X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Komrade,
    Before spreading more fake science, try reading the past 40+ pages of posts so you are more informed on the flow of discussion here, would save reinventing the wheel, as they say.

Note that water vapor is cyclic, as some precipitates others are evaporating. Major drivers of climate change appear to be the Milankovitch Cycle and varied Solar output.

History of past 4 billion years also suggests other factors than recent human activity;
    1. Don't call me Komrade. I am old enough to be offended by such accusations.
    2. What makes you think you know more about climate science than actual climate scientists?

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      It looks like the models grossly exaggerate the warming, they keep coming up with explanations as to why their predictions were so far off.
      Either way I don't really care because I think you can make a moral case for fossil fuels.
      1. Perhaps you can do more than opine about why you think "the models grossly exaggerate the warming."
      2. Then, explain your "moral case for fossil fuels?"
      Last edited by JustAGuy; 26 Nov 18, 11:18.

Comment

• The Fourth National Climate Assessment is a government document completed by the Trump administration. Perhaps all of us should pay attention to the warnings as climate change is an actual event. Seems to me that the climate change deniers are the people that are wrong.

https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=F...ment&FORM=EWRE
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Here is more information with which to inform OPINIONS about Climate Change and Its Causes.

USGCRP, 2017: Climate Science Special Report: Fourth National Climate Assessment, Volume I [Wuebbles, D.J., D.W. Fahey, K.A. Hibbard, D.J. Dokken, B.C. Stewart, and T.K. Maycock (eds.)]. U.S. Global Change Research Program, Washington, DC, USA, 470 pp.

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

"Many lines of evidence demonstrate that it is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. Over the last century, there are no convincing alternative explanations supported by the extent of the observational evidence. Solar output changes and internal natural variability can only contribute marginally to the observed changes in climate over the last century, and there is no convincing evidence for natural cycles in the observational record that could explain the observed changes in climate. (Very high confidence) (Ch. 1)"

Comment

• More on the administration's climate report:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...cid=spartandhp
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Did Trump bury the administration's climate report-not only on a Friday, but a Friday of a long weekend of a major US holiday?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/polit...nge/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                Did Trump bury the administration's climate report-not only on a Friday, but a Friday of a long weekend of a major US holiday?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/polit...nge/index.html
                Question. What happened to all the Deniers?

Comment

• Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post

Question. What happened to all the Deniers?
                  I have no idea. I thought that there would be a flood of deniers supporting the denier-in-chief on this subject.

Comment

I have no idea. I thought that there would be a flood of deniers supporting the denier-in-chief on this subject.
                    It's called real world priorities, which over-ride internet play time. Don't worry, I and others will be here when time and energy allows. Meanwhile, in the false logic and loonie thinking of the gorebots of ACC/AGW hypothesis, this is obvious signs of "Gorebal Warming":

UPDATE: Historic Snowstorm Blankets Chicago, Leaving Hundreds Of Thousands Without Power...

Worst since 1975...

Lake Michigan waves 18 feet high?

6,000 flights canceled or delayed...

Passengers Stranded On AMTRAK Train; 'Toilets Unflushable'...

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

It's called real world priorities, which over-ride internet play time. Don't worry, I and others will be here when time and energy allows. Meanwhile, in the false logic and loonie thinking of the gorebots of ACC/AGW hypothesis, this is obvious signs of "Gorebal Warming":

UPDATE: Historic Snowstorm Blankets Chicago, Leaving Hundreds Of Thousands Without Power...

Worst since 1975...

It was the US government's own scientists along with at least 11 government agencies that contributed to the report. If you're still denying that climate change is an actual phenomenon, then it can only be that way because you support Trump and all that he says and does or fails to do. And he has already been shown multiple times to be a liar, first class and only interested in himself and how much money he can collect.

Comment

Worst since 1975...

You're doing the same thing the fool-in-chief is doing-confusing weather with climate change. They are not the same thing.

Comment

While not a "denier," except in the twisted, insane view of Leftist environmentalists and followers of the false prophet AlGore, I don't buy the report's findings for a New York second. They trot out all the same old tired lines and phrases Gorebal Warming has used for decades, none of which have come to pass. It's like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Massive sea level rise when it's gone up less than 6" and less than 4" in other places in the last 150 years or so. (They claim 7 to 8...)
                          "Climate refugees" by the millions when there's never been any.
                          The economy will suffer even as it hasn't through previous similar predictions.
                          The call for more solar, wind, and battery cars even as each of these is proving an economic disaster and fail.
                          Not a peep about using nuclear.
                          Every natural disaster is caused by Gorebal Warming when it can be demonstrated most of these are just the normal course of things and much of the "disaster" is simply the result of population growth that results in greater property destruction.

https://science2017.globalchange.gov...FullReport.pdf

I do agree with them that urban heat island effect is a serious problem. But, they ignore that increasing use of PV solar will only greatly intensify that problem, not solve it.

For instance, their conclusions on pages 19 to 22, as one example, are rated as basically SWAGPOOYA. (see the table on pg 7)

You can go through the whole report if you like, all 477 pages of it. But, it is mostly just a rehash of what the Gorebal Warming crowd have been crying for decades even as their predictions don't pan out.

So, I'm not buying the anthropogenic CO2 argument they keep trotting out. When they can show that their modelling and predictions have some correlation to actual outcomes, maybe I'll start paying attention to them. In the meantime, the climate changes and climate scientists don't know why with any certainty. That's my view.

Comment

• Whether you 'buy it' or not is irrelevant. It's just an opinion after all. The authors of the government report have studied and understand the science. You obviously do not.

Comment

Whether you 'buy it' or not is irrelevant. It's just an opinion after all. The authors of the government report have studied and understand the science. You obviously do not.
                              At least I make a cognitive argument to support my position. All you do is parrot a report you haven't bothered to even read and say it's true. You might as well be a bible thumping Christian trying to sell me that religion.

Comment

It was the US government's own scientists along with at least 11 government agencies that contributed to the report. If you're still denying that climate change is an actual phenomenon, then it can only be that way because you support Trump and all that he says and does or fails to do. And he has already been shown multiple times to be a liar, first class and only interested in himself and how much money he can collect.
                                This thread started nearly four years ago and there are scores to hundreds of post from those of us whom "deny" that CO2 is a current and primary driver of "climate change". We can go thru and dig such out and repeat, or you deluded gorebots could do some homework.
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X