X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a really cool little page that collects and presents data on CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions by country/region, etc.

CO₂ and Greenhouse Gas Emissions

Comment

• Originally posted by DingBat View Post
      Wow. Using an xkcd graphic that was specifically created to counter the "climate has changed before" argument.

What a bad call.

Link to the original, if anyone's interested.
      good luck with that!
      My experience is that a believer in caloric theory of heat transfer isn't going to change. It sorta works on a day to day level... a hot pot gradually loses leat- and you can't see the pot molecules, so they don't count....
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• RealClimateScience.org media bias.

Lol, I haven't seen too many described as "Quackery".

Comment

Wow. Using an xkcd graphic that was specifically created to counter the "climate has changed before" argument.

What a bad call.

Link to the original, if anyone's interested.
          Not really.

Why do you think I only included that snippet which presents a cute take on where climate was in the past?

FWIW, I will on occasion use a variety of sources to give some perspective (if not show irony). Following is one which lies a bit to one side of objective, even though it presents as such, and also is illustrative of the Orwellian/"1984"~Double-Speak common to the 'Al Gore-bot' ACC/AGW true-believer fanatics.

For example, this one comes close to objective and has some interesting content, even though it mostly leans one way;
          https://www.newscientist.com/article...-the-big-deal/
          Last edited by G David Bock; 21 Feb 20, 14:05.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

RealClimateScience.org media bias.

To be expected from a biased and non-object site claiming to be a "fact-check" one.

The video I linked to in my post provides a good number of examples of how data exclusion and cherry pick can produce graphs and implications that fit an agenda, but conflict with the full range of data/information available.

Classic propaganda technique to attack source rather than content.

BTW, here's some alternate quackery;
            https://skepticalscience.com/How-Jo-...te-change.html

Comment

RealClimateScience.org media bias.

Here's a real-climate-science article/link, loaded with charts/graphs from NOAA and many other non-quackery data sources;
              Erasing America’s Hot Past

The US used to have many very hot summers, with the worst being 1936.

https://realclimatescience.com/erasi...icas-hot-past/

Maybe we could let the readers here make up their own minds ?
              2019-02-13193710_shadow-776x1024.jpg

^ Just a couple examples of the article content.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain

G - David- there is nothing wrong for most of everyday life, with caloric theory.
                Reg S. -AGAIN- where have I injected caloric theory into this discussion?
                That seems a tangent~divergence on your part.

BTW, you and others reading here might find this a bit helpful;
                The Replacement of Caloric Theory by a Mechanical Theory of Heat

https://www.encyclopedia.com/science...al-theory-heat

Originally posted by marktwain
                BUT - it fails on the molecular level.
                Same with IR absorption of the CO2 molecule transferring to the other 2,499 different parts/molecules of the atmosphere.

HOPE THIS helps
                How ?
                Maybe for you but I don't see what obscure rabbit hole you are going down.

/BTW- try soaking your tripe overnight in brine.
                I don't do/eat tripe, but thanks. Maybe place this suggestion in "Mess Hall".

Be careful about indulging- with poorly known- witches...
                I tend to be discreet and very selective on my Wiccan indulgences ...
                Last edited by G David Bock; 21 Feb 20, 15:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post

Ohhh I love a good conspiracy theory post.
                  So decades ago at a top secret meeting of scientists (probably in a volcano) it was decided to create &global warming&; as a scam to bilk governments out of trillions of dollars and completely undermine the way modern society functions. And all ;climate&; scientists swore a blood oath to follow this on the bones of Anders Celsius.
                  This grand plot was solely to safe guard their extremely high paying, cushy and highly sought after jobs.Oh and to avoid having to find work as baristas. Amazing that other scientists didn;t figure this out too

I see the next Dan Brown epic writing itself.

good post
                  the good news is that it is getting better. correspondents who had previously thrived on the caloric theory seem to be incorporating parts of the kinetic theory of gases into their , uhh, debates.
                  the hypothesis that I feel explains greenhouse warming is still molecular resonance, which is quantum mechanics. Getting folks to bridge the final leap, is meetin resistance.

Comment

• The Arctic’s thawing ground is releasing a shocking amount of dangerous gases

Comment

• A number of spam posts and posts addressing other posters were removed.
                      We have a thread for memes. Post there, not in a thread for serious discussion.
                      Again do not address posters but their arguments.
                      Thank you
                      ACG Staff

Comment

• U.S. to triple operational weather and climate supercomputing capacity

Comment

• . From 1992 to 2017, the rate of ice loss from the Antarctic Peninsula nearly quintupled, from 7 to 33 billion tons a year.

Wow. If you go back five years in this thread, the pundits were claiming that Antatics' ice was increasing- proving that global warming was a - hoax...

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

. From 1992 to 2017, the rate of ice loss from the Antarctic Peninsula nearly quintupled, from 7 to 33 billion tons a year.

Wow. If you go back five years in this thread, the pundits were claiming that Antatics' ice was increasing- proving that global warming was a - hoax...
                            I don't know about the Antarctic, but there were similar claims about Greenland. The claim was that the ice in central Greenland was increasing. It was. The reason was that the melting of ice near the coasts of Greenland had increased the moisture in the air, and thereby increased snowfall in central Greenland. Overall, the mass of ice in Greenland was declining.

A good example of the science denial tactic of cherry picking.

Comment

• ‘Massive Risk’ Drives ESG Deadline at $108 Billion Finnish Funds

Comment

• Solar technology breakthrough at UQ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X