Mexican President on Arizona immigration law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican President on Arizona immigration law

Getting a reaction from south of the border now.

Arizona immigration law encourages police abuse, says Mexican president

The Mexican president, Felipe Calderón, has condemned Arizona's new immigration law and warned that relations with the border state will suffer as a result.

The law, which gives the police the right to stop anyone they suspect is an illegal immigrant, "opens the door to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement", Calderón said last night. Trade and political ties with Arizona would be "seriously affected", he warned.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...mmigration-law
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

He's just pissed because he doesn't want them back.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

I would like to know what he is going to do about taking back his borders from the drug gangs. Then I would like to know how he is going to treat illegal immigrants to Mexico. Mexican law is very harsh on border jumpers from other countries.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Being a retired LEO from Az.I dont know what the big organized stink is about.We have had these laws on the books in Az for years.Local Cops were told not to enforce them because there wasnt enough manpower.Police dont just stop anyone they feel like.They need reasonable Suspicion and Articulable reasons.The real reason you have all these people"Activists",against this is because They really have always HATED THE POLICE.Theats really their underlying reason.Gov.Brewer has showed some BACKBONE,something that McCain hasnt showed.

Comment

I am sure Arizona is just heart broken over this news.
          Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
          As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Kost View Post
            I am sure Arizona is just heart broken over this news.
            Yeah, but then Mexico would know all about Police Brutality, wouldn't they?

Mexico has all the oil wealth and other sources of revenue they need to solve their own problems, but the money is all controlled by the light-skinned upper class. They need a Revolution, a real one. Now that the safety-valve that a open border provides is going away, they know that they will have to start treating their people like Human beings or they will have serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
              Yeah, but then Mexico would know all about Police Brutality, wouldn't they?

Mexico has all the oil wealth and other sources of revenue they need to solve their own problems, but the money is all controlled by the light-skinned upper class. They need a Revolution, a real one. Now that the safety-valve that a open border provides is going away, they know that they will have to start treating their people like Human beings or they will have serious trouble.

I read an article earlier this year that many people were fearful of the 2010 because of the previous uprisings in Mexico in 1810 and 1910. Seems they are due for another one.
              Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
              As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

I read an article earlier this year that many people were fearful of the 2010 because of the previous uprisings in Mexico in 1810 and 1910. Seems they are due for another one.
                What's even worse is that almost a million people were killed the last time they had a revolution ... and most of them were innocent civilians

Comment

The Mexican president needs to stop worrying about Arizona.He's got enough to deal with on his side of the border.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    The Mexican president needs to stop worrying about Arizona.He's got enough to deal with on his side of the border.
                    We might also ask the Mexican President to explain why he takes that position of Arizona's law when Mexican laws and enforcement policues against illegals in Mexico are much more draconian.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      We might also ask the Mexican President to explain why he takes that position of Arizona's law when Mexican laws and enforcement policues against illegals in Mexico are much more draconian.
                      I don't think he would want to admit that we are the "high pressure blow-off valve" for his country.If the problems can't escape north across the border,he'll have to deal with them himself.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

How Does Mexico Treat It’s Illegal Aliens?
                        – The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?
                        – If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.
                        – Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).
                        – Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.
                        – Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.
                        Later - Tater
                        "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Except the people who would otherwise be driving such an uprising are living in the USA right now...
                          Later - Tater
                          "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Send Mexico the bill for the illegals and see how he feels about that.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              Send Mexico the bill for the illegals and see how he feels about that.
                              Spot freaking on!!!
                              Later - Tater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X