Rain forest slash & burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain forest slash & burn

Anyone here concerned about the rather cavalier attitude being taken by the Brazilian president and government toward the current raging inferno once known as the Amazon rain forest? Seems that he's more concerned about an imagined slight from French president Macron being apologized for before he accepts any help from nations willing to send trained firefighters and equipment to his country in an effort to save the planet's lungs.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

I'm rather surprised no one suggested it was Muslims that set it in on fire

I found his comment that being on fire was the "natural state of being" of the rain forest pretty funny…..
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      Anyone here concerned about the rather cavalier attitude being taken by the Brazilian president and government toward the current raging inferno once known as the Amazon rain forest? Seems that he's more concerned about an imagined slight from French president Macron being apologized for before he accepts any help from nations willing to send trained firefighters and equipment to his country in an effort to save the planet's lungs.
      Colorado's aerial super tanker is already there. I do wonder who is paying for it.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        I'm rather surprised no one suggested it was Muslims that set it in on fire

I found his comment that being on fire was the "natural state of being" of the rain forest pretty funny…..
        But true, nonetheless. Between natural events during the dry season and slash-and-burn agriculture, the forest of always on fire somewhere.

Comment

The problem is that the Brazilian government really can't stop it. The major cause of this is slash and burn agriculture by the poor and squatters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            But true, nonetheless. Between natural events during the dry season and slash-and-burn agriculture, the forest of always on fire somewhere.
            Well the best jokes are grounded in reality

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

This is the problem, not this:

That is, squatters, slash and burn agriculture by the poor, illegal logging, illegal mining are what's killing the Amazon, not properly practiced sustainable logging and mining by big corporations who don't want bad reputations.

Comment

Colorado's aerial super tanker is already there. I do wonder who is paying for it.

During the G7, Trump offered assistance to Brazil.
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

During the G7, Trump offered assistance to Brazil.
                  So Trump is paying for it out of his pocket, our out of ours?

Comment

Do you wonder when Australia and even Mexico sends firefighters to the US who is paying for it? While the Amazon is Mostly in Brasil fire fires are imo, a world concern.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X