X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

OMG!

Your "band-aid" is to increase the atmospheric load of the base compound that becomes acid rain!

Bad enough that China and India, with their scores of coal-fired electrical generation plants pump flue un-scrubbed (no FGD) into the atmosphere already loading it with the sulfur to become sulfuric acid=acid rain; but your "wise" solution is to increase that REAL POLLUTION!

I revise my opinion of you.
    It's quite probable you may not understand the science(or math) regarding the topic of this thread.
    Whatever
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by DingBat View Post
      Oil and gas firms 'have had far worse climate impact than thought'

No real surprise here. The Canadian government was letting tar sands projects self report on emissions and they were found to be significantly underestimated. And then there were large, undetected methane leaks in Turkmenistan, California, and Ohio.
      Current global atmospheric methane amount/level is about 1866 ppb=Parts Per Billion(compared to everything else in the DRY atmosphere).
      Or 1866/1,000,000,000
      Or a ratio of 1 to 535,905
      Or 0.000001866% which we could round off to 0.000002% compared to CO2 which is 0.04% of the dry atmosphere composition.

Of course some here either don't understand this math, can't do this math, or won't do this math; either way, methane is extremely small scale as "greenhouse gases" go.

For those whom will do the math, that means that methane is either 0.00005% the concentration of CO2 or a ratio of 1/20,000 compared to CO2.

Comment

Geocraft.com is another debunked source of misinformation on climate change. It's also a huge supporter of coal.
        Counter point to the "anti-coal" and misinformation on pro-ACC/AGW sources worth debunking on their own non-objective agendas.

Comment

• Consider ...
          ... if there is no "problem" with the Climate, or supposed "danger" to life and/or humans, Funding$ for "climate research" would shrink significantly and many "climate scientist$" would have to look for other employment.

Comment

So consider saving yourself the effort because anything(links) you present as you have without showing the actual URL will be ignored by me (and many others) and considered just more garbage.
            I was kinda assuming you weren't reading them anyway.

Comment

• Climate change is slowly drying up the Colorado River

Comment

I was kinda assuming you weren't reading them anyway.
                Some I might be inclined to, if they weren't "blind" presentation/link.
                That one try "burned me".

Comment

Some I might be inclined to, if they weren't "blind" presentation/link.
                  That one try "burned me".
                  we feel your pain.
                  BTW, the small amount of sulfate is injected into the Stratosphere, far above ground level acid rain. a trade off.

Comment

• https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe...sols/page4.php Fortunatley, the heavy January river of water form the pineapple express is replenishing the waqtershed for - this year, anyway.

Comment

• Heavy demand for irrigation might also be a factor.

Comment

Consider ...
                        ... if there is no "problem" with the Climate, or supposed "danger" to life and/or humans, Funding$ for "climate research" would shrink significantly and many "climate scientist$" would have to look for other employment.
                        Ohhh I love a good conspiracy theory post.
                        So decades ago at a top secret meeting of scientists (probably in a volcano) it was decided to create “global warming” as a scam to bilk governments out of trillions of dollars and completely undermine the way modern society functions. And all “climate” scientists swore a blood oath to follow this on the bones of Anders Celsius.
                        This grand plot was solely to safe guard their extremely high paying, cushy and highly sought after jobs.Oh and to avoid having to find work as baristas. Amazing that other scientists didn’t figure this out too

I see the next Dan Brown epic writing itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post

So decades ago at a top secret meeting of scientists (probably in a volcano) it was decided to create “global warming” as a scam to bilk governments out of trillions of dollars and completely undermine the way modern society functions. And all “climate” scientists swore a blood oath to follow this on the bones of Anders Celsius.
                          This grand plot was solely to safe guard their extremely high paying, cushy and highly sought after jobs.Oh and to avoid having to find work as baristas. Amazing that other scientists didn’t figure this out too

I wasn't going to respond to that, but since you did....
                          Climate scientists would make more money in other careers

What if:
                          1. You made a list of all the people that might lose out if climate change were proven wrong
                          2. You made a list of JUST the oil industry executives who fear losing out if climate change denial ended tomorrow

I suspect the second list would be a couple of orders of magnitude longer than the first.

Then we can add up all the salaries at risk and compare those, too.

As a software developer, I probably made 3x what a climate scientist will, and without having to pay for a PhD.

Anyway, we are likely doomed to visit the entire list of debunked climate change denial arguments. This one was inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post

Here's another one for you ...
                            ... BIG OIL ...

Just love how all the true-believer fanatics in human-caused/anthropogenic climate change/gorebal warming think it's only because of "Big Oil" that not everyone drinks the kool-aid of their delusions. It's "big oil" paying those "skeptics" and "deniers" to be such.

Or "Big Coal" ...

As if these large corporations competing for market share are going to collude in some joint plot to thwart Al Gore and his minions from "saving the Earth from burning up with it's fever".

Most so-called "climate scientists" are collect government checks, usually via a college or university or government agency and often chasing some form of grant$ and like most guv'mint workers I've known over the last few decades, they are more concerned with continuing their paychecks, benefits, and jobs than ever running out of ways to "cry wolf", and also advance their anti-capitalist and anti-West social reform agenda.

BTW, only so many job slots available for "climate scientists" and I'd wager those that could do something else that pays better are out there doing it.

That Dan Brown epic needs to include the classic scene we had here local some months ago (in Summer of course when it's warmer) where scores of protesters paddled their kayaks out to block an oil tanker. Irony is they protest the "fossil fuel", which more correctly should be considered a carbon resource, using boats and clothing all made via petroleum byproducts. Just one of many expressions of hypocrisy from the pro-ACC/AGW thugs.

Now if all those pro-ACC/AGW zealots and fanatics would just stop respiring and end the exhale of CO2, "their problem" would be solved.

Comment

I wasn't going to respond to that, but since you did....
                              Climate scientists would make more money in other careers

What if:
                              1. You made a list of all the people that might lose out if (anthropogenic) climate change were proven wrong
                              2. You made a list of JUST the oil industry executives who fear losing out if (anthropogenic) climate change denial ended tomorrow

I suspect the second list would be a couple of orders of magnitude longer than the first.

Then we can add up all the salaries at risk and compare those, too.

As a software developer, I probably made 3x what a climate scientist will, and without having to pay for a PhD.

Anyway, we are likely doomed to visit the entire list of debunked (anthropogenic) climate change denial arguments. This one was inevitable.
                              As usual you miss the key point here. You fail to precede climate change with anthropogenic(human caused).
                              Most of us agree there is NATURAL climate change, and if not warming out of an Ice age, than cooling towards one. That is what many of the charts and graphs I've presented in previous posts show. They also show that climate is not stagnant, it's not like the thermostat in your home which can be set to a specific temperature and your furnace/AC will keep it there. Climate is always in flux, and the last several hundreds of thousands of years show that brief inter-glacial warmings like we have now tend to be relatively short-lived and far in-between.

One you can expect repeatedly is the challenge to explain how one molecule of CO2 transfers the heat it retains equally unto the other 2,499 molecules of argon, oxygen, nitrogen etc.; i.e. how that minute 1/2500 manages to heat up the whole atmosphere.

Comment

As usual you miss the key point here. You fail to precede climate change with anthropogenic(human caused).
                                Most of us agree there is NATURAL climate change, and if not warming out of an Ice age, than cooling towards one. That is what many of the charts and graphs I've presented in previous posts show. They also show that climate is not stagnant, it's not like the thermostat in your home which can be set to a specific temperature and your furnace/AC will keep it there. Climate is always in flux, and the last several hundreds of thousands of years show that brief inter-glacial warmings like we have now tend to be relatively short-lived and far in-between.

One you can expect repeatedly is the challenge to explain how one molecule of CO2 transfers the heat it retains equally unto the other 2,499 molecules of argon, oxygen, nitrogen etc.; i.e. how that minute 1/2500 manages to heat up the whole atmosphere.

Have you ever wondered , for your complaining that you aren't being spoon fed some sort of wacky worship of your caloric theory, who the 'most of us agree's are?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X