Argentina: Navy sinks Chinese boat fishing illegally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argentina: Navy sinks Chinese boat fishing illegally

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) Argentina's navy announced Tuesday that it used gunfire to sink a boat Chinese-flagged boat [sic - DoD] that was fishing illegally in national waters.

China's government said it expressed its serious concern to Argentina and called for an investigation

The navy statement said the boat was intercepted Monday off the coast of Puerto Madryn, about 907 miles (1,460 kilometers) south of Buenos Aires.
    AP - Full Article

cant belief I am saying this. But Bravo Zulu Argies
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

The Chinese really seem to enjoy the ramming tactic, at sea and in the air. (and on the road)

This just in, the Chinese have announced construction of a new island off the coast of Puerto Madryn.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Hmm... Some of the news outlets here reported that the event had taken place in the Argentinian EEZ, not in the national waters. I find it hard to believe that a fishing vessel would venture inside the limit of the national waters (i.e. 12 nm).
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Amazed that the Argies have a ship capable of sinking a fishing boat.....
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
            Hmm... Some of the news outlets here reported that the event had taken place in the Argentinian EEZ, not in the national waters. I find it hard to believe that a fishing vessel would venture inside the limit of the national waters (i.e. 12 nm).
            Does not bother me. Those guys deserve to be shot and sunk on the high seas.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              Hardly surprising IMO; when I visited my relatives and friends in Italy in 2014 the comments regarding China were not exactly positive. My buddies were really put off by the cheek of Chinese merchants selling fake Murano glass in Venice. Good on Argentina, there is no need to put up with that sort of baloney.
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Good for Argentina!

I wonder how long it will take our faux-US poster to show up and start blaming the USA...
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                  Amazed that the Argies have a ship capable of sinking a fishing boat.....
                  They just paid off the pawn ticket on it...

Comment

More importantly how far was the ship from British waters? Would be very concerned if the ship was sunk in the Falklands fishery zone.
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Bout time someone did it; those guys are out-of-control. Now, if only, the local fishermen could be convinced to not overfish for the insatiable Asian market......
                      Last edited by boomer400; 16 Mar 16, 18:57.

Comment

I wonder how incoming Argentine President Mauricio Macri will handle this moving forward. His predecessor Cristina Fernandez did nothing to discourage it.

Argentina 1
                        China 0
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          They just paid off the pawn ticket on it...
                          Given that it was on a fishery patrol don't you mean prawn ticket?
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            Given that it was on a fishery patrol don't you mean prawn ticket?

Comment

The article mentioned a second Chinese boat in the area picked up most of the ship's crew. Was it also a fishing boat and if so why was it this area?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X