Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facts have a way of changing in science :-)
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

It's not an 'appeal' It's fact.
      That's not so. It's claims made on modelling. There are no facts involved. It's predictions based on partial current information and guesses about what will occur in the future. If the model is inaccurate the results are inaccurate. If the data used in the model is inaccurate, the results are inaccurate. Many of their "predictions" are based on other "predictions."

So far, their predictions have been for crap. They have a track record now going back more than 30 years of being wrong. Not just wrong, but in many cases badly wrong.

I'm not for a second buying their "This time we got it right..." when I could go to a psychic and get better guesses.

Comment

• My position is not penny more until they are completely transparent. I'm tired of a government you have to pry information out of with freedom of information law suits.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

That's not so. It's claims made on modelling. There are no facts involved. It's predictions based on partial current information and guesses about what will occur in the future. If the model is inaccurate the results are inaccurate. If the data used in the model is inaccurate, the results are inaccurate. Many of their "predictions" are based on other "predictions."

So far, their predictions have been for crap. They have a track record now going back more than 30 years of being wrong. Not just wrong, but in many cases badly wrong.

I'm not for a second buying their "This time we got it right..." when I could go to a psychic and get better guesses.
          Whether you're 'buying it' or not is irrelevant. That you are wrong is most telling in your refusal to actually evaluate the evidence in an almost 1600-page governmental report.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            My position is not penny more until they are completely transparent. I'm tired of a government you have to pry information out of with freedom of information law suits.
            What isn't 'transparent' (the new buzz word) about the report?
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Trump's errors on climate change:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartandhp

Comment

• Interesting opinion piece on climate change:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...icansk-denial/

Comment

• The report on climate change for those in denial:

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

Comment

• Nobodies in denial it just isn't reasonable to trust a bunch of activist "scientists". If one of these "scientists" came to you and told you need to put your 6 year old on hormone blockers would you just believe them. Are they "bad" people? Not really but it does look a lot like a moral panic. Intelligent people can get caught up in some pretty bad ideas such as prohibition.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Whether you're 'buying it' or not is irrelevant. That you are wrong is most telling in your refusal to actually evaluate the evidence in an almost 1600-page governmental report.
                      I've pointed out before in this thread several times that I've read much of it. It's 371 pages in pdf format. A lot of it is sort of irrelevant blather rather than something worth reading to begin with. I've pointed out specific quotes and objections I have to it. That's 100% more than you've done in that regard. All you've done is tell us, and me, that you believe it as gospel and that I don't know what I'm talking about without on scintilla of actual proof offered.

Comment

• A 1600 page document is reduced to 371 pages in pdf format? Post it then.

I would much rather err on the side of caution and be proven wrong than ignore it and have it happen. You and others who are climate change deniers are playing a very dangerous game, as is Trump.

Comment

• I was wrong... 477 pages...

https://science2017.globalchange.gov...FullReport.pdf

Comment

• That's only Volume I and the pages are normal size. So being a pdf does not appear to shorten the report. Get the rest of it and then make your 'conclusion' though I can already guess what it is whether you read it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              Facts have a way of changing in science :-)
                              Facts don't change. That is why they are facts.

When a totally right wing politician, well educated, and with an actual science degree, pointed out that AGW was an issue, it was the Left that initially complained. It was Margaret Thatcher that brought this subject to everyone's attention.

Then we have politics. It is clear that Kellyanne Conways alternative facts are believed in certain quarters. Alternative Facts are not Facts.

Margaret Thatcher was completely correct in this case.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

That's only Volume I and the pages are normal size. So being a pdf does not appear to shorten the report. Get the rest of it and then make your 'conclusion' though I can already guess what it is whether you read it or not.
                                Why? At least I have actually read most of that, unlike apparently you who keep claiming it's all true and accurate but never giving any examples like I've repeatedly already done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X