This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This doesn’t necessarily mean that all of the warming is fake:
    When presented with my claims of fraud, NOAA typically tries to arm wave it away with these two complaints.
    1. They use gridded data and I am using un-gridded data.
    2. They “have to” adjust the data because of Time Of Observation Bias and station moves.
    3. Both claims are easily debunked. The only effect that gridding has is to lower temperatures slightly. The trend of gridded data is almost identical to the trend of un-gridded data.

The TOBS adjustment is actually necessary and spatial weighting (gridding) is the proper way to handle extremely unevenly sampled data.

That said... It is odd that the sum total of adjustments equals, almost exactly, the warming trend. Any time that your anomaly is equal to or less than your adjustments to the raw data, you have a very weak anomaly, if you even have a real anomaly.

This analysis is further proof that anthropogenic global warming is insignificant relative to natural variability.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      This doesn’t necessarily mean that all of the warming is fake:
      Agreed. There could be a major portion of 'natural' climate change/warming.
      Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      When presented with my claims of fraud, NOAA typically tries to arm wave it away with these two complaints.
      1. They use gridded data and I am using un-gridded data.
      2. They “have to” adjust the data because of Time Of Observation Bias and station moves.
      3. Both claims are easily debunked. The only effect that gridding has is to lower temperatures slightly. The trend of gridded data is almost identical to the trend of un-gridded data.

The TOBS adjustment is actually necessary and spatial weighting (gridding) is the proper way to handle extremely unevenly sampled data.

That said... It is odd that the sum total of adjustments equals, almost exactly, the warming trend. Any time that your anomaly is equal to or less than your adjustments to the raw data, you have a very weak anomaly, if you even have a real anomaly.

This analysis is further proof that anthropogenic global warming is insignificant relative to natural variability.
      This last sentence in red and bold.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• 5 Pieces of News That Show Global Warming Still Isn't Happening The Way Leftists Say
        EXCERPTS:
        As 2016 comes to a close, it's important to realize that the left's continuing hysteria over global warming still does not match reality. The current facts show that there are not rising temperatures at alarming levels and, if anything, the planet seems to be experiencing more of a cooling phase than a warming phase.

Here are five pieces of news that show that global warming is not causing armageddon.

1. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) graphs showing accelerated increases in temperature appear to be fabricated.
        2. The evidence points to record amounts of cold weather.
        3. The polar bear population seems to be thriving.
        4. There were 50 peer-reviewed scientific papers in 2016 that concluded there was not wide-scale global warming.
        5. The weather trends don't indicate that anything severe is occurring.
        The evidence simply does not support the global warming alarmist's contention that rising temperatures are going to lead to disaster for the planet.
        http://www.dailywire.com/news/11977/...aign=position5

Comment

• 6. Alternate causes to CO2 are ignored or dismissed as irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            6. Alternate causes to CO2 are ignored or dismissed as irrelevant.
            It's like only looking for your lost car keys only under street lights because that's where you can see.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• As NASA reports this has been the warmest year on record; (Drudge Headlines.)
              Gore 'INCONVENIENT SEQUEL' Premieres Amid Snowstorm...

Freak heavy snowfall in SAHARA desert turns massive sand dunes into sledging paradise...

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Gore's sequel... The Phantom Menace...

Comment

• Anyone whom flies over our State will see that the local Flora BioMass means Washington State provides a massive "Carbon Credit" in ACC/AGW 'Speak'!

Hence our State has no need to engage "Carbon Credit" financial/economic scams of the sorts esposused by the Gorebots/Greentards of the pro-ACC/AGW associations.

POTUS Trump has selected two of our State's Legislative leaders to assist with the EPA Transition back towards Normalcy in National Regulations of industry, transportation, and consumer/citizen emmissions.

Washington State Legislative Senator Erickson is MY senator and I plan to establish extensive communication with him regards specifics of Natural versus Human Caused (anthropogenic) "Climate Change" and most efficient, economical , and effective means of addressing such via the Federal EPA Policies.

Trump administration taps two Washington state legislators to help reshape EPA

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...p-reshape-epa/

Comment

• Here's an interesting one somebody should do if the carbon tax credit thing is passed... Build a really humongous nuclear power plant. Think about it. It's "carbon free" so it can provide likely hundreds of millions, if not more, in carbon credit tax write offs. A single large plant could conceivably operate for free simply by providing a huge carbon credit write off on an carbon credit exchange...

If someone did that, I could see copy cat plants springing up like mushrooms because of the huge tax advantages the Left has unintentionally given them.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Here's an interesting one somebody should do if the carbon tax credit thing is passed... Build a really humongous nuclear power plant. Think about it. It's "carbon free" so it can provide likely hundreds of millions, if not more, in carbon credit tax write offs. A single large plant could conceivably operate for free simply by providing a huge carbon credit write off on an carbon credit exchange...

If someone did that, I could see copy cat plants springing up like mushrooms because of the huge tax advantages the Left has unintentionally given them.
                      Since the Sun don't always shine and the Wind don't always blow, most of the "Renewable"/"Alternative" energy(electricity) sources/replacements are a bit spotty at best!

So by Default, the Lefty-Loonie-Greenies~Enviro-Nazis are advocating for Nuclear as an "On-Demand" surge provider. I expect the Trump Admin. will provide work-thrus to make this happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Since the Sun don't always shine and the Wind don't always blow, most of the "Renewable"/"Alternative" energy(electricity) sources/replacements are a bit spotty at best!

So by Default, the Lefty-Loonie-Greenies~Enviro-Nazis are advocating for Nuclear as an "On-Demand" surge provider. I expect the Trump Admin. will provide work-thrus to make this happen.
                        Renewable energy... Hah! The sun doesn't have an infinite amount of fuel. Someday it will run out. Solar and wind don't produce byproducts that can make more energy so they're really not renewable.

In fact, realistically, the only true renewable energy source we have currently is a breeder reactor. It makes as much or more fuel than it consumes so it is in essence a renewable energy source.

Comment

• Every scientist must be aware of this but if someone could explain it to me I would appreciate it.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                            Every scientist must be aware of this but if someone could explain it to me I would appreciate it.

Doc ???

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Doc ???
                              A geometric increase in CO2 yields a linear warming effect.

The rise from 280-560 ppmv will cause no more warming than the rise from 140-280 ppmv. It's about 1.0 C per doubling.

Comment

• From this month's Scientific American: A op ed / blog filled with Climate change hysteria...

Warming is also causing sea level to rise at increasing rates. At high tide, ocean water stands in the streets of coastal cities such as Miami and it taints groundwater. The coastal threat of increasingly destructive hurricanes is growing, too. The costs of these increasingly common events are reaching into the billions of dollars. Most frightening is that there likely are tipping points in the climate system—thresholds beyond which unstoppable feedbacks kick in.
                                I didn't know that the streets of Miami flooded every time the tide came in...

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...-is-president/

Of course, the whole article if you read it is one hysterical plea to Trump to continue blindly down the road of Leftist environmentalism... but, what the hey...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X