Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Harley-Davidson donates 28 bikes to Haiti

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSouL View Post
    Oh man, At Ease, seriously ... the image you give from yourself if one of a total wussy who looks at his feet everytime a tough guy crosses your way! Man up!

Thats the attitude I'd expect from some born-again, who due to some incident in his early life, is totally scared from what he hears in the news; and feels himself being preyed upon at every corner he turns. Grow some balls ffs! This is just plain hurtful to read!
    Do you have anything to say about the thread matter being discussed, or are you only capable of personal attacks? And I am not a "born again". I was baptised and raised as a Catholic. I have always been the way I am.

On "Manning up" - by Rudyard Kipling.
    http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm
    Last edited by At ease; 12 Feb 10, 11:41.
    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
    Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

At Ease,you said that most Harley owners are criminals.Now you are trying to adjust your arguement that criminals that ride motorcycles all ride Harleys.But that's not the arguement.Look,you're among friends here.There's no embarassment in admitting you made a dopey statement.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by At ease View Post
        This is what I said (in post #5):
        "It's an aspirational brand. But only those who aspire to following a life of crime, or who endorses the "gang" lifestyle, would want to own one."
        Ah At Ease, there's a HUGE fallacy there. Just because all As are Bs, it does not follow that all Bs are As. Like (in so far as this works), all medical malpracticers are doctors, but not all doctors are guilty of medical malpractice.

I would never ride a motorcycle, but if I was, and wanted style, I'd pick a Harley in a heartbeat. That I might be criminally inclined has nothing to do with it. I'd want a crotch rocket to escape the cops if that were the case.
        How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
        275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

If I were your high school teacher and you handed in a paper with that kind of glaring logical fallacy, I would have stopped reading immediately, and placed a big fat 'F' on top of your paper and tell you to write a new paper.

There's a big market for well-off mid-life crisis men who go out and buy Harley's. I think they're douchebags because they're just weekend riders who go around without helmets so the wind and debris is all in their faces causing them to move slowly and **** me off. But they're not criminals. Lawyers (not personal injury lawyers), dentists, business owners, yes, but outlaw motorcycle gang members? BIG Emphatic NO!

Oh yes, a lot of these 'gangs' you may be worried about are just weekend or springtime riders who form clubs because there is safety in numbers when inexperienced and on motorcycles. That safety is not necessarily from OMGs but from motorists in trucks and cars who might miss seeing a lone motor-cyclist but will certainly notice a huge pack of them (and thus avoid hitting any one of them).

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            If I were your high school teacher and you handed in a paper with that kind of glaring logical fallacy, I would have stopped reading immediately, and placed a big fat 'F' on top of your paper and tell you to write a new paper.

There's a big market for well-off mid-life crisis men who go out and buy Harley's. I think they're douchebags because they're just weekend riders who go around without helmets so the wind and debris is all in their faces causing them to move slowly and **** me off. But they're not criminals. Lawyers (not personal injury lawyers), dentists, business owners, yes, but outlaw motorcycle gang members? BIG Emphatic NO!

Oh yes, a lot of these 'gangs' you may be worried about are just weekend or springtime riders who form clubs because there is safety in numbers when inexperienced and on motorcycles. That safety is not necessarily from OMGs but from motorists in trucks and cars who might miss seeing a lone motor-cyclist but will certainly notice a huge pack of them (and thus avoid hitting any one of them).
            You hit the nail on the head. I think it funny at a dealership you can see 8 year old Harleys, all cromed out with every aftermarket thing you can imagine, with less than 10K on the odometer.

And MCs leave "civilians" alone - unless of course you instigate something, in which case you probably deserve the beating.

In fact in several cases you might see several motorcycles riding together, and it is possible the people don't even know each other, sometimes people that see other bikes on the road start riding in groups for that safety factor.
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

And I am not a "born again". I was baptised and raised as a Catholic. I have always been the way I am.
              Great! Right what I wanted to hear.
              If so, start practicing and stop with:

- The Slander.
              - Distorting the truth

Thank you.

Comment

Still no one is prepared to answer the question that I have asked a number of times - that being what is the brand of motor cycle used by criminal motorcycle gangs?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSouL View Post
                  Great! Right what I wanted to hear.
                  If so, start practicing and stop with:

- The Slander.
                  - Distorting the truth

Thank you.
                  Again, nothing to contribute except more personal attacks.

Comment

Still no one is prepared to answer the question that I have asked a number of times - that being what is the brand of motor cycle used by criminal motorcycle gangs?
                    Jesus Murphy, at ease. Give it a rest. So what if some criminals "aspire" to own a Harley-Davidson? Your point that therefore: "only those who aspire to following a life of crime, or who endorses the "gang" lifestyle, would want to own one" is erroneous - both as a statement of logic and as a statement of fact. Move on to something else.

Comment

..in Boston yesterday, a gang did a drive by from a minivan...
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

On "Manning up" - by Rudyard Kipling.
                        http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm
                        Just came to read the poem, couldn't do so before because of time constraints.
                        Nice find ... if that's how you feel a man should be, i definitly can agree with that.

BUT ... if the reason you placed that link in your response was to point to yourself as being a man, and having those mentioned traits.... I fear to dissapoint you, since your actions certainly don't adjust to that ideal.

The suggestion of restraining yourself of slandering and lying was, as a matter of fact, no personal attack; simply some genuine advise. But alas, do what pleases you.
                        Last edited by DarkSouL; 12 Feb 10, 15:36.

Comment

Counter-question:

From all pedophiles around the whooole dark world, which religion do they most often embrace? That makes which religious followers specially propense for child raping?

See the fallacy now? Games like this can be played from all sides, and the results are always the same .... bull

Comment

Well that was pointless.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X