Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venezuela - getting worse all the time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Trimming the misguided hyperbole, false assumptions and straw men to save time.

    Originally posted by GRA View Post
    Enlighten me on what majority WANTS "limitations" on the 2nd. Amendment
    The millions that have voted in the Democrats and Republicans for the past four or five generations. Hence why their representatives have imposed and supported such limitations.

    If you want, you could post a list of Republican politicians who have supported the removal of restrictions on the ownership and sales of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, along with missile technology, armored vehicles, and other assorted military gear.

    I'll tell you what ... LET'S TAKE THAT VOTE AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ... YOU UP FOR THAT OR WHAT ... ???
    I'm all for it. I believe Saudi-supported mosques preaching the destruction of the United States should be allowed to legally purchase nuclear weapons as long as the owners are legal citizens - but that's because I believe in the constitution. How many of this hypothetical majority mentioned before would do the same?

    Again ... this is simply YOUR OPINION.
    Just because you disagree with a quantifiable and verifies observation doesn't make it an opinion.

    Too many others don't agree with you and your favorite POTUS, THE ANOINTED ONE, just spent 8 years proving that (LOL).
    So which major political party / majority of Americans have begun arguing for the legalization of WMDs for the general public?

    Also, your inability to understand context or read the political beliefs of others undercuts your claims about representing a majority of Americans. If you can't even grasp what I believe, I don't have great hope for you doing so correctly for millions of other Americans.

    Ownership of full-auto weapons is not "competing with the state" but it's common sense to help secure preserve what IS a free state.
    You can have 10,000 automatic weapons, and I'll take just 100 nuclear weapons (and related delivery systems). My rock beats your scissors.

    So again, the whimpering about automatics is as useful to preserving the power of the people like fighting over what type of wood you want in your stock. As long as the government retains such an overwhelming balance of power against the citizenry, no number of automatic weapons will affect the outcome.

    And I trimmed off the last bit because, again, it doesn't address my actual points in lieu of straw men, stock arguments and more false assumptions.

    If you believe automatic weapons are all that are needed to protect the people from "all enemies, foreign and domestic" then more power to you. I for one don't believe in such unconstitutional limits on the people that would curtail the 2nd amendment to simple small arms - quibbling over automatic rifles when the state still monopolizes weapons that can obliterate whole cities is frightfully pointless.

    Though plenty of Americans do have their Red Dawn fantasies.

    Still, getting back to Venezuela: as long as the people are at a disproportionate disadvantage, the people will suffer government mismanagement.

    Comment


    • #77
      And folks ... as we were once saying about the utopia of Venezuela ??? (LOL)

      Comment


      • #78
        My neighbor is a young man who came to the US from Venezuela on a athletic scholarship to play baseball and now works for New York Life Insurance.
        The last time he went home to visit family he was robbed at gun point for his cellphone.
        We have talked many times about what is going on there, it has nothing to do with the price of crude oil, the nation has been circling the drain a long time before crude prices fell.
        Socialism, corruption and crime are driving it and according to him it will not end well. He is convinced there will be a bloody fight to overthrow the existing government.
        Last edited by Urban hermit; 25 Jun 17, 18:34.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          Socialism, corruption and crime are driving it and according to him it will not end well. He is convinced there will be a bloody fight to overthrow the existing government.
          I have to agree with you 100% that these are almost always the driving forces behind civil wars and revolutions. Domination and control are always the goals of the most paranoid and corrupted dictators and political monsters.

          I also agree that it will definitely not end well at all and most likely only after a significant amount of casualties, both innocent and otherwise.

          Very sad indeed.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by GRA View Post
            And folks ... as we were once saying about the utopia of Venezuela ??? (LOL)
            Must be time for Danny Glover or that weirdo that married Madonna to go down there and save the day.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

            -Captain Jack

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Must be time for Danny Glover or that weirdo that married Madonna to go down there and save the day.

              Comment


              • #82
                Which weirdo? She has had several husbands.

                Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Which weirdo? She has had several husbands.

                  Pruitt
                  I think he's referring to the tall mutual-colored fruity one that retired from pro basketball and visits that fat little turd in North Korea every now and then.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Mad Max scenes....? is this true?
                    they steal from sugar trucks? sugar pirates? looks like Somalia

                    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Venezuela.html
                    Last edited by Moulin; 18 Jul 17, 07:23.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I was not surprised in the least when I first heard their present guvmint had forced confiscation of all privately owned firearms only to redistribute them to those loyal to the ruinous regime ... (sounds like what I was expecting the Anointed One and/or the Hillary regimes to try eventually).

                      Nothing that happens there will surprise me now.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        what will happen? civil war? new government without a major war?
                        http://abcnews.go.com/International/...wdown-48739478

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                          what will happen? civil war? new government without a major war?
                          http://abcnews.go.com/International/...wdown-48739478
                          There are really two possible outcomes, based on historical examples of Leftist Socialist nations:

                          1. The economy totally collapses and people pretty much all are fed up with the government so they overthrow it and force elections putting in a more Western European style government, maybe even a really Democratic / Capitalist one. And Socialism dies.

                          2. The head of the Socialist government declares himself dictator for life (using some euphemism of course) and does a major crackdown on opposition, shooting it, setting up labor camps (eg., political prisons), etc. He then closes the borders and erects border controls to keep the people in (saying of course this is being done to keep the evil Capitalists and opponents of the Revolution out) and Venezuela becomes the latest "People's Paradise" like Cuba or North Korea.

                          In #2, the problem is Venezuela is heavily dependent on oil exports and that sort of state would have few options for trade. North Korea would be hard to ship oil to. Cuba can't pay for it. Iran doesn't need it...

                          I suspect option 1 will occur within two years at the rate Venezuela is collapsing.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            There are really two possible outcomes, based on historical examples of Leftist Socialist nations:

                            1. The economy totally collapses and people pretty much all are fed up with the government so they overthrow it and force elections putting in a more Western European style government, maybe even a really Democratic / Capitalist one. And Socialism dies.

                            2. The head of the Socialist government declares himself dictator for life (using some euphemism of course) and does a major crackdown on opposition, shooting it, setting up labor camps (eg., political prisons), etc. He then closes the borders and erects border controls to keep the people in (saying of course this is being done to keep the evil Capitalists and opponents of the Revolution out) and Venezuela becomes the latest "People's Paradise" like Cuba or North Korea.

                            In #2, the problem is Venezuela is heavily dependent on oil exports and that sort of state would have few options for trade. North Korea would be hard to ship oil to. Cuba can't pay for it. Iran doesn't need it...

                            I suspect option 1 will occur within two years at the rate Venezuela is collapsing.
                            Cuba didn't go democratic....I wouldn't think their culture is ready or can go Democratic at this time, can they?.....to much turmoil...?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                              Cuba didn't go democratic....I wouldn't think their culture is ready or can go Democratic at this time, can they?.....to much turmoil...?
                              Cuba went with option 2, like North Korea...

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                Cuba went with option 2, like North Korea...
                                roger that

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X