The Conflict between Great Britine and Argentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Conflict between Great Britine and Argentine

Argentine claims the British oil- bore-plattforms near the British Falkland islands. Therefore the British headcommand of the navy had send the atomic submarine HMS Sceptre to the Falklands io protect their plattforms against attacks of Argentine. The danger of a new Falkland War between Great Britain and Argentine is now comeing up. A widow of an British army captain is still processing against the British goverment, because her husband was killed during an attack of his battleunit to a military Argentine position in the last Falkland War. She believes, that the death of her husband was caused by the BBC-broadcast, which had announced the attack before it took place. The reports about war happenings is often dangerous for the fighting units, because their enemies also listen to them.

The most imbisilic of these types of broadcast was done by the president and Commander - In - Chief of the USA. Lyndon Baines Johnson. He announced over a nationwide TV broadcast that our jets were going to bomb Hanoi which they had not be permitted to do before, a full hour before the bombing began. Well, another Democratic liberal moron in the White House, what did you expect?
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by casanova View Post
      Argentine claims the British oil- bore-plattforms near the British Falkland islands. Therefore the British headcommand of the navy had send the atomic submarine HMS Sceptre to the Falklands io protect their plattforms against attacks of Argentine. The danger of a new Falkland War between Great Britain and Argentine is now comeing up. A widow of an British army captain is still processing against the British goverment, because her husband was killed during an attack of his battleunit to a military Argentine position in the last Falkland War. She believes, that the death of her husband was caused by the BBC-broadcast, which had announced the attack before it took place. The reports about war happenings is often dangerous for the fighting units, because their enemies also listen to them.
      Interesting I would like to see how this one comes out. I think we need to go back to the WW2 model in which we get reports after the battle not before and during. I know against Iraq it might not of mattered but I remeber the one news cast showing tanks trying to cross a bridge. Nothing better than having someone else get intel for you.

Comment

The BBC did the same thing in 1942 by announcing that Tobruk was unable to be held which - as you can imagine - did wonders for the morale of the troop there.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
          The BBC did the same thing in 1942 by announcing that Tobruk was unable to be held which - as you can imagine - did wonders for the morale of the troop there.
          Ok how about WW1 standards

Comment

In this case though I'm pretty sure the UK government were just fine with the Argentinian government knowing we've got a sub loitering around there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
              Prawn heads
              by Karri
              How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
              Today, 11:40
            • Jose50
              Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
              by Jose50
              Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
              Today, 08:41
            • Von Richter
              Sagittarius Rising...
              by Von Richter
              Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
              Today, 01:19
            Working...
            X