• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby
    Found Bigfoot yet? No.
    Found any ghosts yet? No.
    Found any aliens yet? No.
    Found any treasures at Oak Island yet? No.

Don’t pretend to trip over the mountain of “real” data about global warming when you hold the above mentioned topics in the same light of validity. If you can’t distinguish real data from myths and bad evidence then your point becomes muted.
    Seen any Frost giants lately?No

Lord Odin keeps his promises!
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by DingBat View Post
      One wonders how people KNOW that the climate changed in the past? If you’re talking about physical data, as from ice core samples.... isn’t that mostly gathered by climate scientists? I mean, they could be lying, right?
      It's not just ice core samples. Fossil records and geological samples also tend to support natural climate change (and other changes), over very long periods of time. Most of these investigations and conclusions - such as the ice ages for example - are not, AFAIK, specifically from "climate scientists" as such; many of them going back to a time when this whole "debate" about "climate change" wasn't a thing either. Just my 20c worth.
      "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post

It's not just ice core samples. Fossil records and geological samples also tend to support natural climate change (and other changes), over very long periods of time. Most of these investigations and conclusions - such as the ice ages for example - are not, AFAIK, specifically from "climate scientists" as such; many of them going back to a time when this whole "debate" about "climate change" wasn't a thing either. Just my 20c worth.
        But.... but... those scientists might be lying too!

Comment

• Originally posted by DingBat View Post

But.... but... those scientists might be lying too!
          "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              The deniers say “you can’t use a single event” as a justification of increased global warming.

Then turn around and say “geez it’s quite cold today... what global warming nonsense.”

Oh the irony.
              Exactly.

And when you point it out, the excuses start to come in.

And even funnier: they claim no one, not even scientists, is capable of really understanding.
              Yet they are the select few who do....
              Last edited by Rutger; 09 Feb 20, 04:41.
              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

Exactly.

And even funnier: they claim no one, not even scientists, is capable of really understanding.
                They don’t they’ve proven that they don’t only diehard fools and the ignorant continue to want to believe them as proven experts they keep selling hysterical apocalyptic scenarios that have never come true and won’t in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

Exactly.

It's by revelation....

I would like to advise all posters, including my fellow Albertan(s), that punctuation should be used.
                  VIZ:
                  I helped my uncle , Jack, off his horse
                  looks completely different without commas,,,,
                  Last edited by marktwain; 09 Feb 20, 12:46.
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It's by revelation....

I would like to advise all posters, including my fellow Albertan(s), that punctuation should be used.
                    VIZ:
                    I helped my uncle , Jack, off his horse
                    looks completely different without commas,,,,
                    Not sure a liberal application of commas is going to be sufficient to make said commentators posts legible. The words LOOK like English, but the sentences don't parse.

Comment

• Crybabies sure don’t like to hear the truth about their failure idols and lash out because of it

Comment

• ‘We Knew They Had Cooked the Books’
                        The Trump administration’s attempt to kill one of America’s strongest climate policies has been a complete debacle.

If you are able to ignore the click-bait title, there's actually some strong reporting in this article. It's an interesting read not just about tailpipe standards but about how the various government agencies responsible for environmental issues work.

Those of you who revel in the red-blue war will find plenty of ammunition on either side.

Here's a link to a separate study, referenced in the article, that found some of the erroneous math used as calculations to justify SAFE.

Comment

• Global CO2 emissions from power generation flatten out: IEA

Comment

• Flatten out is one way of putting it ..

960x0.jpg?fit=scale.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

Flatten out is one way of putting it ..

960x0.jpg?fit=scale.jpg
                              Well, and CO2 emissions from power generation is only 20-25% of the overall problem as well. It's a start.

Comment

• With total atmospheric weight of carbon dioxide(CO2) at about 2,000 gigatonnes (400ppm,dry) this "production" of 33 gigatonnes works out to about 1.6% of CO2.
                                No "large deal" ...
                                ... when one considers that CO2 is only about 0.04% of the 1% of atmosphere not being 21% oxygen or 78% nitrogen.

Would be great if the "gorebot" pro-ACC/AGW advocates could learn some science and math and be honest in what they present.
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X