Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Environmentalism and Global Warming Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

    Thank you. I knew you were trying to denigrate me, but I just wasn't exactly sure of what you meant.

    Not a gorebot, liberal, or progressive. I simply do my best to follow the science. You should try it.
    No more than use of unspecified and inaccurate "denier" is denigrating to those of us whom don't buy into ACC/AGW.

    Your posts consistently lean towards and mimic the Regressive, Leftist, socialist/communist party lines, so since you pass the "duck test" ...

    As for "follow the science", I do such, data over opinions, and more so than you (see the "science" subforum here) such as with threads like this;
    Why Time Travel is Impossible
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

      Yet knowledge lights the path to intelligent debate.
      That's essentially what I'm doing. I look at both sides of something, particularly the side I disagree with to understand what the whole of the argument for and against is.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

        No more than use of unspecified and inaccurate "denier" is denigrating to those of us whom don't buy into ACC/AGW.

        Your posts consistently lean towards and mimic the Regressive, Leftist, socialist/communist party lines, so since you pass the "duck test" ...

        As for "follow the science", I do such, data over opinions, and more so than you (see the "science" subforum here) such as with threads like this;
        Why Time Travel is Impossible
        If you follow the science, why is it that you know so little about how it works? I think that YOU THINK, you follow the science but it is actually much in the same way as a religious zealot who believes everything the Ark Museum says is science. https://arkencounter.com/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

          Your words call to mind those of the wise Lady Katherine de Bourgh in "Pride and Prejudice."

          There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself or a better natural taste. If I had ever learnt [piano], I should have been a great proficient.
          Well, let's see... After getting off active duty I worked as an industrial electrician at a company in Tucson. The company's electrical engineer got so tired of me hammering him on his mistakes and omissions, he finally just told me to install stuff however I wanted and mark up the drawings for later revision.

          I did the same thing as a contractor for several years. The engineers got tired of my red lining their drawings left and right because of their mistakes. The guys I have now that I use just redraw and stamp off what I give them. I prefer that because then it's done right from the start.

          In the Navy Reserve I got into a position where I was being sent drawings by SubLant, SpaWar, and ComNavSurfPac just to get them revised and corrected so they could get stuff made. I was utterly harsh and mean to their engineers. More than one would stammer "Well, we had to put a spec on that..." In fact, I probably have some of the CD's with drawings on them lying about. I did hundreds of those for all sorts of "stuff." The difference was when I did them, you could make what resulted unlike with the originals where you couldn't.

          I also worked with and for a number of companies that did advanced materials research making machinery for them or installing their stuff. I found most of their engineers to be the same sort of educated idiots regularly... And I wasn't shy about telling them either.

          Anyway, for several decades I was the sort of practical, get-it-done, guy that had to make whatever I was handed work for real. That's a far cry from making it work on paper more often than not. From that background, I don't buy for a New York Second what's in that report for the most part.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

            Well, let's see... After getting off active duty I worked as an industrial electrician at a company in Tucson. The company's electrical engineer got so tired of me hammering him on his mistakes and omissions, he finally just told me to install stuff however I wanted and mark up the drawings for later revision.

            I did the same thing as a contractor for several years. The engineers got tired of my red lining their drawings left and right because of their mistakes. The guys I have now that I use just redraw and stamp off what I give them. I prefer that because then it's done right from the start.

            In the Navy Reserve I got into a position where I was being sent drawings by SubLant, SpaWar, and ComNavSurfPac just to get them revised and corrected so they could get stuff made. I was utterly harsh and mean to their engineers. More than one would stammer "Well, we had to put a spec on that..." In fact, I probably have some of the CD's with drawings on them lying about. I did hundreds of those for all sorts of "stuff." The difference was when I did them, you could make what resulted unlike with the originals where you couldn't.

            I also worked with and for a number of companies that did advanced materials research making machinery for them or installing their stuff. I found most of their engineers to be the same sort of educated idiots regularly... And I wasn't shy about telling them either.

            Anyway, for several decades I was the sort of practical, get-it-done, guy that had to make whatever I was handed work for real. That's a far cry from making it work on paper more often than not. From that background, I don't buy for a New York Second what's in that report for the most part.
            Impressive. However, nothing you mentioned gives you the scientific standing necessary to dispute climate change on an informed basis.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

              If you follow the science, why is it that you know so little about how it works? I think that YOU THINK, you follow the science but it is actually much in the same way as a religious zealot who believes everything the Ark Museum says is science. https://arkencounter.com/
              That kind of statements about another member would get you a ban on the science forums I belong to on any other topic. We are not here to discuss credentials.

              Protected dogma is a feature of a religion not science. Just as social justice has taken on the characteristics of religion so has global warming. That alone is enough reason to be highly critical of the current atmosphere surrounding the topic.

              The first step in correcting the atmosphere surrounding global warming would be for all the models to be made public or alternatively their findings deleted from the public discourse. Claims of intellectual property rights, especially from those receiving public funding, are unjustified as public policy is being made based on the models. That is especially true since those claiming property rights also claim their only interest is truth and public welfare. Hopefully lawsuits will force the release of these models.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                That kind of statements about another member would get you a ban on the science forums I belong to on any other topic. We are not here to discuss credentials.

                Protected dogma is a feature of a religion not science. Just as social justice has taken on the characteristics of religion so has global warming. That alone is enough reason to be highly critical of the current atmosphere surrounding the topic.

                The first step in correcting the atmosphere surrounding global warming would be for all the models to be made public or alternatively their findings deleted from the public discourse. Claims of intellectual property rights, especially from those receiving public funding, are unjustified as public policy is being made based on the models. That is especially true since those claiming property rights also claim their only interest is truth and public welfare. Hopefully lawsuits will force the release of these models.
                1. Chastisement noted and dismissed as the pompous rhetoric it is.
                2. Being critical of the current atmosphere is not the same as denying science.
                3. Censorship is the enemy of truth. The rest is evidently some sort of axe you want to grind.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

                  Impressive. However, nothing you mentioned gives you the scientific standing necessary to dispute climate change on an informed basis.
                  This is called an "Appeal to authority." Probably the best example of that in my life was the drubbing e-mail I sent John Moiser over his book The Blitzkrieg Myth. Moiser is an English professor at Loyola University. I was quite harsh and very specific in my pummeling of his book. This being a military history board first and foremost, you might have an appreciation for long time posters on those subjects.

                  Anyway, his response was he was a PhD and the book had been "peer reviewed." I mailed him back that I didn't care what sort of paper he had and his peers were idiots. His response was an appeal to authority, not one based on any sort of facts.

                  Either I'm relatively informed or not on the basis of my facts, posts, and argument. My background is meaningless to that. Just because you have a PhD doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Either I'm relatively informed or not on the basis of my facts, posts, and argument. My background is meaningless to that.
                    Agreed. For my part I find your "facts, posts, and argument" against human driven climate change unpersuasive. No, that is not entirely accurate. The do persuade me that you are a science denier root and stem.

                    Your background is meaningless in this context. I wonder why you burdened me with it in the first place?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

                      Agreed. For my part I find your "facts, posts, and argument" against human driven climate change unpersuasive. No, that is not entirely accurate. The do persuade me that you are a science denier root and stem.

                      Your background is meaningless in this context. I wonder why you burdened me with it in the first place?
                      Well, throwing back an ad hominem as a response is to give me no response. So...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

                        Impressive. However, nothing you mentioned gives you the scientific standing necessary to dispute climate change on an informed basis.
                        Natural? or anthropogenic?



                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

                          So you would rather see the world's AVERAGE climates on a cooling trend towards another Ice Age?

                          You want to reduce CO2 levels blow that needed to barely sustain 99+% of Earth's biomass?

                          Why are you so against Life on this planet?

                          Please note I've objected to the false science and political/ideology agenda of ACC/AGW from long before DJT became POTUS. ( As suggested, go back to the first page and posts here from nearly four years ago, not to mention the many other related threads on this forum.)

                          Meanwhile, how's it working out being one of Hillary Clinton's flying monkeys?

                          What I am in support of is stopping or retarding climate change which may injure the environment beyond repair. And I support the government's report which is current and was put together by 300 scientists who work for the government. It is also the report of the Trump administration without Trump's support. He is not a scientist, and by his actions is not an intelligent person nor has he much common sense. The US should readopt the Paris Accords and work on the environment,

                          This new report supercedes what has gone before and is current.

                          Your silly ad hominem comments are noted and they coincide with your junk science comments.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Massena View Post

                            What I am in support of is stopping or retarding climate change which may injure the environment beyond repair. And I support the government's report which is current and was put together by 300 scientists who work for the government. It is also the report of the Trump administration without Trump's support. He is not a scientist, and by his actions is not an intelligent person nor has he much common sense. The US should readopt the Paris Accords and work on the environment,

                            This new report supercedes what has gone before and is current.

                            Your silly ad hominem comments are noted and they coincide with your junk science comments.
                            One only has to look at the scientific facts about the biology of plant life and the last ice age, something the worshipers of the church of Global Warming continue to ignore, what an environmental disaster those people are proposing. The last ice age nearly did in the human race doe to plant life suffering from the cold and a lack of CO2 in the atmosphere, the critical molecule all plants need in order to survive and grow. A massive volcanic event, such as the now due Yellowstone Caldera eruption, would destroy much of the United States and plunge the world into a mass extinction event due to catastrophic global cooling.
                            https://www.vox.com/2014/9/5/6108169...lcano-eruption

                            Call it junk science all you want. Until the facts are there to back up the constant crying of wolf, the Global Warning reports is just another panic the public report based upon junk science.
                            “Breaking News,”

                            “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                            Comment


                            • The facts have been presented in the new report.

                              However, this is alarming:

                              https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartandhp

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Massena View Post
                                The facts have been presented in the new report.

                                However, this is alarming:

                                https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartandhp
                                There it is. The real reason for the report you have posted. How Trump Is Ensuring That Greenhouse Gas Emissions Will Rise

                                Even though that is not what he said to the reporter.
                                “Breaking News,”

                                “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X