X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Confirms Climate Models are Getting Future Warming Projections Right

Comment

• Study from a biased source about biased models prove they are right.

Next NASA will tell us how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
      Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock
        Again, given a ratio of 1 to 2,500 that is the question here.
        How does "one" transfer equal energy to "2,500 others" ???
        It doesn't.
        Last edited by DingBat; 17 Feb 20, 00:11.

Comment

• Big Oil taking up mantle of climate change

Comment

• Two G David Bock posts deleted due to lack of civility.

Any further action will result in a harsher penalty.

ACG Staff.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• Major study shows climate change can cause abrupt impacts on dryland ecosystems

Comment

• And in the waters...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...erage/11889628
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DingBat View Post

Note that I have refrained from insults in this exchange, whereas you have continually pushed the boundaries. One wonders why you bother to even have a discussion with a "fanatical true-believer", "Left-Wing loonie"? Btw, if you want to stick to your convictions and just not talk to the loonie, I'm ok with that too.

If you turn on a heater in a room, how does the heat transfer to the molecules in the air? How is the mechanism of heat transfer due to the greenhouse effect any different? You seem to be asking how one molecule of CO2 transfers 1 unit of energy to 2500 other molecules so that the new result is 2500 units of energy. That doesn't seem like a reasonable question. So, again, how is heat transfer from CO2 molecules different from any other transfer of heat in the atmosphere?
                  My personal theory is that the effect is due to the activities of WITCHES, but as a man of science, I'm open to alternatives.....
                  [IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/90/cc/18/90cc181fc49fad3fff1a1b6b782ddb4d--witches-funny-****.jpg[/IMG]
                  Last edited by marktwain; 17 Feb 20, 13:36.
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

My personal theory is that the effect is due to the activities of WITCHES, but as a man of science, I'm open to alternatives.....
                    Well, in all honesty, I have to take some responsibility for the fracas. I broke my own rules regarding forum conduct and I also completely failed to understand the question was literally "how does 1 divided by 2500 = 2500?". The entire conversation could've been shortened to one "It can't" reply.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock

Again, given a ratio of 1 to 2,500 that is the question here.
                      How does "one" transfer equal energy to "2,500 others" ???

It doesn't.
                      Which is my point confirmed!

The premise of the anthropogenic/human caused Climat Change/Global Warming is that Carbon Dioxide/CO2 in retaining some IR energy(heat) is what causes the rest of the atmosphere; Argon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Etc. to get warmer and hence drive climate change/global warming. Hence the reason for all the political solutions of "carbon reduction" via reduce CO2 emissions, "cap-n-trade", "carbon tax", etc. ~ even though most of these political solutions will not significantly reduce CO2 levels or have any meaningful or measurable positive impact on ACC/AGW.

That 1 to 2500 ration comes from 400 ppm(dry) where "ppm" equals parts per million, which can be expressed as 400/1,000,000 and that reduces to 1/2,500. Can also be expressed as 0.04% versus 99.96%.

We so-called "skeptics" and "deniers" do not deny there is climate change or global warming. In my case, I've repeatedly presented data and charts that show there has always been climate change and if such isn't warming out of an Ice Age it is cooling towards an Ice Age. Also, climate is not stagnant, it is always in flux. Viewing such on a scale of one or two centuries of data can lead to distortion or mis-information compared to looking at larger scale of hundreds to thousands or even millions of years.

What I and many others are "skeptical" on is the case presented that CO2 is the main driver or cause of current climate flux/change and/or the current trend that appears to be warming. We are also skeptical that recent increase from 280ppm to 400ppm is the main cause or need for concern. Especially when 99+% of life on this planet, Flora, require CO2 to survive and about 300ppm is the bare minimum for low end optimal existence of plants.

Which brings back the case that for credibility in this sort of discussion, one should indicate if they are referring to proven record of Natural climate change or unproven hypothesis of anthropogenic/human-caused.

Comment

Well, in all honesty, I have to take some responsibility for the fracas. I broke my own rules regarding forum conduct and I also completely failed to understand the question was literally "how does 1 divided by 2500 = 2500?". The entire conversation could've been shortened to one "It can't" reply.
                        Check page one and post #2 of this thread; the "fracas" started back then, nearly six years ago.
                        Last edited by G David Bock; 17 Feb 20, 12:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Which is my point confirmed!

The premise of the anthropogenic/human caused Climat Change/Global Warming is that Carbon Dioxide/CO2 in retaining some IR energy(heat) is what causes the rest of the atmosphere; Argon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Etc. to get warmer and hence drive climate change/global warming. Hence the reason for all the political solutions of "carbon reduction" via reduce CO2 emissions, "cap-n-trade", "carbon tax", etc. ~ even though most of these political solutions will not significantly reduce CO2 levels or have any meaningful or measurable positive impact on ACC/AGW.

That 1 to 2500 ration comes from 400 ppm(dry) where "ppm" equals parts per million, which can be expressed as 400/1,000,000 and that reduces to 1/2,500. Can also be expressed as 0.04% versus 99.96%.

We so-called "skeptics" and "deniers" do not deny there is climate change or global warming. In my case, I've repeatedly presented data and charts that show there has always been climate change and if such isn't warming out of an Ice Age it is cooling towards an Ice Age. Also, climate is not stagnant, it is always in flux. Viewing such on a scale of one or two centuries of data can lead to distortion or mis-information compared to looking at larger scale of hundreds to thousands or even millions of years.

What I and many others are "skeptical" on is the case presented that CO2 is the main driver or cause of current climate flux/change and/or the current trend that appears to be warming. We are also skeptical that recent increase from 280ppm to 400ppm is the main cause or need for concern. Especially when 99+% of life on this planet, Flora, require CO2 to survive and about 300ppm is the bare minimum for low end optimal existence of plants.

Which brings back the case that for credibility in this sort of discussion, one should indicate if they are referring to proven record of Natural climate change or unproven hypothesis of anthropogenic/human-caused.
                          OK- serious time.
                          Quantum Mechanics sis sometimes 'counter intuitive.'

In essence- the Carbon molecule absorbs energy. It then transmits the energy outwards.
                          some of the energy is transmitted via collisions with other molecules. some of the energy is absorbed form the returning energy form the earths surface- then reflected back to the surface. Warming it.
                          this is a much more elegant explaNATION.- HERE....

https://scied.ucar.edu/carbon-dioxid...ared-radiation
                          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• There is no proof that today we see a climate change ,because the parameters that are used are much too limited : it is nonsense to compare temperatures of 2019 to temperatures of 1980 and to use the differences as proof that today climate is changing . 39 years are less than a billionth part of a nanosecond of the history of the earth .
                            There is no proof that today's climate variations are caused by mankind, because it is more than probable that they are caused by events that happened thousands of years ago .
                            There is also no proof that climate is warming : it is possible that we are in a cooling period that started thousands of years ago .
                            There is also no proof that, if there is a warming/cooling period,that this is a threat for our survival .
                            And, if there is a threat for our survival, there is no proof that we can do something against it .
                            To say that we caused a climate change is not only the apogee of arrogance , it is also a pretext to attack and destroy the society where we are living , a society that has succeeded where the others have failed = to create prosperity and wealth for millions of people .
                            10000 years ago,the Sahara was a desert . The climate changed and the Sahara became habitable and a savanna.
                            The climate changed again and the Sahara became again a desert .And maybe within some thousands of years, the climate will change again and the Sahara will become again a savanna .
                            And it is perfectly possible that this change has started 1000 years ago, or 100 years ago, or is starting now .And it is not important, because we can't do anything against nature .
                            Millions of years ago ,when man did not exist, temperature on earth was much higher than today . Thus the claim that it is our fault,is nonsense .

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

OK- serious time.
                              Quantum Mechanics sis sometimes 'counter intuitive.'

In essence- the Carbon molecule absorbs energy. It then transmits the energy outwards.
                              some of the energy is transmitted via collisions with other molecules. some of the energy is absorbed form the returning energy form the earths surface- then reflected back to the surface. Warming it.
                              this is a much more elegant explaNATION.- HERE....

https://scied.ucar.edu/carbon-dioxid...ared-radiation
                              Reg S.; you presented this link already, back a few pages about post #1669 and I replied about post #1673.

Got it; been there and done that, yadda, yadda, ...

Two points:
                              1) Amount of energy decreases each time it passes from one molecule to another ...
                              2) One molecule of CO2 doesn't acquire enough energy to pass off to the 2,499 other molecules in atmospheric ratio to it. 2 or 3 maybe, 2,499 no way.

What works better might be to factor in the water vapor(H2O) which is about 10-20% more of total atmosphere in addition to the dry part. This works out to about 250-500 times as much material/molecules as the CO2 and is one of many more likely sources of heat in the atmosphere. Enough to render CO2 as inconsequential.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X