, the four weeks of fall that we had, and now this record cold setting early winter.
          North America is not the whole globe.

          https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2893/n...-isnt-cooling/
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

          Comment


          • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
            The North American continent has an area of 24.7 million square kilometers.
            This would be almost 1/20th of the planet's surface area. What about the other 19 20ths?
            BTW, where I live we've had exceptionally high temperatures for the previous few days. (Gonna be cooler today). Of course, this could be just another occasional fluctuation but for mid November, these are the highest temperatures we've had since records began, so it was quite remarkable. We hit 40C and had crowded beaches a month sooner than expected.

            https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...zwEXPsWPp29UsY

            Part of a global warming pattern? I can't say, but wherever we are in the World we can't really use local conditions as a guide. We need to look at things in the global context.
            Last edited by panther3485; 16 Nov 19, 21:02.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post

              BTW, where I live we've had exceptionally high temperatures for the previous few days. (Gonna be cooler today). Of course, this could be just another occasional fluctuation but for mid November, these are the highest temperatures we've had since records began, so it was quite remarkable. We hit 40C and had crowded beaches a month sooner than expected.

              https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...zwEXPsWPp29UsY

              Part of a global warming pattern? I can't say, but wherever we are in the World we can't really use local conditions as a guide. We need to look at things in the global context.
              You need a rapid holiday in
              Quebec or Ontario, Panther!

              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                You need a rapid holiday in
                Quebec or Ontario, Panther!
                "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

                  North America is not the whole globe.

                  https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2893/n...-isnt-cooling/
                  So, even though we are not basking in record hot weather in November, that we didn't have a torrid summer of 1988, that we should still panic over the reports of Global Warming by the Fake News Media?

                  What do you think the solution is? Submit to the panic and become "Sheep" to be led to the slaughter of population control? Give up out lifestyle, our property, our freedom and be moved into sustainable communes where our worth to the Collective will determine how long we live? Well guess what? That is exactly what people like Al Gore and world leaders at the UN, those that hate what the Unites States stand for, want as a solution to a problem that has been caused by changes in the sun's energy output, decaying plants, termites, volcanic eruptions, and other natural causes in a far greater percentage then modern and ancient society has influence. New technology like 5G will help to speed things along as we become hostage to the powers that control this new emerging, near X-Ray in the electronic spectrum, high speed data collection technology.

                  https://massawakening.org/5g-depopulation-agenda/
                  It's no secret that the Chinese Communist have developed the technology with a massive surveillance program of it population in order to control them.
                  https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...the-5g-network
                  And, the plan to depopulate the world in order to stop Global Warming.
                  https://www.disclose.tv/agenda-21-th...by-2030-313560
                  “Breaking News,”

                  “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                    So, even though we are not basking in record hot weather in November, that we didn't have a torrid summer of 1988, that we should still panic over the reports of Global Warming by the Fake News Media?

                    What do you think the solution is? Submit to the panic and become "Sheep" to be led to the slaughter of population control? Give up out lifestyle, our property, our freedom and be moved into sustainable communes where our worth to the Collective will determine how long we live? Well guess what? That is exactly what people like Al Gore and world leaders at the UN, those that hate what the Unites States stand for, want as a solution to a problem that has been caused by changes in the sun's energy output, decaying plants, termites, volcanic eruptions, and other natural causes in a far greater percentage then modern and ancient society has influence. New technology like 5G will help to speed things along as we become hostage to the powers that control this new emerging, near X-Ray in the electronic spectrum, high speed data collection technology.

                    https://massawakening.org/5g-depopulation-agenda/
                    It's no secret that the Chinese Communist have developed the technology with a massive surveillance program of it population in order to control them.
                    https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...the-5g-network
                    And, the plan to depopulate the world in order to stop Global Warming.
                    https://www.disclose.tv/agenda-21-th...by-2030-313560
                    Hate to tell you mate but the Suns output has been declining, if the Sun was causing the heat increase then ALL the layers of the atmosphere would be heating up, not just the surface.

                    Sorry please continue your nonsensical rant.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jutland View Post

                      Hate to tell you mate but the Suns output has been declining, if the Sun was causing the heat increase then ALL the layers of the atmosphere would be heating up, not just the surface.

                      Sorry please continue your nonsensical rant.
                      Care to explain this?
                      https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-age-retrea/
                      https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice...nding-now.html
                      https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...aug_southpole/

                      Continue calling my warning nonsense - especially when the day arrives in the near future that you are force-ably moved to the sustainable community. That is, if a global war with Islam doesn't take place.
                      “Breaking News,”

                      “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                        Care to explain this?
                        https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-age-retrea/
                        https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice...nding-now.html
                        https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...aug_southpole/

                        Continue calling my warning nonsense - especially when the day arrives in the near future that you are force-ably moved to the sustainable community. That is, if a global war with Islam doesn't take place.
                        Which it will. our country has a much lower temperature and a lot more water than their countries. War is therefore inevitable at some point, although Europe will be an easier target for them.

                        Meanwhile, Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, so let's try and remember that e're allegedly all one big happy family. We can continue hating each other after the holidays.

                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                          Care to explain this?
                          https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ce-age-retrea/
                          https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice...nding-now.html
                          https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...aug_southpole/

                          Continue calling my warning nonsense - especially when the day arrives in the near future that you are force-ably moved to the sustainable community. That is, if a global war with Islam doesn't take place.
                          Your first two articles explain it, the Milankovitch cycle for Mars is different.....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                            So, even though we are not basking in record hot weather in November, that we didn't have a torrid summer of 1988, that we should still panic over the reports of Global Warming by the Fake News Media?

                            What do you think the solution is? Submit to the panic and become "Sheep" to be led to the slaughter of population control? Give up out lifestyle, our property, our freedom and be moved into sustainable communes where our worth to the Collective will determine how long we live? Well guess what? That is exactly what people like Al Gore and world leaders at the UN, those that hate what the Unites States stand for, want as a solution to a problem that has been caused by changes in the sun's energy output, decaying plants, termites, volcanic eruptions, and other natural causes in a far greater percentage then modern and ancient society has influence. New technology like 5G will help to speed things along as we become hostage to the powers that control this new emerging, near X-Ray in the electronic spectrum, high speed data collection technology.

                            https://massawakening.org/5g-depopulation-agenda/
                            It's no secret that the Chinese Communist have developed the technology with a massive surveillance program of it population in order to control them.
                            https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...the-5g-network
                            And, the plan to depopulate the world in order to stop Global Warming.
                            https://www.disclose.tv/agenda-21-th...by-2030-313560
                            Are you telling me that the only options are Scorched Earth or Communism? A rather blinkered view imho.

                            We could adopt a Scandinavian stance as one of many alternatives.
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

                              Are you telling me that the only options are Scorched Earth or Communism? A rather blinkered view imho.

                              We could adopt a Scandinavian stance as one of many alternatives.
                              Just how many people will willingly give up their lifestyle and freedom for a life of slavery in The Collective just for the sake of stopping Climate Change? True, there are many alternatives. Some are good, such as industry working to operate more efficiently and control pollution. Others worthless such as relying on solar power to charge the batteries of the electric cars when one considers how environmentally damaging it is to manufacture the batteries and solar panels, not to mention turning acres of cropland or meadows into solar farms. But, that's not what the Far Left Environmentalist want. They want drastic changes NOW. No cows, no aircraft, no power generation using coal, oil, gas, hydropower, or nuclear and the retrofitting of all inhabited structures to sustainable use according to Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is running for President. Therefore, according to them, a Scorched Earth or Communism is the only solution for curing Global Warming, Climate Change, whatever it is being called according to if it is getting warmer, or cooler.

                              https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...green-new-deal
                              “Breaking News,”

                              “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                                Just how many people will willingly give up their lifestyle and freedom for a life of slavery in The Collective just for the sake of stopping Climate Change? True, there are many alternatives. Some are good, such as industry working to operate more efficiently and control pollution. Others worthless such as relying on solar power to charge the batteries of the electric cars when one considers how environmentally damaging it is to manufacture the batteries and solar panels, not to mention turning acres of cropland or meadows into solar farms. But, that's not what the Far Left Environmentalist want. They want drastic changes NOW. No cows, no aircraft, no power generation using coal, oil, gas, hydropower, or nuclear and the retrofitting of all inhabited structures to sustainable use according to Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is running for President. Therefore, according to them, a Scorched Earth or Communism is the only solution for curing Global Warming, Climate Change, whatever it is being called according to if it is getting warmer, or cooler.

                                https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...green-new-deal
                                Worthless at the moment, but the tech on solar energy and batteries will get there. Further, infertile deserts make excellent locations for solar power.

                                I am a current fan of nuclear power, and believe we will eventually be able to harness the energy in the radioactive waste, so I am not a leftie Green.

                                Communism is a nice idea, but simply doesn't work.

                                We do need to do something quickly, but I now feel its probably too late, and our descendants will suffer from our selfish stupidity.
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X