Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico elections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Some of the new guy's proposals:

    Lower (substantially) the pay of many top government officials. That's likely to engender good things...

    Legalize the drug trade and industry. That's likely to go over like a lead balloon with the US government.

    Make Mexico agriculturally self-sufficient. If the above occurs, then there is likely to be a glut of marijuana and poppies, but I doubt corn production will increase...

    He hasn't proposed anything to end the civil war in Southern Mexico with the Zapatistas. That's not going to help.

    On the whole, it's sounding like this guy is going to screw things up worse than they are.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Mexico got a Leftist Socialist as president. Maybe he'll do to Mexico what Chavez and Maduro did to Venezuela...
      Didn't your chief idiot ( sorry..Genius) in charge of US policy tweek something the other day of invading Venezuela. ??...Oh! good its Friday lets start a war some place....

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bow View Post

        Didn't your chief idiot ( sorry..Genius) in charge of US policy tweek something the other day of invading Venezuela. ??...Oh! good its Friday lets start a war some place....

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Some of the new guy's proposals:

          Lower (substantially) the pay of many top government officials. That's likely to engender good things...

          Legalize the drug trade and industry. That's likely to go over like a lead balloon with the US government.

          Make Mexico agriculturally self-sufficient. If the above occurs, then there is likely to be a glut of marijuana and poppies, but I doubt corn production will increase...

          He hasn't proposed anything to end the civil war in Southern Mexico with the Zapatistas. That's not going to help.

          On the whole, it's sounding like this guy is going to screw things up worse than they are.
          Will poppies grow in Mexico?

          They are producing the bulk of the meth consumed in the US.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

            Will poppies grow in Mexico?

            They are producing the bulk of the meth consumed in the US.
            Yep. Cocoa too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

              Yep. Cocoa too.
              Great.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #22
                Potatoes too.
                You can have as much bias as yo are prepared to pay for.

                Comment


                • #23
                  And canceling helicopter orders:
                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1K1332
                  You can have as much bias as yo are prepared to pay for.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X