Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Environmentalism and Global Warming Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WEATHER CHANNEL founder slams UN climate claims: 'The basic theory has failed'...
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

    Comment


    • Yea, just what the US needs:

      U.N. climate chief Christiana Figueres has called for a “centralized transformation” that is “going to make the life of everyone on the planet very different” to combat the alleged global warming threat. How many Americans are looking forward to the U.N. transforming their lives?
      We really need a Costa Rican Leftist telling us to go from this:



      To this:

      Comment


      • Worse then that. Under UN Agenda 21, you will be living in self sustainable communes with every aspect of your miserable lives under total Government supervision from cradle to grave.
        “Breaking News,”

        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

        Comment


        • Climate Hustle - the movie. One time event this Monday, May 2,
          EXCERPT;
          Scorching temperatures. Melting ice caps. Killer hurricanes and tornadoes. Disappearing polar bears. The end of civilization as we know it! Are emissions from our cars, factories, and farms causing catastrophic climate change? Is there a genuine scientific consensus? Or is man-made "global warming" an overheated environmental con job being used to push for increased government regulations and a new "Green" energy agenda?

          CLIMATE HUSTLE answers these questions, and many, many more. Produced by CFACT and CDR Communications in the one-of-a-kind entertaining and informative style that has made CFACT's award-winning ClimateDepot.com one of the world's most sought after sources for reliable, hard-to-find facts about climate issues, this groundbreaking film tears the cover off of global warming hype, and exposes the myths and exaggerations of this multi-billion dollar issue.

          CLIMATE HUSTLE, hosted by award-winning investigative journalist Marc Morano, reveals the history of climate scares including global cooling; debunks outrageous claims about temperatures, extreme weather, and the so-called "consensus;" exposes the increasingly shrill calls to "act immediately before it's too late," and in perhaps the film's most important section, profiles key scientists who used to believe in climate alarm but have since converted to skepticism.

          CLIMATE HUSTLE will be in theaters for a one-night event on Monday, May 2nd, and will include an exclusive panel discussion following the film featuring Gov. Sarah Palin, climatologist Dr. David Legates, media watchdog Brent Bozell, film host Marc Morano, and comments from Bill Nye "the Science Guy."
          ......
          Locations, showtimes, and more information;
          http://www.climatehustlemovie.com/
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • More taxpayer monie$ wasted ...

            Dem AG Targets 90 Conservative Groups in Climate Change Racketeering Suit

            The attorney general of the U.S. Virgin Islands is targeting dozens of conservative and libertarian organizations in a racketeering lawsuit against climate change skeptics that has been widely described as an effort to silence political opponents.

            In a subpoena issued in March, the office of USVI attorney general Claude Walker demanded from Exxon Mobil copies of communications between the oil company and 90 different political and policy organizations “and any other organizations engaged in research or advocacy concerning Climate Change or policies.”

            The subpoena was part of a national, coordinated legal campaign by state attorneys general and left-wing advocacy groups to use the legal system against companies and organizations that disagree with and advocate against Democratic policies to address global climate change.
            ....
            http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-ag-...eteering-suit/

            If anything, should be focused in the opposite direction, against the scammers and hustlers pushing carbon limits/carbon taxes/credits and similar theft upon consumers and citizens.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

            Comment


            • You think any academic institutions will show it the way they show Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth?

              I mean, if they are going to show a move based on nothing more than anecdote hosted by a scientific illiterate shouldn't there be some balance...?

              Oh, wait, this one actually has more basis in fact. That would be unfair to Al Gore's sophistry...

              Comment


              • Good news, considering the fact that the "battle" is against a mythical foe...
                Six Months after Paris Accord, We’re Losing the Climate-Change Battle

                Since the signing of the Paris climate accord in December, have we made any progress in cutting global emissions?

                Let’s start with the good news. Emissions in China, the world’s largest producer of carbon dioxide, dropped by around 3 percent in 2015, according to preliminary government statistics, thanks largely to an economic slowdown...

                [...]

                And now, the bad news: we still have a long way to go to avoid catastrophic global warming...

                [...]

                The IEA predicts total worldwide energy demand will increase between now and 2050, but with strong government action, that increase can be limited enough to slow global warming to 2 °C or less.

                [...]

                Achieving these goals would cost about $15.4 trillion between 2016 and 2050. That sounds like a lot of money...

                [...]

                The goals laid out by the IEA are not unreachable. But they will require “urgent actions by national governments and local officials so we can employ clean energy technologies much faster than we have done in the last few years,” says Birol. “I am hopeful, but not fully confident.”

                https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...change-battle/

                There is not one scintilla of evidence (models aren't evidence, they are hypotheses) which indicates that a "business as usual approach" would excede the 2 °C "limit."
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                Comment


                • More absurdity from the Lefty "climate change' hustlers, Excerpts;
                  " Martinez, along with 20 other youth plaintiffs, has charged the United States government with violating future generations’ “right to a healthy atmosphere.” "
                  The EPA, etc. have done the job of getting rid of REAL air pollution, such as sulfur-dioxide and particulate emmissions. CO2 is not unhealthy to the plants and other Flora, 99% of the biomass of the planet.

                  " Maher noted that the right to a clean environment is “not specifically in the Constitution,” but that it is implicit in the phrase, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,” which actually appears in the Declaration of Independence, a founding document that has no binding legal effect. "

                  Big Duh!

                  " Maher then asked his guest to share about his Aztec heritage how the issue of climate change has specifically affected him, an “indigenous person” for whom taking care of the environment was “always part of your culture.”

                  “Yeah, I mean if you look at before Europe came and kind of messed s**t up over here … we were doing alright and living in balance with the world,” Martinez said. ... "

                  The same Aztecs whom conquered and subjugated neighboring 'tribes' and practiced sacrificial murder in worship of their "Sun God".

                  Would seem science is no longer taught well in our education systems.
                  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016..._term=Firewire
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    More taxpayer monie$ wasted ...

                    Dem AG Targets 90 Conservative Groups in Climate Change Racketeering Suit

                    The attorney general of the U.S. Virgin Islands is targeting dozens of conservative and libertarian organizations in a racketeering lawsuit against climate change skeptics that has been widely described as an effort to silence political opponents.

                    In a subpoena issued in March, the office of USVI attorney general Claude Walker demanded from Exxon Mobil copies of communications between the oil company and 90 different political and policy organizations “and any other organizations engaged in research or advocacy concerning Climate Change or policies.”

                    The subpoena was part of a national, coordinated legal campaign by state attorneys general and left-wing advocacy groups to use the legal system against companies and organizations that disagree with and advocate against Democratic policies to address global climate change.
                    ....
                    http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-ag-...eteering-suit/

                    If anything, should be focused in the opposite direction, against the scammers and hustlers pushing carbon limits/carbon taxes/credits and similar theft upon consumers and citizens.
                    The climate fight: The screw turns

                    EXCERPT:
                    The hypocrisy of liberal state attorneys general in their pursuit of climate change “deniers” and, specifically, ExxonMobil, is on stark display in their bitter response to subpoenas served by the House Science Committee.

                    New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman said through his spokesman that he won’t be intimidated by the committee’s subpoena to appear and explain the AGs’ cause. But we are to presume that intimidation wasn’t intended — of course not! — when the AGs subpoenaed ExxonMobil and various climate change skeptics.
                    ...
                    Still, Ken Kimmell, president of the Union of Concerned Scientists, insists that the House committee’s subpoenas are “harassment” and an “abuse of power.” We suppose “abuse” depends on who’s issuing the subpoenas.

                    And while the same AGs suggest racketeering by those who dare to question the “settled science” of climate change, they, themselves, colluded with environmentalists, who briefed them on prosecuting the “deniers,” The Times reports.
                    ...
                    http://www.gopusa.com/the-climate-fi...s/?omhide=true
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      " Maher then asked his guest to share about his Aztec heritage how the issue of climate change has specifically affected him, an “indigenous person” for whom taking care of the environment was “always part of your culture.”

                      “Yeah, I mean if you look at before Europe came and kind of messed s**t up over here … we were doing alright and living in balance with the world,” Martinez said. ... "

                      The same Aztecs whom conquered and subjugated neighboring 'tribes' and practiced sacrificial murder in worship of their "Sun God".
                      Their neighbors the Maya destroyed their environment by chopping down the Yucatan rain forest...

                      Or, how the Aztec in many ways destroyed lake Titicaca that they live on...

                      Or how indigenous peoples in North America wiped out the wholly mammoth, north American horse and camel....

                      Indigenous peoples in the Americas didn't "care for the environment." They exploited it, and in many ways destroyed or radically changed it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Their neighbors the Maya destroyed their environment by chopping down the Yucatan rain forest...

                        Or, how the Aztec in many ways destroyed lake Titicaca that they live on...

                        Or how indigenous peoples in North America wiped out the wholly mammoth, north American horse and camel....

                        Indigenous peoples in the Americas didn't "care for the environment." They exploited it, and in many ways destroyed or radically changed it.
                        That's an "inconvenient truth" that doesn't match the propaganda of the gorebal warming minions.
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • https://www.yahoo.com/news/last-mont...062.html?nhp=1

                          Last month was hottest June on record: US scientists

                          Can't be so, Dr has graph.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            https://www.yahoo.com/news/last-mont...062.html?nhp=1

                            Last month was hottest June on record: US scientists

                            Can't be so, Dr has graph.
                            I actually do have a graph... I just haven't had time to post it here...

                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              https://www.yahoo.com/news/last-mont...062.html?nhp=1

                              Last month was hottest June on record: US scientists

                              Can't be so, Dr has graph.
                              Dr. Roy Spencer, University of Alabama Huntsville has a graph...
                              Record Warm 2016? What a Difference One Month Makes
                              July 1st, 2016 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

                              With the rapid cooling now occurring in the global average tropospheric temperature, my previous prediction of a record warm year in the satellite data for 2016 looks…well…premature.

                              Here’s an update of what the average temperature trend would have to be in the next 6 months for 2016 to tie 1998 as record warmest year in the 38 year satellite record:



                              Basically, as long as the anomalies stay below the June value of 0.34 deg. C, 2016 won’t be a record warm year.

                              If only I had kept my mouth shut nine days ago….

                              http://www.drroyspencer.com/2016/07/...e-month-makes/

                              I have two graphs...

                              Santa Pause may be coming to town… The “pause” might be back by December.

                              David Middleton / 1 week ago July 12, 2016


                              A funny thing may have happened on the way to 2016 being the hottest year in the history of “life, the universe and everything”…



                              The RSS global temperature anomaly has been cooing at a rate of 1.6 °C /yr since February.

                              If the RSS global temperature anomaly continues to drop at its current rate, the pause will be back just in time for Christmas…



                              Note: I am not predicting that the pause will return by the end of the year. I’m just pointing out the fact that the most recent 5-month trend of the RSS anomaly will bring the pause back, if it continues through the end of the year.

                              https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/07/...k-by-december/

                              If the "pause" resumes later this year (a high probability), there will have been no global warming since 1998.

                              June may very well have been the hottest June on record. However, that record only includes about 160 Junes.

                              The climate is currently near the peak of a millennial scale cycle. However, the global warming that began around 1600 AD may have peaked.



                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                              Comment


                              • The insanity Of SoS Kerry continues ...

                                Kerry Brutalized by Critics Over Bold Claim About Climate Change and Terrorism

                                http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016..._term=Firewire
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X