Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Environmentalism and Global Warming Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    The book was published in 1974.
    Awesome! You are really keeping up on recent research.

    The rate of warming from 1975-2010 is almost identical to the rate of.warming from 1910-1945 (smack in the middle of "not warming or cooling appreciably on average" climate).
    That is a fantastic observation. It also can be used to demonstrate that when you climb Mt. Everest, you actually walk DOWN?

    Truly. Between 500 yards and 850 yards of the climb you actually lose elevation. And between mile 3 and mile 3.4 there is a loss of elevation.

    And there are a TON of crevices that lose elevation too. I'm surprised more climbers don't injure themselves by falling up to the summit.
    "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
    -The President of the United States of America.

    Comment


    • Trump Wants to Repeal Obama’s Climate Plan. The Next Fight: Its Replacement.

      http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ICo?li=BBnb7Kz


      No need for the replacement. Barry's agenda was un-needed and un-realistic, and too expensive a waste chasing ghosts.

      Comment


      • One can hope. I'd love to see Trump end federal subsidy of wind and solar too...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by armor11 View Post
          Awesome! You are really keeping up on recent research.


          That is a fantastic observation. It also can be used to demonstrate that when you climb Mt. Everest, you actually walk DOWN?

          Truly. Between 500 yards and 850 yards of the climb you actually lose elevation. And between mile 3 and mile 3.4 there is a loss of elevation.

          And there are a TON of crevices that lose elevation too. I'm surprised more climbers don't injure themselves by falling up to the summit.
          What makes you believe you are capable of analysing such a complicated scientific subject? I have studied this issue extensively and have come to the conclusion that we do not have the tools at the moment to come to any certainty about complex chaotic systems.
          We hunt the hunters

          Comment


          • Originally posted by armor11 View Post
            Awesome! You are really keeping up on recent research.


            That is a fantastic observation. It also can be used to demonstrate that when you climb Mt. Everest, you actually walk DOWN?

            Truly. Between 500 yards and 850 yards of the climb you actually lose elevation. And between mile 3 and mile 3.4 there is a loss of elevation.

            And there are a TON of crevices that lose elevation too. I'm surprised more climbers don't injure themselves by falling up to the summit.
            Your analogy is EXACTLY what "climate scientists" are using as the basis for their "theory". Scary that even you could come up with it...

            Comment


            • The great thaw of America's north is coming
              ...
              One of the most profound effects of a warming world is underway on US soil – the impact will force thousands to relocate, and have far-reaching, global consequences. Sara Goudarzi reports from Alaska.
              ...

              Could this be a natural process cycle as seen before in Earth's past?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                The great thaw of America's north is coming
                ...
                One of the most profound effects of a warming world is underway on US soil – the impact will force thousands to relocate, and have far-reaching, global consequences. Sara Goudarzi reports from Alaska.
                ...

                Could this be a natural process cycle as seen before in Earth's past?
                Oh no! Will there be millions of climate refugees? Will the polar bear go extinct? I'm not buying what this clod is selling. The soil in Alaska my thaw but I doubt it will be some Earth shattering result from it.

                Comment


                • Penguins devastated by “unseasonably extensive amounts of sea ice.”

                  David Middleton / 1 day ago October 16, 2017
                  Guest “drive by” by David Middleton

                  Alternate Title: “Tarantino does ‘Happy Feet'”


                  Is Antarctica gaining ice? 01:47

                  (CNN) A penguin colony in Antarctica has suffered a massive breeding failure, with only two chicks surviving the disaster.

                  Terre Adélie (Adélie Land) is home to more than 18,000 pairs of Adélie penguins, but this year almost all the seabirds’ babies starved to death, a situation one expert described as “Tarantino does Happy Feet.”

                  The World Wildlife Fund said unseasonably extensive amounts of sea ice around the colony in East Antarctica had forced the adult penguins to travel further than normal to forage for food.

                  “This devastating event contrasts with the image that many people might have of penguins,” said Rod Downie, Head of Polar Programmes at WWF. “It’s more like ‘Tarantino does Happy Feet’, with dead penguin chicks strewn across a beach in Adélie Land.”

                  […]

                  CNN

                  I had to double-check both the website and my calendar to make sure this wasn’t from The Onion and that it wasn’t April Fool’s Day.
                  Too much sea ice —> “Tarantino does ‘Happy Feet'”

                  If RCP 8.5 doesn’t exterminate Adélie penguins by 2100, too much sea ice will. Apparently Adélie penguins lived in a Goldilocks world for the past 37,000 to 122,000 years. From the end of the Eemian interglacial stage, through the last glacial maximum, on through the Holocene Climatic Optimum, down to the coldest part of the Little Ice Age… Antarctica clearly must have had a perfect Goldilocks sea ice extent… Because penguin evolution is clearly restricted to pristine climatic conditions:



                  Penguin evolution. March of the Fossil Penguins.

                  Clearly penguin evolution depended on stable atmospheric CO2 levels…



                  Cenozoic atmospheric CO2. Older is to the left, x-axis is in millions of calendar years AD (BC). The Mauna Loa instrumental record is depicted by the solid black line at year 0. Oligocene CO2 levels drop from about 800-1,000 ppmv to about 600 ppmv from 32.5 to 30 MYA.

                  And a stable, unchanging climate…



                  Cenozoic temperature anomaly. Older is to the right, x-axis is millions of years before present (1950 AD). Earth’s climate rapidly cooled about 34 million years ago.

                  As usual: Any and all sarcasm was purely intentional.

                  https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/...ts-of-sea-ice/

                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                  Comment


                  • As we hibernate inside in the US with cars that won't start, salt that no longer melts the ice on the slick roads, dressing up like Eskimos to prevent ourselves from getting frostbite, frozen plumbing, and heating bills going through the roof, The latest Drudge Headlines are good for a laugh.
                    EAST COAST BRACES FOR DEEP FREEZE AFTER MASSIVE STORM...
                    FRIGID WEEKEND...
                    LIVE CHILL MAP...
                    GORE: COLD IS THE WARMING...
                    “Breaking News,”

                    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                    Comment


                    • Whatever happened to the Mann lawsuits against Ball and Steyn?
                      We hunt the hunters

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        As we hibernate inside in the US with cars that won't start, salt that no longer melts the ice on the slick roads, dressing up like Eskimos to prevent ourselves from getting frostbite, frozen plumbing, and heating bills going through the roof, The latest Drudge Headlines are good for a laugh.
                        EAST COAST BRACES FOR DEEP FREEZE AFTER MASSIVE STORM...
                        FRIGID WEEKEND...
                        LIVE CHILL MAP...
                        GORE: COLD IS THE WARMING...
                        Please stop using sound bites, and start using science.

                        The prediction that global warming will change wind direction, thus cooling Europe and N America in the short term, has come true.

                        The fact remains that the major energy companies may have won in the short term, specifically by using Smoking Lobby tactics. The Doc's posts are an example of Joseph Goebbels "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          Please stop using sound bites, and start using science.

                          The prediction that global warming will change wind direction, thus cooling Europe and N America in the short term, has come true.

                          The fact remains that the major energy companies may have won in the short term, specifically by using Smoking Lobby tactics. The Doc's posts are an example of Joseph Goebbels "The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                          Comment


                          • Nick, it is not about the science. It is all about creating a panic, in spite of the actual weather conditions, so that the "Sheep" in our society will willingly follow the dictators to the slaughterhouse of Agenda 21.

                            Here is the latest in total BS headlines from the environment from Drudge;

                            Environmentalists Push Meat Tax...

                            Sandwiches Blamed for 'Global Warming'...

                            If we were having year after year of weather like the Midwest experienced in the brutal summer of 88, I would have to believe in the hottest years on record BS that has been going on the past 10 years. That has not been happening around here.

                            This Global Warming BS is nothing more then a "Chicken Little" response to panic the public into giving up more of their money and freedom for the security that will never happen.
                            “Breaking News,”

                            “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                            Comment


                            • Now, this is total environmentalist insanity from the state where the insane live.
                              Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
                              "We need to create awareness around the issue of one-time use plastic straws and its detrimental effects on our landfills, waterways, and oceans," Calderon explained in a press release.
                              http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/25/ca...inalize-restau
                              “Breaking News,”

                              “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                                Now, this is total environmentalist insanity from the state where the insane live.


                                http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/25/ca...inalize-restau
                                Now, that is truly grasping at straws!

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X