This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Likewise there is no convincing data, evidence or "reproducing experiments" showing slightly increased (human caused)CO2 levels are the major or sole cause.
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu
      Good quote, but I do not view climate deniers as enemies, nor should I.

Comment

Point missed by you and many other gorebots posting here is that as citizens, voters, and taxpayers we have vested interests in wanting to know those we elect to office have a clue on what they are funding(with our money) and those whom are guv'mint employees are really looking out for best interests of this nation rather than putting in time collecting a paycheck, benefits, and racking up points for retirement.

Meanwhile, both you and Massena come across as the sort whom would mix ammonia with bleach to make a better cleaning solution.
        Irrelevant rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

Read it as know your opponent / opposition and know yourself and you need not fear the results of a hundred debates.

Comment

No. I believe my informed opinion has just as much validity as their informed opinion. I've worked around and with enough engineers and scientists to know the bulk of them are no better informed or capable at what they do than I would be in many cases.
            Your words call to mind those of the wise Lady Katherine de Bourgh in "Pride and Prejudice."

There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself or a better natural taste. If I had ever learnt [piano], I should have been a great proficient.

Comment

Read it as know your opponent / opposition and know yourself and you need not fear the results of a hundred debates.
              Yet knowledge lights the path to intelligent debate.

Comment

Repeatedly you, Massena,, and many others here blur the dialogue via imprecise language and terms.

We whom you gorebots call "deniers" or "skeptics" do believe the data over four billion years shows that NATURAL Climate is always in flux; is either cooling towards an Ice Age or warming away from such, it isn't like a thermostat that could be set and locked to a perpetual narrow range; hence our objections are how much the human factor is and the premature options of solutions suggested for a problem yet to be proven is real or can be/needs to be "fixed".

In terms you may understand, using a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail;
                QUESTION:
                What is the ground-speed of a swallow?
                ANSWER:
                African or European?

In the case of "climate change" and/or "global warming", without pre-qualifier of "Natural" or "Anthropogenic"(human-caused), many of us have to assume this omission is either reflective of gross ignorance of the subject or intentional effort to blur, obfuscate, distort and propagandize the discussion/topic. I'm leaning towards the latter is what applies.

Comment

Repeatedly you, Massena,, and many others here blur the dialogue via imprecise language and terms.

We whom you gorebots call "deniers" or "skeptics" do believe the data over four billion years shows that NATURAL Climate is always in flux; is either cooling towards an Ice Age or warming away from such, it isn't like a thermostat that could be set and locked to a perpetual narrow range; hence our objections are how much the human factor is and the premature options of solutions suggested for a problem yet to be proven is real or can be/needs to be "fixed".

In terms you may understand, using a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail;
                  QUESTION:
                  What is the ground-speed of a swallow?
                  ANSWER:
                  African or European?

In the case of "climate change" and/or "global warming", without pre-qualifier of "Natural" or "Anthropogenic"(human-caused), many of us have to assume this omission is either reflective of gross ignorance of the subject or intentional effort to blur, obfuscate, distort and propagandize the discussion/topic. I'm leaning towards the latter is what applies.
                  What is a "gorebot?"

Comment

Irrelevant rant.
                    Totally relevant and insight into motivations, agenda, and shortcomings.

Comment

What is a "gorebot?"
                      Blind follower of the great scientist Al Gore and his "Earth has a fever and is burning up" delusions.

Comment

Totally relevant and insight into motivations, agenda, and shortcomings.
                        To you maybe, but irrelevant to me.

Comment

To you maybe, but irrelevant to me.
                          Same as real data, reproducible laboratory experiments and fundamental grasp on science and math, which all appear to be irrelevant to you also.

Comment

Blind follower of the great scientist Al Gore and his "Earth has a fever and is burning up" delusions.
                            Thank you. I knew you were trying to denigrate me, but I just wasn't exactly sure of what you meant.

Not a gorebot, liberal, or progressive. I simply do my best to follow the science. You should try it.

Comment

Same as real data, reproducible laboratory experiments and fundamental grasp on science and math, which all appear to be irrelevant to you also.
                              OK.

Comment

• If we have had weather like we had in the Summer of 1988 for just about every year since, then I might be led to believe that the Earth is warming up and it just might be the fault of the human race in the US.

Facts;

We have NOT had such hot weather since that year when we had nearly a month of near 100*F that year. I fact, the 90*+ days have been fewer and fewer the past several years. Likewise, we should have been having weeks of weather in the 60s in January and February. That has not happened.

Calling this early snowstorm that dumped heavy wet snow along with the coldest Thanksgiving weekend in a long time a one time event is just a denial by the Global Warming alarmist that they might just be wrong.

So, continue on pushing and panicking the "Sheep." until you get your way of forcing everyone on the Earth to surrender their freedom to live in the commune of the Sustainable Society, A place with no heat, air conditioning, or electricity. A place where your existence is determined by your worth to The Collective. Then, continue to mandate ways to reduce CO2 and induce cooling through spraying toxic sulfur compounds into the Stratosphere, eliminating ruminants which are cows, sheep, goats, deer, Place CO2 scrubbers everywhere, kill off the biggest nature induced CO2 producers which are termites and decay bacteria, and force everyone to wear CO2 scrubbing masks. Some 200 years into the future as the Earth enters another ice age, people and wild animals will be starving as plants worldwide start dying off due to the cold and a lack of CO2 that is needed for photosynthesis.

Aside from protests by Al Gore, Leonardo Di Caprio and friends, the public didn’t seem to raise its CO2 anguish much above the Russians-election frenzy when Trump exited the Paris Climate Accords.

Statistician Bjorn Lomborg had already pointed out that the Paris CO2 emission promises would cost $100 trillion dollars that no one has, and make only a 0.05 degree difference in Earth’s 2100 AD temperature. Others say perhaps a 0.2 degree C (0.3 degrees F) difference, and even that would hold only in the highly unlikely event that all parties actually kept their voluntary pledges.

What few realize, however, is that during the last Ice Age too little CO2 in the air almost eradicated mankind. That’s when much-colder water in oceans (that were 400 feet shallower than today) sucked most of the carbon dioxide from the air; half of North America, Europe and Asia were buried under mile-high glaciers that obliterated everything in their paths; and bitterly cold temperatures further retarded plant growth.

In fact, Earth’s atmosphere had only about 180 parts per million CO2, compared to today’s 400 ppm: 0.018% then versus 0.040% today.
                                https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/...oo-little-co2/
                                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X