Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Viral Climate Change Video Was Smeared as Fake News. Here Are the Facts.
    Here is my point-by-point rebuttal to Dana Nuccitelli’s claims in the British newspaper based on my video, which has attracted more than 8 million views and 139,000 shares on Facebook. The video has so alarmed climate activists that they’re using it to pressure Facebook to ban “climate deniers.”

Claim: “Basically, [Marc Morano’s] critique is that the study sample size was too small to make a conclusive determination about the level of expert consensus. That’s a valid point … ”

Response: So Nuccitelli admits my point about “77 anonymous” scientists making up the alleged 97 percent consensus is “a valid point.” Good. Let’s move on.
    Response: Climate Depot, the website I founded, has covered and debunked the claims of these so-called “consensus” studies, which were a rehash of the same claims but packaged together to appear comprehensive. Chapter 3 of my book, “The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change,” is devoted to debunking the 97 percent claims.

As I have detailed before: These claims “really confirm that it is easier to get papers published if they support the narrative of man-made global warming.”

Responding to these “consensus” surveys, I told the Media Research Center: “These types of ‘consensus’ surveys are meant to provide talking points to politicians and the media in order to crush dissenting voices and ban skeptics from the mainstream media. It frees the climate crisis promoter from having to research any scientific points and instead allows them to say, ‘90 percent of scientists agree. Case closed!’”

Nuccitelli, as seen here and here, has a history of skewing climate science to fit his political narrative.
    Response: Here are Tol’s own words on Cook’s claim of 97 percent consensus, and readers can judge whether I accurately quoted him:
    The 97 percent estimate is bandied about by basically everybody. I had a close look at what this study really did. As far as I can see, the estimate just crumbles when you touch it. None of the statements in the papers [is] supported by the data that’s in the paper. The 97 percent is essentially pulled from thin air, it is not based on any credible research whatsoever.

Tol continued to be unimpressed with Cook’s claims even after his follow-up paper published in 2014. In 2015, Tol again ripped Cook’s continued claims of a 97 percent consensus. “Cook’s analysis is a load of old bollocks,” he wrote.
    Response: First off, citing PolitiFact as a climate science authority is beyond the pale, even for The Guardian. Second, the media has been forced to admit that “hottest year” claims are statistical noise.

In 2015, the Associated Press issued a “clarification,” stating in part:
    The story also reported that 2014 was the hottest year on record, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA, but did not include the caveat that other recent years had average temperatures that were almost as high—and they all fall within a margin of error that lessens the certainty that any one of the years was the hottest.

“Hottest year” claims are purely political statements designed to persuade the public that the government needs to take action on man-made climate change.

In Chapter 7, my book deals with “hottest year” claims and their statistical significance.
    Response: The claim here is that carbon dioxide can have a warming impact on the atmosphere, but this does not mean CO2 is the control knob of the climate.

Philip Stott, University of London’s professor emeritus of biogeography, rebuts the notion that carbon dioxide is the main climate change driver, writing:
    As I have said, over and over again, the fundamental point has always been this: Climate change is governed by hundreds of factors, or variables, and the very idea that we can manage climate change predictably by understanding and manipulating at the margins one politically selected factor (CO2), is as misguided as it gets.

Climate is the most complex coupled nonlinear chaotic system known to man. Of course, there are human influences in it, nobody denies that. But what outcome will they get by fiddling with one variable (CO2) at the margins? I’m sorry, it’s scientific nonsense.

Atmospheric scientist Hendrik Tennekes, a pioneer in development of numerical weather prediction and former director of research at the Netherlands’ Royal National Meteorological Institute, has declared (as quoted in my book): “I protest vigorously the idea that the climate reacts like a home heating system to a changed setting of the thermostat: just turn the dial, and the desired temperature will soon be reached.”
    Response: Nobel Prize-winning physicist Ivar Giaever points out that “.8 degrees is what we’re discussing in global warming. [Just] .8 degrees. If you ask people in general what it is, they think—it’s 4 or 5 degrees. They don’t know it is so little.”

Climatologist Pat Michaels explained that in any case the world’s temperature “should be near the top of the record given the record only begins in the late 19th century when the surface temperature was still reverberating from the Little Ice Age.”

“We are creating great anxiety without it being justified … there are no indications that the warming is so severe that we need to panic,” award-winning climate scientist Lennart Bengtsson said. “The warming we have had the last 100 years is so small that if we didn’t have meteorologists and climatologists to measure it we wouldn’t have noticed it at all.”
    Response: As Spencer wrote, “There is no fingerprint of human-caused versus naturally-caused climate change … To claim the changes are ‘unprecedented’ cannot be demonstrated with reliable data, and are contradicted by some published paleoclimate data which suggests most centuries experience substantial warming or cooling.”

Richard Lindzen, an MIT climate scientist, said that believing CO2 controls the climate “is pretty close to believing in magic.” Climate Depot revealed the real way they find the “fingerprint” of CO2.
    Other prominent scientists reject carbon dioxide fears.

Ivy League geologist Robert Giegengack, former chairman of the Department of Earth and Environmental Science at the University of Pennsylvania, spoke out against fears of rising CO2 impacts promoted by Al Gore and others. Giegengack noted that “for most of Earth’s history, the globe has been warmer than it has been for the last 200 years. It has rarely been cooler.”

He explained:
    [Gore] claims that temperature increases solely because more CO2 in the atmosphere traps the sun’s heat. That’s just wrong … It’s a natural interplay. As temperature rises, CO2 rises, and vice versa. … It’s hard for us to say that CO2 drives temperature. It’s easier to say temperature drives CO2.

In 2014, Giegengack told Climate Depot: “The Earth has experienced very few periods when CO2 was lower than it is today.”
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/08/...pRZHY2ak5vdyJ9
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Running with the Enviro. part of this thread ....

The Water Crises Aren’t Coming—They’re Here

For eons, the earth has had the same amount of water—no more, no less. What the ancient Romans used for crops and Nefertiti drank? It’s the same stuff we bathe with. Yet with more than seven billion people on the planet, experts now worry we’re running out of usable water. The symptoms are here: multiyear droughts, large-scale crop failures, a major city—Cape Town—on the verge of going dry, increasing outbreaks of violence, fears of full-scale water wars. The big question: How do we keep the H20 flowing?
      https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...-water-crisis/

Comment

• In 2014, Giegengack told Climate Depot: “The Earth has experienced very few periods when CO2 was lower than it is today.”

More fake news, here is
        the truth from a reliable source https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/

Comment

• And, in the meantime, the Gorebal Warming bunch ignore these because they don't fit the agenda.

http://www.lakestreetconsulting.co.uk/contrails/

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...d%20Cirrus.pdf

Even NASA, your source for CO2 data, says they're a big issue.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley...04/04-140.html

They also track very closely to the increases in temperature we're seeing in the last few decades. So, why the focus on CO2 when there is an easy fix for an alternative explanation that if proven as the cause by its elimination, ends the CO2 issue and rids us of the Gorebal Warming agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill shack View Post
            In 2014, Giegengack told Climate Depot: “The Earth has experienced very few periods when CO2 was lower than it is today.”

More fake news, here is
            the truth from a reliable source https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxide/
            Meanwhile "duffs" such as you fail to register the post #497 here which shows from 4 BILLION years ago that CO2 and Temperature have little linkage; other than maybe temp drives the CO2 levels ...

Comment

• The past four years have been the hottest on record, but new research shows the Earth was actually in a global warming "hiatus" that is about to end. And when it does, natural factors are likely to help an already warming planet get even hotter over the next four years, according to a new forecasting model.
              Rising CO2 levels have caused the temperature of the planet to rise, said lead author of the Nature Communications paper, Florian Sevellec, a professor of ocean and Earth science at the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom and a scientist at France's National Centre for Scientific Research.

Records show 2017 marked the 41st consecutive year with global temperatures at least marginally above the 20th century average, with 2016 being the record-holder. And it's likely that global temperatures in 2018 will be another one for the record books.
              http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/wa...2022-1.4784746

Comment

• California just passed a bill on Tuesday that would require the state to use 100-percent reusable energy by the year 2045. No more fossil fuels.

First stage of the legislation will compel Electric utilities to use renewable sources for 60-percent of their power by 2030.

Sometimes I wonder if California voters even read what they are voting for. This will definitely put much hardship on CA taxpayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
                  California just passed a bill on Tuesday that would require the state to use 100-percent reusable energy by the year 2045. No more fossil fuels.

First stage of the legislation will compel Electric utilities to use renewable sources for 60-percent of their power by 2030.

Sometimes I wonder if California voters even read what they are voting for. This will definitely put much hardship on CA taxpayers.
                  Well, that's the end of California... When electricity hits about $.50 a KWH and there are regular brown and blackouts everybody will leave. California will have to import most of its power from neighboring states.

Comment

The past four years have been the hottest on record, but new research shows the Earth was actually in a global warming "hiatus" that is about to end. And when it does, natural factors are likely to help an already warming planet get even hotter over the next four years, according to a new forecasting model.
                    Rising CO2 levels have caused the temperature of the planet to rise, said lead author of the Nature Communications paper, Florian Sevellec, a professor of ocean and Earth science at the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom and a scientist at France's National Centre for Scientific Research.

Records show 2017 marked the 41st consecutive year with global temperatures at least marginally above the 20th century average, with 2016 being the record-holder. And it's likely that global temperatures in 2018 will be another one for the record books.
                    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/wa...2022-1.4784746
                    Not holding my breath on that. The Gorebal Warming crowd has been just shy of 100% wrong on their predictions for future warming and other effects of climate change. I doubt they suddenly got it correct.

Comment

• Earth is set for BIG FREEZE as sun goes BLANK for majority of 2018

THE sun has been void of sunspots for more than half of the year asm scientists believe the Earth could be in for a huge cold snap.
                      Scientists are reporting that the sun has been free of sunspots for a total of 133 days this year.

With only 241 days of 2018 passing, that means the sun has been blank for the majority of the year.

Experts warn this is a sign that the solar minimum is on its way.
                      The sun was not expected to head into a solar minimum until around 2020, but it appears to be heading in early which could prove to be bad news.

The last time there was a prolonged solar minimum, it led to a ‘mini ice-age’, scientifically known as the Maunder minimum - which lasted for 70 years.

The Maunder minimum, which saw seven decades of freezing weather, began in 1645 and lasted through to 1715, and happened when sunspots were exceedingly rare.

During this period, temperatures dropped globally by 1.3 degrees Celsius leading to shorter seasons and ultimately food shortages.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...mum-space-news

I'm sure the pro-ACC/AGW crowd thinks we can legislate a solution the Sun will obey ...

Comment

• Record-breaking September cold hits northern Minnesota

HIBBING, Minn. (AP) — The mercury is falling in northern Minnesota, with cold air bringing in a record-breaking chill.

The National Weather Service says temperatures plunged below the freezing mark in several locations early Thursday.

It was 28 degrees (-2 Celsius) in International Falls, breaking the Sept. 6 record of 31 (-0.5 C). It was 29 degrees (-1.6 C) in Hibbing, exceeding the bone-chilling lowest low of 33 (0.5 C) for the same date.

Hardest hit was the St. Louis County community of Robinson, where it was 24 degrees (-4.5 C).
                        https://www.yahoo.com/news/record-br...165017798.html

Comment

• CNN will say that it was the fault of Trump .

Comment

:

Records show 2017 marked the 41st consecutive year with global temperatures at least marginally above the 20th century average, with 2016 being the record-holder. ]
                            This does not prove a global warming: why a comparison with the 20th century average ? I can easily find a century average that was higher than the last 41 years .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              CNN will say that it was the fault of Trump .
                              Amazing accomplishment for someone claimed by the deranged and loonie Left as ranging from incapable to incompetent ....

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

This does not prove a global warming: why a comparison with the 20th century average ? I can easily find a century average that was higher than the last 41 years .
                                Please show me a century that was higher

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X