Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Penn...double ought agent...

Has Sean Penn gone to work for the DEA?
    Isn't it amazing that he was able to 'find' El Chapo in his 'hideout' and interview him for an upcoming made-for-tv movie? How come the Mexican authorities couldn't have done that?HMMMMM...methinks there's a rotten something in Den...er, I mean, Mexico City.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Could it be possible that Penn, Kate del Castillo or whomever from Rolling Stone magazine might end up with some jail time?

My assumption would be if it goes there they will claim journalistic immunity from prosecution. How easy would it be for someone like Penn to get the proper credentials (if he even did)?

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
      Could it be possible that Penn, Kate del Castillo or whomever from Rolling Stone magazine might end up with some jail time?

My assumption would be if it goes there they will claim journalistic immunity from prosecution. How easy would it be for someone like Penn to get the proper credentials (if he even did)?
      Penn should be more worried about the Cartel. If they think he snitched then he's a dead man

Comment

Credentials as a journalist? Extremely easy.

As to finding El Chapo, its easy to find him if he wants to be found.

Notice he only speaks to people too famous to anything but who they are.

Although my faith in the Mexican authorities is low. But not completely gone-if they cartels feel the need to assassinate government officials and police officers they obviously don't have complete control.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by History fan View Post
          Penn should be more worried about the Cartel. If they think he snitched then he's a dead man
          Yeah if he snitched then in his next picture Penn's starring role will be as a chalk outline.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Credentials as a journalist? Extremely easy.
            That's what I thought might be the case. I guess technically as soon as Rolling Stone 'assigned' him to the story then they felt he was a journalist and would have immunity.

Penn always gave me the impression that he thought he was an actor with an 'edge' and this is part of that dillusion.

Comment

That's what I thought might be the case. I guess technically as soon as Rolling Stone 'assigned' him to the story then they felt he was a journalist and would have immunity.

Penn always gave me the impression that he thought he was an actor with an 'edge' and this is part of that dillusion.
              Pretty much.

He was wandering around New Orleans after Katrina lugging a shotgun and giving interviews.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Simply a case of one hyper inflated ego being interviewed by another hyper inflated ego
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Simply a case of one hyper inflated ego being interviewed by another hyper inflated ego
                  Exactly. Although I think Penn is a great actor, he's a total douchebag in real life. It wouldn't bother me one bit if El Chapo's boys, the Feds or the Federales got their hands on him.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Yeah if he snitched then in his next picture Penn's starring role will be as a chalk outline.
                    Now that's a Penn performance I would pay to see.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

How do you draw an outline on the surface of the water?
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        How do you draw an outline on the surface of the water?
                        Can't be too hard. Police Squad figured it out.

"Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Coming to a theatre ...

... near you!

"I am Groot"
                          - Groot

Comment

Penn is apparently feeling regretful over the whole affair !

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016...mment-66822111

I take it to be translated as saying "please don't let my best pals mates kill me"

Comment

My wife and I LOVE shaun as an actor. We never miss a film of his, good or bad.

the fact that he ditched Madonna won lots of respect in this house.

Or Ciccone might have ditched him. I don't care really how it was.

Shaun Penn is close to our mutual favourite. My wife cried and cried during "I Am Sam".

We would personally be mortified if he ended up in prison.

And further, actors need big egos.

they aren't qualified to do anything else! You've got to have a laege sense of your own self worth to stand in front of a camera and make people cry. Or cry on cue, always the hardest 'ask' of any actor. The ones that cannot cry on cue are obvious. The screw their faces up and make moaning noises, or bury their face in their hands. the director has to yell "CUT", and call for the eye-dropper!
                              My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                              GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                              Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X