Mexico Now Receives More Dollars From Migrants Than From Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico Now Receives More Dollars From Migrants Than From Oil

Mexico received more money from migrants abroad last year than it got from selling its oil. But while some see this as a sign of future dynamism, others say it highlights fundamental weakness about the domestic economy.

According to Mexico's central bank, remittances from Mexican workers in other countries — who are overwhelmingly located in the United States — totaled $24,770 billion dollars in 2015. This was $1.3 billion dollars more than the income from Mexican oil sales which totaled $23,432 billion dollars according to the state oil company Pemex.

Remittances have never been higher than oil revenues since they first began to be counted as foreign income in 1995, and the new state of affairs reflects consistent rises in the amount of money sent home as well as the fall in oil prices.
    Vice - Full Article

Is this not in the wrong secstio. Mexico is north America.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      Is this not in the wrong secstio. Mexico is north America.
      No.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Andrewza, Mexico is undeniably one of Latin America's powerhouses in terms of population, culture (a major source of Spanish language books, television, and once upon a time, cinema), and economy (even when it's down). But yes, geographically it is in North America.

I only object when the uneducated among us place it in Central or South America, though Augustin Iturbide had grand dreams of an Empire extending down there, rather than going north. Were we dealing with Native American culture and history, or geology and similar scientific matters, it would certainly have a place on any North American forum.
        dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

So this should be in the North America sub forum. I mean most Mexicans sending money back are working in the USA.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Actually, Mexico receives the bulk of its foreign income from the sale of illegal drugs.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X