This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

Greta is not a hypocrite. She is simply a concerned citizen who sees certain old people only concerned with short term selfish considerations, and not the world that's left for the next generations. She might not understand all the facts, but her heart is certainly in the right place.

We need more people like Greta for a better future. Fortunately, your 7 year old daughter appears to be one of them. Isn't it fantastic when children are better than their parents .
    Nick, that was an excerpt from an NPR article excerpted. The NPR author was mentioning their daughter ...

My daughter is 46 years old and a bit brighter than that one of the NPR author.

Not surprised you missed on this detail as you miss on so many others. Try better to address the post and not the poster and provide real EVIDENCE and PROOF that current Climate Flux is mostly to all human caused and not part of natural cycles we've seen for about 4 billion years now.

Meanwhile, also provide some evidence you are living your beliefs and "walking the walk", not just "talking the talk" of an urban dwelling, concrete pounding hypocrite who is more part of the problem and less part of the solution.

BTW, see #1311 above as part of evidence I'm doing more to aid the planet and environment than nearly any of you others posting here. You might also chase down my thread on honeybee keeper activities. I "walk the walk" which nearly all of you just "talk the talk".
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• We're more likely to plunge back into another Ice Age/Glaciation than experience any above average "warming".

Comment

• Currently, Halloween was ruined by the cold wet weather for the kids as the temperature is near freezing and it is sleet with strong northeast winds that is causing flooding along Saginaw Bay. We may get a couple of inches of snow. The Western part of the state is getting heavy wet snow. That could be an issue with trees that haven't lost their leaves yet. The forecast is for much below normal and wetter then normal. Fields are already flooded as much of the corn and soybean crop is going to be lost to immaturity and the wet fields.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Here is something to chew on. Measurements of the temperature in the thermosphere have dropped by 10 degrees as predicted with increased co2. Sounds impressive? Consider that the average temperature in the thermosphere are 1700 degrees and fluctuate by an additional 1000 degrees dependent on solar activity.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Nick, that was an excerpt from an NPR article excerpted. The NPR author was mentioning their daughter ...

Not surprised you missed on this detail as you miss on so many others. Try better to address the post and not the poster and provide real EVIDENCE and PROOF that current Climate Flux is mostly to all human caused and not part of natural cycles we've seen for about 4 billion years now.

Meanwhile, also provide some evidence you are living your beliefs and "walking the walk", not just "talking the talk" of an urban dwelling, concrete pounding hypocrite who is more part of the problem and less part of the solution.

BTW, see #1311 above as part of evidence I'm doing more to aid the planet and environment than nearly any of you others posting here. You might also chase down my thread on honeybee keeper activities. I "walk the walk" which nearly all of you just "talk the talk".
            Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Happy to admit when I'm wrong. Sometimes it happens.

As for evidence: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

BTW Your graph is wrong..fake news.

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_res...arbon-dioxide/
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

If you see this as "personalized" that's your perspective.

Thing is that the "theory of Molecular resonance" has nothing to do with, or ignores, my point about volume or mass of effect. The MAJOR question/issue remains how that "one part" out of 2500 applies to the other 2,499.

Like many, including the so-called "experts", seems the other 2,499 parts that aren't CO2 supposedly "magically" attain an equal heat increase from the "theory of Molecular resonance" which applies to the ONE Part of CO2. This is the source of my repeated frustration and frustration with many here whom want to post in support or endorsement of ACC/AGW yet won't live according to their beliefs, or wonder why some of us question the Non-science/Non-sense they present. .
              See now you are contradicting yourself.

Originally posted by G David Bock
              However, even under current Modern Warm Era conditions, crops, other plants, animals and people will benefit from more carbon dioxide. The “gas of life” is a miracle plant fertilizer that helps plants grow and prosper – greening the planet,

So a tiny thing is VITAL to life as we know it but is also at the same time is so inconsequential that it couldn't possibly influence temperature?
              Last edited by Jutland; 01 Nov 19, 10:48.

Comment

• Drudge headlines related to Global Warming;

Explosion in Antarctic sea ice levels may cause another ice age?

Utah record cold; Lowest October temp ever in continental USA...

96-year-old snowfall record smashed in Chicago after Halloween storm...
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutland View Post

See now you are contradicting yourself.

So a tiny thing is VITAL to life as we know it but is also at the same time is so inconsequential that it couldn't possibly influence temperature?
                  I do recall referring our excited punditti to numerous scientific studies in the last seven years

While he is correct in that we haven't pumped the earth's atmosphere with extreme levels of carbon dioxide to 'see what happens, that is probably a good thing - it's really what research laboratories are for....

\what we have done is measure the effect of sudden and massive volcanism, and its pretty well proven that injecting massive amounts of sulphur aerosols into the upper atmosphere produces - global cooling. In the short run, the economics of induced cooling- the 'global dimming 'effect, are much more favorable than large scale disruptions to the carbon fuel driven economic cycle -and dissipate within decades.

So I'm not overly worried, we can buy some time...
                  Perhaps Athena Volare can explain more thoroughly when she returns to our forums...

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I do recall referring our excited punditti to numerous scientific studies in the last seven years

While he is correct in that we haven't pumped the earth's atmosphere with extreme levels of carbon dioxide to 'see what happens, that is probably a good thing - it's really what research laboratories are for....

\what we have done is measure the effect of sudden and massive volcanism, and its pretty well proven that injecting massive amounts of sulphur aerosols into the upper atmosphere produces - global cooling. In the short run, the economics of induced cooling- the 'global dimming 'effect, are much more favorable than large scale disruptions to the carbon fuel driven economic cycle -and dissipate within decades.

So I'm not overly worried, we can buy some time...
                    Perhaps Athena Volare can explain more thoroughly when she returns to our forums...

You usually post links to scientific articles not research papers. That should be the first clue that something is wrong. Even If You do link to papers they are peer reviewed by the same cabal who for years defended the hockey stick press and suppressed outside researchers. What I ask you to do is go back and find the small print that says more or less, too complex for our current technology.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have a clue what the temperature will be in 50 years under any circumstances. I just don't think it is too much to ask that the tax payers take back the research. Demand that the process be completely transparent in keeping with scientific tradition and that a baseline temperature be established as a first requirement.

The beauty of the populist revolution is that while it is crude and full of errors those errors are all over Twitter. The elites never ever let their errors see the light of day.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

We're more likely to plunge back into another Ice Age/Glaciation than experience any above average "warming".
                      Those graphs have been debunked, they are blogger fodder. (Go to minute 7.30 on the link below)

Sorry

Comment

• Peter Hadfield is a journalist and he sounds good but we have heard it all before. If you are relying on Moore or Hatfield for your perspective you probably are not really interested in the topic.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          Peter Hadfield is a journalist and he sounds good but we have heard it all before. If you are relying on Moore or Hatfield for your perspective you probably are not really interested in the topic.
                          Hatdield is a geologist and more importantly posts his source from actual scientific work, Moore on the other hand take info from blogs.

If the deniers wanted to be taken seriously they would be more like Hadfield. But they know their audience; people who don't want to believe that we have a problem and use conspiracy theories, quacks scientists and generally just **** science as a comfort blanket,

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

You usually post links to scientific articles not research papers. That should be the first clue that something is wrong. Even If You do link to papers they are peer reviewed by the same cabal who for years defended the hockey stick press and suppressed outside researchers. What I ask you to do is go back and find the small print that says more or less, too complex for our current technology.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have a clue what the temperature will be in 50 years under any circumstances. I just don't think it is too much to ask that the tax payers take back the research. Demand that the process be completely transparent in keeping with scientific tradition and that a baseline temperature be established as a first requirement.

The beauty of the populist revolution is that while it is crude and full of errors those errors are all over Twitter. The elites never ever let their errors see the light of day.
                            since WHEN is the NOAA a 'popular article' site?
                            IF you haven't read THE SCIENTIFIC links that I posted in the last seven years, why should I repost what I already posted?

However, being the eternal optimist, here is a scientific study on the use of sulphate aerosol in the stratosphere for the fora's perusal.

https://www.easterbrook.ca/steve/201...enhouse-gases/
                            Last edited by marktwain; 01 Nov 19, 14:14.

Comment

So if current climate change, whether warming or cooling, is more anthropogenic(human caused) than the expression of billions of years of the Natural cycle ...

AND if it is driven mostly to entirely by the one part of CO2(Carbon Dioxide) transferring heat to the other 2,499 parts of other chemical molecules in the atmosphere: Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, etc.

THEN: if the "solution" is to reduce CO2 emissions, we should expect that the true-believers in the hypothesis of CO2 driven ACC/AGW will do the noble thing, sacrifice themselves for the better well being of their fellow humans and "the planet" by ceasing to exhale any more CO2/Carbon Dioxide. Were ALL "true believers" in ACC/AGW to do this noble act and live out their beliefs, we'd find that the "crisis" of "climate change" has ended.

well- THANK YOU, DOCTOR Jack Kevorkian....

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

well- THANK YOU, DOCTOR Jack Kevorkian....
                                That would be persons like you whom want to change our society, economy and industry to "zero carbon emissions" which would result in starvation and die-offs in the third world nations, then eventually here.

If you believe, act accordingly and I've shown you and others what that path would be. (BTW, there was partial in there but given the sort of push back I'm seeing, that path looks even more valid. Note that I'm suggesting voluntary while many of the fanatic true-believers in the hoax of ACC/AGW have been more fascist in how to deal with their idea of "skeptics and deniers". )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X