This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
    Hell No!!! Checks and Balances are the Hallmark of good Government.
    Since when has the UN practiced "good government?"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Since the UN is not a government at all, but an over-stuffed committee, that would be "never".
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Um.............er.........Damn..........You got me there TA!! Touche..until next time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

First question right off the bat: What crimes do they expect to commitf that require such sweeping immunity?
          Lying, lying, lying, lying, I would assume ------------

Thus misusing large sums of money from the U.S.A.

Sounds actionable at law to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
            Lying, lying, lying, lying, I would assume ------------

Thus misusing large sums of money from the U.S.A.

Sounds actionable at law to me.
            I think that's the real reason immunity is sought. When it comes out that they are missappropriating funds donated by clueless people, they don't want to be held responsible for their deceit. I say charge them now for their criminal deceit and toss away the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
              I think that's the real reason immunity is sought. When it comes out that they are missappropriating funds donated by clueless people, they don't want to be held responsible for their deceit. I say charge them now for their criminal deceit and toss away the key.
              Right. A kind of pro-active preventative incarceration.

They want immunity for lying and misusing funds? Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Comment

Thread merged with the existing environmentalism and politics thread.

ACG Staff

Comment

The UN is not a government at all, but an over-stuffed committee.

Yea, but they are a Wannabeone.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    The UN is not a government at all, but an over-stuffed committee.

Yea, but they are a Wannabeone.
                    It's a "gentleman's" debating society where drink and women are on the house and somebody else's tab...

Comment

'Green' Biofuels Now Have Environmentalists Seeing Red

I wonder why it took them so long to realize it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/sc...uels.html?_r=0

Comment

No matter where they "shift" the blame, no matter how fast or slow they go, Leftist Environmentalism is....

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
                          I wonder why it took them so long to realize it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/29/sc...uels.html?_r=0
                          Merged into Environmentalism and Politics thread.

ACG Staff

Comment

Sea-Floor Volcanoes and the Environment

Sea-Floor Volcanoes Play a Bigger Role in Earth's Climate Than Previously Thought

Sea-floor volcanoes eruptions at the bottom of the ocean typically thought of as slow, steady occurrences actually pop up in bursts and play an integral role in climate variations, new research suggests.

The eruptions which create new sea floor along 37,000 miles of active mid-ocean ridges flare up in cycles, in tandem with the rise and fall of sea levels, says the study, published in Geophysical Research Letters and authored by Maya Tolstoy of Columbia University's Earth Institute. Previously, said Tolstoy, such underwater activity was not factored into models of the Earth's climate system which are used to project future oceanic and atmospheric conditions.

"Mid-ocean eruptions have been thought of as a small but steady contributor to climate," she told VICE News. "They are out of sight and out of mind, but it turns out they're quite important."

Spurts of high underwater volcanic activity correspond with periods of low sea level, found Tolstoy, who studied 10 sites where underwater seismic activity occurs. When the Earth's atmosphere and oceans are cooler, sea levels lower, since more water is trapped in ice. The lower sea levels relieve pressure on the ocean floor, which leads to more eruptions, she explained. Meanwhile, high sea levels foster a lower rate of eruptions, she said which is what the Earth is currently experiencing.

"We need to put these pulses into the climate models," she said of the importance of using the eruptions to predict future weather patterns. She noted that sea levels and underwater eruptions impacted each other in cycles, partly because of the output of carbon dioxide.
                            VICE News - Full Article

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              See, this is the sort of thing that just demolishes Gorebal Warming. The Environmental Left screams "Carbon!" and blames it all on humanity then along come studies reporting other natural sources or alternatives...

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-airplan...emissions.html

Jet contrails...

Airplane contrails worse than CO2 emissions for global warming: study
                              http://www.skepticalscience.com/earth-albedo-effect.htm

Albedo and climate change:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/2...-once-thought/

Waste heat (aka Carnot heat engine theory) and climate change.

The point is that there are plenty of alternatives to carbon / carbon dioxide that are not being looked at particularly well because the money is on studying carbon dioxide from human activity.

(Remember the first rule of consulting: The customer needs more consulting on whatever the customer is interested in)

Comment

See, this is the sort of thing that just demolishes Gorebal Warming. The Environmental Left screams "Carbon!" and blames it all on humanity then along come studies reporting other natural sources or alternatives...

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-airplan...emissions.html

Jet contrails...

http://www.skepticalscience.com/earth-albedo-effect.htm

Albedo and climate change:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/2...-once-thought/

Waste heat (aka Carnot heat engine theory) and climate change.

The point is that there are plenty of alternatives to carbon / carbon dioxide that are not being looked at particularly well because the money is on studying carbon dioxide from human activity.

(Remember the first rule of consulting: The customer needs more consulting on whatever the customer is interested in)
                                The biggest problem in science today is the political side of it. Politics spoils science. Scientists on their own are already fallible enough without ideology playing a role. Look at all the people who continue to believe in creationism because they claim 'some scientists' support it.

When facts are discarded and hard-science ignored in favor of personal beliefs about what 'must be' then science loses it's strongest pillar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X