When guests start to over stay their welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When guests start to over stay their welcome

Could Ecuador be beginning to get tired of their Aussi guest?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43573694
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    ...Could Ecuador be beginning to get tired of their Aussi guest?...
    Let's hope so.

Comment

The little twit, who is an non-state enemy of the United States, should be in prison.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        The little twit, who is an non-state enemy of the United States, should be in prison.
        Effectively he is and the Ecuadorian government is picking up the tab! Indeed I suspect there are official jails he'd be more comfortable in!
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Apparently he's a stinky guest as well.

Staff at the Ecuadoran Embassy in London grew tired of whiffing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who reportedly does not attend to his own personal hygiene.
          It’s that lack of cleanliness, among other things, that fueled Ecuador’s recent attempts to end his five-year standoff at the Knightsbridge embassy, the International Business Times reported.
          “It seems he doesn’t wash properly,” a “well-placed” source told the news outlet, noting the issue has prompted repeated complaints from staff at the embassy.
          Assange reportedly complained of noise from a loading bay near his hideout, which resulted in a female restroom being converted into a bedroom for him. The move left Assange sharing a single restroom with embassy staff.
          And it’s not the first time people around him have complained of Assange’s questionable hygiene practices.

https://www.sfgate.com/world/article...r-12495042.php

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

All the Ecuadorians have to do is:

A) Send a Diplomatic Packet the size of a quad-con from their embassy onto a ship to anywhere, then he can be someone else's problem and they can legitimately say that they didn't turn him over. Once the packet arrives at it's destination it can be terminated as a packet and he can either be turned loose by that nation or arrested and extradited to Britain.

B) Kick him out the front door and say that 5 years was more than enough time for their due diligence and forebearance. I doubt anyone would hold them at fault after providing 5 years of asylum in the embassy. And I'm sure the local bobbies would assist him from their front stoop.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Assange has been holed up in the Ecu embassy for 6 years, is he planning to stay there for the rest of his life or what?
              Perhaps it's like the Ritz in there with excellent food, nice private room, and a supply of women sent in for him?
              For two pins I think I'd ask for asylum there too..

Comment

What happens in dark shall come to light... Unless we throw stones at those brave enough to lift the veil.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X