Obama lands in Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Unfortunately, the likelihood is that this will extend the reign of repression and Communist economy by the Cuban government long after the Castro brothers die. The economic boost and influx of new cash will allow the government to better withstand a collapse and keep things as they are.

But, then, that may be what Obama really wants to happen... I certainly wouldn't put it beyond him.
    This is pretty much my point of view, Obama basically threw the Cuban Communist Party a lifeline and will allow their regime to survive beyond the Castro brothers. We will have an anti-American regime present in Havana indefinitely, always poking us with a stick and otherwise antagonizing us as they continue prop up allied anti-American regimes in Venezuela, Ecuador, Nicaragua, etc. Obama has basically given the Cubans EVERYTHING they wanted without a single concession in return. Congratulations Obama, "The Revolution" will go on indefinitely

That said, as much as I despise Obama I found it rather humiliating that Raul Castro did not greet him at the airport. He meets the Pope on the tarmac but he sends a lackey to greet Obama? That's not right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
      This is pretty much my point of view, Obama basically threw the Cuban Communist Party a lifeline and will allow their regime to survive beyond the Castro brothers. We will have an anti-American regime present in Havana indefinitely, always poking us with a stick and otherwise antagonizing us as they continue prop up allied anti-American regimes in Venezuela, Ecuador, Nicaragua, etc. Obama has basically given the Cubans EVERYTHING they wanted without a single concession in return. Congratulations Obama, "The Revolution" will go on indefinitely

That said, as much as I despise Obama I found it rather humiliating that Raul Castro did not greet him at the airport. He meets the Pope on the tarmac but he sends a lackey to greet Obama? That's not right at all.
      Raul sent a lackey to meet a lackey... What's wrong with that?

Comment

Would I be out of line if I wished he were kidnapped and held for ransom?
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
          No, we all have had that secret desire...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Only if we send them Hilary as well!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Unfortunately, the likelihood is that this will extend the reign of repression and Communist economy by the Cuban government long after the Castro brothers die. The economic boost and influx of new cash will allow the government to better withstand a collapse and keep things as they are.

But, then, that may be what Obama really wants to happen... I certainly wouldn't put it beyond him.
              Yes unfortunately that's the most likely outcome and Obama does like to and make excuse all the anti-American,anti-Western opposition in the world then he wouldn't be a good leftie,liberal if he didn't.

Comment

Castro had my friend's dad assassinated. I'll never be objective. Why President Obama would throw a lifeline to that family is beyond me, but I'm being willfully ignorant and hateful. If this is how he's ramping up to exit 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, I'm a little concerned about what's next. It can't be good. Some days I think he just hates us.

Comment

Originally posted by Prospekt Mira View Post
                  Actually russians are not really liked in Cuba. Something to do with the fact the russia hasn't being paying thier yearly tribute since the ussr collapsed.
                  Argentina picked up the slack but with the collapse of their economy, the Castro regime was about to topple for the lack of commie funding until that idiot Obama screw things up when we had Cuba by the balls.

We're broke and have no money to waste ransoming for an hater of America.

He poses for a picture in front of a giant portrait of Che and then listened to Raul lecture him about the sins of America. Let that disgrace stay in the utopia that he so long craved for.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Let's all say hello to the Cuba as we knew it !
                    Ciao ciao !
                    Welcome to the low cost touristic paradise made in Usa ,that will turn back your island to the Las Vegas of the Caribbean's.
                    A big Costa cruisers ship .
                    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                      Castro had my friend's dad assassinated. I'll never be objective. Why President Obama would throw a lifeline to that family is beyond me, but I'm being willfully ignorant and hateful. If this is how he's ramping up to exit 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, I'm a little concerned about what's next. It can't be good. Some days I think he just hates us.

Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends? Abraham Lincoln
                      Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...lincoln_5.html
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I am convinced he is going to go behind Congress's back and 'return' Guantanamo Bay ... something that falls under the purview of the Territorial Clause (the domain of Congress) and not the president. I am betting he will make the announcement before his return to the US.

His limp wrist when Raul held his arm up was quite telling. He is a sellout. This sort of weakness is exactly what is fueling the rise of Trump. People are tired of seeing the United States be bullied by 3rd world tinpot dictators.

Comment

I am convinced he is going to go behind Congress's back and 'return' Guantanamo Bay ... something that falls under the purview of the Territorial Clause (the domain of Congress) and not the president. I am betting he will make the announcement before his return to the US.

His limp wrist when Raul held his arm up was quite telling. He is a sellout. This sort of weakness is exactly what is fueling the rise of Trump. People are tired of seeing the United States be bullied by 3rd world tinpot dictators.
                          Raul called for it, but the President's moved on to Argentina without addressing it. That's a good sign. I hope you're wrong, but share similar concerns. The bombings in Brussels and today's arrest of a man who was planning more terrorist acts in France may alter any plans he had.

Comment

The bombings in Brussels and today's arrest of a man who was planning more terrorist acts in France may alter any plans he had.
                            I think you are on to something here, bad thing happening all over the world during his tenure have kept him occupied and have prevented him from doing even more damage to our country with his agenda to fundamentally change our Nation.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

wy can't he remain in Cuba ?

Comment

I bet a lot of people would pay a lot of money for the Cubans to hold him .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X