Islamic Iran / Hezbollah roots in Latin America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Iran / Hezbollah roots in Latin America

Post deleted for repeated violation of forum copyright policy.

Thank You, ACG Staff
    Last edited by GCoyote; 12 Jun 10, 21:06. Reason: Repeated violation of ACG copyright policy

That and the fact that Brazil just signed an exterior Uranium enrichment contract with Iran to serve it's nuclear program.

"Money makes the world go round, the world go round..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mari View Post
      Major Arab population in Latin America [many are in the textile, perfume business, and other]:
      * Brazil (Rio, more than Sao Paolo, though the region Bras (for instance) is very heavy occupied by Arab merchants).
      * Honduras.
      * Chile.
      * Haiti. (Syrian Arabs, though the Haitians have seen little or nothing in aid from them...) ...
      This is probably 95% politics and economics - they probably have oil ties or something.

Ordinary Arabs living in Brazil have little to do with political support for Iran. There are millions of Arabs and non-Arab Muslims living in the UK, US, PRC, Russia, France, etc

Besides, Arabs are Sunni and Iranians are Shiites.
      Surrender? NutZ!
      -Varro

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. -Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Intranetusa View Post
        Besides, Arabs are Sunni and Iranians are Shiites.

Just from the top of my head-
        Most Iraqis are Shiites, the same goes for Lebanon, there's also a very large population of them in Syria, these are the "leaders" as far as I remember, but they of course exist wherever Islam exist, they represent about 15-20% of the Muslim faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post

Just from the top of my head-
          Most Iraqis are Shiites, the same goes for Lebanon, there's also a very large population of them in Syria, these are the "leaders" as far as I remember, but they of course exist wherever Islam exist, they represent about 15-20% of the Muslim faith.
          You are correct. I meant "most" Arabs (and those specifically from the Arabian peninsula/Saudi Arabia) - Iraq and a few others you have mentioned that have significant Arab & non-Arab populations are certainly the exception.
          Surrender? NutZ!
          -Varro

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. -Sun Tzu

Comment

Well yeah, that's because Shiites are only about 20% of the Muslims.

Saudi Arabia is mostly Wahabi, while it's formally a sub-stream of the Sunna it doesn't automatically fall on the western's stigma of the Sunnis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X