Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Environmentalism and Global Warming Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bill shack View Post

    Please show me a century that was higher
    You forgot about this chart presented a few pages back in post #497, showing the range of CO2 and Temperatures from about the time this planet was formed, basically from point of hydrosphere formation onward. Note that depending on where one wants to peg "normal" climate, the climate does fluxuate above and below a given norm and levels of CO2 show no direct influence or effect on temperature, though it my be that temperature may affect CO2 levels.

    Quite a few centuries(millennia) shown here where temps are much higher and CO2 much lower than seen in last couple of centuries.

    http://www.biocab.org/Carbon_Dioxide...Timescale.html

    Comment


    • Meanwhile, the reality that can't be ignored.
      https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/722971...sert-giraffes/

      Warmest last four years on record? Where? Certainly not in Michigan where it has been nowhere near the Summer of 88 when we had weeks of record highs approaching 100*F along with crippling drought before the monsoon like rains hit in August with temperatures in the 90s and high stifling humidity.

      The Global Warming, Climate Change agenda of the far left has only one purpose, to so panic the public that they will willingly give up their freedom for the perceived security of the slavery of the New World Order.
      “Breaking News,”

      “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bill shack View Post

        Please show me a century that was higher
        Medieval warm period, Holocene,

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
          Meanwhile, the reality that can't be ignored.
          https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/722971...sert-giraffes/

          Warmest last four years on record? Where? Certainly not in Michigan where it has been nowhere near the Summer of 88 when we had weeks of record highs approaching 100*F along with crippling drought before the monsoon like rains hit in August with temperatures in the 90s and high stifling humidity.

          The Global Warming, Climate Change agenda of the far left has only one purpose, to so panic the public that they will willingly give up their freedom for the perceived security of the slavery of the New World Order.
          One way of putting it ...
          ... another is using "scare tactics" on a "science ignorant" public to advance a political agenda that has no basis or foundation upon REAL Science to further the (internal)destruction of Western Civilization; a.k.a. Free Enterprise and proportional rewards economics in favor of another "socialist" scheme of wealth plunder from the Producers to the Non-Producers(deadwood) of society.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

            You forgot about this chart presented a few pages back in post #497, showing the range of CO2 and Temperatures from about the time this planet was formed, basically from point of hydrosphere formation onward. Note that depending on where one wants to peg "normal" climate, the climate does fluxuate above and below a given norm and levels of CO2 show no direct influence or effect on temperature, though it my be that temperature may affect CO2 levels.

            Quite a few centuries(millennia) shown here where temps are much higher and CO2 much lower than seen in last couple of centuries.

            http://www.biocab.org/Carbon_Dioxide...Timescale.html

            That was millions of years ago hen there were so many volcanoes pumping co2 in to the atmosphere. the same thing will happen here if we do not wake up .

            Comment


            • Your man nasif nahle is not a scientist rather a junk writer
              Before I went away, I stumbled on a paper by a one Professor Nasif Nahle, which claims to contradict the general accepted theory that Carbon dioxide is a potent greenhouse gas. Naturally the deniers lapped it up, like a fish swallows a worm without even thinking (then again, thinking or reading has never exactly being they’re strongest point).

              However it actually exposes how the dishonest nature of the denial machine works, the very limited technical knowledge of most deniers and how they are increasingly become a cargo cult, trapped in an echo chamber of anti-intellectual delusion.

              First thing that tripped me off was a lack of any reference to his alleged “peer reviewed” paper on Science direct.com. This is a clearing house for scientific papers online, often the first port of call for genuine academics like myself. A lack of mention on science direct does imply this paper has not been subject to proper peer review.
              https://daryanenergyblog.wordpress.c...-denial-works/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bill shack View Post

                That was millions of years ago hen there were so many volcanoes pumping co2 in to the atmosphere. the same thing will happen here if we do not wake up .
                Deflection! ....

                I'm still waiting for you (or others) to show how the one part of CO2 transfers heat to the other 2,499 parts of the atmosphere. ....
                Then there is the issues of how this applies to the Surface in terms of land and ocean/sea heat "retention", or not .... ???

                Meanwhile, what and how in your lifestyle are you reducing your own CO2 emissions???

                Comment


                • I drive a sub compact, i plant trees, i recycle, i minimize waste , i reuse and repurpose, I heat my cottage with wood that i put up myself no bs, i put up a cord last weekend with chainsaw and axes arms and leg. no motorized vehicles.

                  Comment


                  • The story of global warming is you find what you are looking for.

                    The story of science is often finding what you were not looking for.

                    We hunt the hunters

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                      I drive a sub compact, i plant trees, i recycle, i minimize waste , i reuse and repurpose, I heat my cottage with wood that i put up myself no bs, i put up a cord last weekend with chainsaw and axes arms and leg. no motorized vehicles.
                      I know people like that who make up for it and more by taking a single flight on commercial airlines. Then there is the whole internet structure that uses huge amounts of energy.

                      ​​​​​​Wood smoke has more carcinogens than fossil fuels, many cities have regulated the use of fireplaces.

                      Simple solutions to complex problems are suspect.
                      We hunt the hunters

                      Comment


                      • I could really care less on a personal level. We've far exceeded the point where pollution in the US is a serious problem relative to the costs of cleaning up what remains of it. That is, we are now paying massive amounts to remove miniscule amounts of pollution. Two examples:

                        The Clinton administration EPA changed the allowable arsenic in drinking water from 25 ppb to 10 ppb. The reason for the change was primarily because now we had the means to accurately measure 10 ppb. Otherwise the change was insignificant. At 25 ppm... a thousand times the old standard... arsenic is dangerous. Over 20 or 30 years it can cause major health problems.
                        But, at 25 ppb it is not going to cause health issues except in extremely rare cases.
                        What this rule did was double to triple the cost of drinking water for tens of millions of Americans who get their water from wells, particularly in the Western US. So, it put a major economic hurt on tens of millions of Americans and did nothing to make their drinking water safer.

                        Or, the Obama administration EPA trying to reduce ozone pollution from 75 ppb to 70 ppb. To do this it was estimated that it would cost $100 billion a year. The EPA justified this by claiming that 35,000 asthma related deaths would not occur. They made the numbers fit the cost. A 5 ppb reduction in ozone is literally NOTHING! But, the EPA wanted to reduce remaining ozone pollution.

                        Yet, in countries like China or India they could reduce massive amounts of pollution, thousands of tons, for a fraction of that cost as they have next to no pollution controls on anything.

                        The "do something" mentality coupled with a "zero tolerance" policy is economically disastrous.

                        I suggest you read:

                        Comment


                        • Here's another scientist whom applies reason and rational thought to what has become some form of superstition and fanaticism by those intending to "do good" for Earth/Mother Nature/Gaia ...

                          Steve Goreham, MS/EE, MBA
                          ...
                          Steve Goreham is an informative and engaging speaker, delivering compelling and provocative programs to businesses, universities, and diverse organizations. Steve is an independent scholar, researcher, and futurist in the fields of energy and environmental policy, as well as a former engineer and business executive with 30 years of experience at Fortune 100 and private companies. He’s Executive Director of the Climate Science Coalition of America, an independent, non-political association of scientists and concerned citizens focused on informing Americans about the realities of climate science and energy economics.
                          ...
                          Steve presents a fresh viewpoint on environmental, economic, energy, climate, and public policy topics in a down-to-earth style that all can understand, and with stories and humor that all will enjoy. Ask him to customize a program for the needs of your organization.
                          ....
                          http://www.stevegoreham.com/
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Outside the Green Box: Rethinking Sustainable Development
                          http://www.stevegoreham.com/books/#outsidegreenbox
                          ..................

                          Climatism! Science, Common Sense, and the 21st Century’s Hottest Topic
                          http://www.stevegoreham.com/books/#climatism
                          ...................

                          The Mad, Mad, Mad World of Climatism: Mankind and Climate Change Mania
                          http://www.stevegoreham.com/books/#madmadmad


                          Comment


                          • A new report on climate change...

                            https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartandhp
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment


                            • Too bad the predictions of the IPCC, the agency cited in the article, have been nearly 100% wrong to date. I'd get better predictions from a psychic or palm reader than the IPCC. Why the hell would I believe what they have to say?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                Too bad the predictions of the IPCC, the agency cited in the article, have been nearly 100% wrong to date. I'd get better predictions from a psychic or palm reader than the IPCC. Why the hell would I believe what they have to say?
                                Wrong to date?

                                http://www.ipcc.ch/report/sr15/

                                Scientist involved with just chapter 1:

                                Coordinating Lead Authors: Myles Allen (UK), Opha Pauline Dube (Botswana), William Solecki (USA)

                                Lead Authors: Fernando Aragón–Durand (Mexico), Wolfgang Cramer (France/Germany), Stephen Humphreys (UK/Ireland), Mikiko Kainuma (Japan), Jatin Kala (Australia), Natalie Mahowald (USA), Yacob Mulugetta (UK/Ethiopia), Rosa Perez (Philippines), Morgan Wairiu (Solomon Islands), Kirsten Zickfeld (Canada)

                                Contributing Authors: Purnamita Dasgupta (India), Haile Eakin (USA), Bronwyn Hayward (New Zealand), Diana Liverman (USA/UK), Richard Millar (UK), Graciela Raga (Argentina), Aurélien Ribes (France), Mark Richardson (USA/UK), Maisa Rojas (Chile), Roland Séférian (France), Sonia Seneviratne (Switzerland), Christopher Smith (UK), Will Steffen (Australia), Peter Thorne (Ireland/UK)

                                Review Editors: Ismail Elgizouli Idris (Sudan), Andreas Fischlin (Switzerland), Xuejie Gao (China)

                                Chapter Scientist: Richard Millar (UK)
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X