This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post

One also wonders how it took the inhabitants of those late stone age/early bronze age sea side cities and settlements that were drowned in the same sea level rise and whose submerged ruins lie off the modern coasts of Iberia, North Africa and India.
    We don't know that the inhabitants were drowned or if they fled / moved at this point. For example, the theorized Black Sea deluge might have wiped out settlements along the shore, or the people living in these fled before the flood and resettled elsewhere.

https://www.whoi.edu/oceanus/feature...t-so-big-flood

The point is, that climate change whatever the cause, will not have the dire, catastrophic, effects being claimed. Humanity will adjust to the changing conditions and adapt just as they always have. In particular, the use of climate change to push a Progressive agenda is nothing short of onerous and disingenuous. It is using a false crisis to for political gain.

Comment

• "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• What does that have to do with the environment and Gorebal Warming?

Comment

• the way i see it climate change doe exit and the result is extreme weather shifts and events, can anyone here not see that is what is happening when they look at the extreme weather events of the last 15 years .

Comment

• Originally posted by bill shack View Post
            the way i see it climate change doe exit and the result is extreme weather shifts and events, can anyone here not see that is what is happening when they look at the extreme weather events of the last 15 years .
            Natural (such has been occurring for about 4 billion years) or anthropogenic ?

Comment

• Burning Man Attendees RAGE After Bureau Of Land Management Blasts Festival's Environmental Impact

Career "Burners" or Burning Man attendees are raging over a Bureau of Land Management environmental impact report that accuses Burning Man of being a major environmental nuisance, and requests the weeklong festival in the Nevada desert take major measures to control trash, drug use, and crowds before expanding to accommodate more attendees.
              The report, released late last week, is more than 400 pages long and comes in response to a request from festival organizers to grow the event to 100,000 attendees by 2022.

In it, BLM accuses Burning Man of becoming lax in enforcing certain rules during the festival, and demands that Burning Man hire a security force to check vehicles entering and exiting the temporary "Black Rock City" where the festival is held for weapons, controlled substances, and other terror threats. It also demands that the "free spirits" of Burning Man pay for maintenance to a county road only they use, and that they bring in dumpsters so that attendees can dispose of trash in an environmentally safe way.

The report also says Burning Man will need to put a temporary barrier around the festival city to prevent objects from blowing off into the desert.

Burning Man oganizers and attendees are absolutely incensed at the thought of the Bureau of Land Management daring to question their "stellar" record of leaving the Black Rock Desert completely untouched. In a series of posts on websites like YourEDM and BoingBoing, attendees complained that BLM was being utterly unfair in cracking down on the week-long festival that prides itself on a "Leave No Trace" policy.
              https://www.dailywire.com/news/45664...aign=position6

And what about their "carbon emissions" and "carbon footprint" ... ??? ....

Comment

• Yea... Sure... Tens of thousands attend and they leave it just like they found it... Sure they do.

Leftist loonies at the XL Pipeline protest:

The Reading Festival... 150 tons of trash left

Bicycles left over from a burning man and abandoned (later cleaned up)

Burning Man trash

Comment

• Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                  the way i see it climate change doe exit and the result is extreme weather shifts and events, can anyone here not see that is what is happening when they look at the extreme weather events of the last 15 years .
                  Of course climate change exists. It's never been in question.
                  It has existed for millions of years, so no reason to assume it will stop now.

That said, there are differing beliefs regarding the effects of human activity.
                  For (say) the last 50 years or so, to what degree has it influenced the course of climate change?

Some believe the human influence on climate change has become, and continues to be, enormous; while other believe it has been and still is negligible.
                  Has that not been the question of the thread?

I've seen a lot of evidence (of varying quality) bandied about but it would seem to me that accurately measuring/evaluating the degree of human influence is - at the very least - difficult.

Many of the folks in this debate seem to lean strongly one way or the other. I think I'm rather closer to the "middle ground"; that is, I think human activity is having some effect (reason seems to tell me there must be some); but I don't think we are anywhere near being on the brink of catastrophe, as some are suggesting.
                  However, I think there ARE things we can do to be more environmentally responsible without dramatically changing the way we like to live.
                  "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                    Has that not been the question of the thread?
                    This thread seems to be more about how the question, and the answer, impacts US politics.

Otherwise I suspect most would agree with your assessment above, and it would not have gone on for 66 pages
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

This thread seems to be more about how the question, and the answer, impacts US politics.

Otherwise I suspect most would agree with your assessment above, and it would not have gone on for 66 pages
                      That's probably where I'm going wrong.
                      I'm choosing to see this as a global issue; not specific to the USA or any other single nation.
                      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                        That's probably where I'm going wrong.
                        I'm choosing to see this as a global issue; not specific to the USA or any other single nation.
                        Well someone at one point moved it into Current Events NA, or maybe it was born there idk.

But it is an indication

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• If you can't see how the U.S. is becoming the last bastion of resistance to the dystopian bureaucratic state you are not paying attention.

The real question concerns competency at a level beyond a reductionist perspective. If it were possible to reduce complex chaotic systems either climatic or political to controlled environments then it would be disingenuous to have the debate.

A biblical quote seems appropriate :-) " Pride Goeth before a fall"
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

That is the rub now isn't it? The problem for the Left is that they've adopted Gorebal Warming as a means to push their political agenda even when it has nothing to do with Gorebal Warming. For example, they reject nuclear as an alternative to getting rid of fossil fuel electric plants. If they were serious and not motivated politically, they'd accept that nuclear is a necessity and stop pushing just solar and wind as those two can never supply a modern country with the levels of power necessary to sustain it. That's one example.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              If you can't see how the U.S. is becoming the last bastion of resistance to the dystopian bureaucratic state you are not paying attention.
                              Dear God man - are you serious ?

I'm out of here - have fun

Comment

Dear God man - are you serious ?

I'm out of here - have fun
                                The EU has their Article 13 and 11 and China has their social credit system. The same people that applaud these dystopian measures are the people who would like to make questioning Global Warming a crime. If Clinton had been elected we would be well on our way to going down the same route.

I can't say that I understand the inner workings of how the radical left and the global corporatists ended up on the same side along with most of the bureaucratic states but that is what happened.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Working...
                                X