Nazi Lair Found In Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazi Lair Found In Argentina

The aging cardboard passport used by Adolf Eichmann, a high-ranking Nazi who escaped to Argentina after World War II, is shown in Buenos Aires. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko)

As the Nazis began to suffer battlefield reverses in World War II, they secretly began building a network of hideouts so remote that one of them has only just been discovered, according to archaeologists in Argentina.
    A University of Buenos Aires team says it believes three ruined stone buildings in a jungle area near the border with Paraguay formed a lair that Nazi leaders planned to escape to in the event of defeat, the Telegraph reports.
    They say that after months of exploring the site, which they had to cut their way to with machetes, they've found items including Nazi-era German coins, "Made in Germany" porcelain, and Nazi symbols on the walls.
    The site, in a location that would make it easy to slip across the border from Argentina to Paraguay, "is a defensible site, a protected site, an inaccessible place, a place to live in peace, a place of refuge," the lead researcher tells Argentina's Clarin newspaper.
    "And I think what we find is a place of refuge for the Nazi hierarchy." But, as the Telegraph notes, Nazis who made it to Argentina didn't need to hide deep in the jungle: After the war, President Juan Peron allowed the country to become a haven for thousands of Nazis and officials from other defeated fascist regimes.
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/...eep-in-jungle/

Part of "De Spinne" network...?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Argentina would have done much better if they had imported Jews not Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
      Why do you say that. All the good Jews where trying to forge a country. And America did well with there Nazis in all kind of fields.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
        Why do you say that. All the good Jews where trying to forge a country.
        I meant in the 30's

And America did well with there Nazis in all kind of fields.
        Did they, or did they just get good press?

Comment

NASA enjoyed a lot of support from ex Nazis.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
            NASA enjoyed a lot of support from ex Nazis.

Yes, the likes of von Braun were really war criminals, but with the onset of the Cold War it was a case of 'needs must when the Devil drives'. The Soviets pretty much did the same thing with the German scientists they managed to bag.

Comment

I knew a Jewish woman who had emigrated to Argentina after the war. Later she moved to Brooklyn, and I got to know her in the 1970s. She was fluent in a number of languages, educated as a teacher, if I recall correctly. As a young boy I found her worldly and quite fascinating, but there was also a real sadness about her. She had lost her husband and son in the Final Solution (later my mother explained that that was why she doted on me: I reminded her of her son. ) In her old age she grew reluctant to leave her apartment for fear that the Gestapo were outside waiting for her. She was a great lady who deserved a better fate than that.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Andrewza, So did the Soviets. I note you stated that NASA "received a lot of support from ex-Nazis" rather than "received support from lots of ex-Nazis", which in Von Braun alone is probably a fair statement. (Ditto for the Soviets, though I believe they ended up with the larger lot). Oskar Schindler was a Nazi, then an ex-Nazi, and look where he's buried. I don't mean to imply that there were many more like him, just that sometimes one has to be careful when applying the brush...

You own country was once cited for having former Nazis in the Defence Industry. I've no idea of whether that was true or not.
                dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                  Andrewza, So did the Soviets. I note you stated that NASA "received a lot of support from ex-Nazis" rather than "received support from lots of ex-Nazis", which in Von Braun alone is probably a fair statement. (Ditto for the Soviets, though I believe they ended up with the larger lot). Oskar Schindler was a Nazi, then an ex-Nazi, and look where he's buried. I don't mean to imply that there were many more like him, just that sometimes one has to be careful when applying the brush...

You own country was once cited for having former Nazis in the Defence Industry. I've no idea of whether that was true or not.

Well the number of Nazi in the ussr may be higher. But there space program was run by a local.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Korolev

We where prety close to Germany before the war and many wanted to join the axis. So it would not shock me.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Actually Argentina has one of the largest Jewish populations outside of Israel itself.
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

interesting,and how about whole states in Europe? which embrace nacism and actual were backed by those who lost so much vs that nazis?
                      top of my head maybe Croatia
                      then one or both eyes shut on Ukrainian right sector?
                      ?strange very strange

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                        Actually Argentina has one of the largest Jewish populations outside of Israel itself.
                        You're right, 5th largest Jewish population outside Israel.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_...ion_by_country

I wonder how they and the Argie Nazis get on

Comment

Maybe their kids go to the same private schools?

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Maybe their kids go to the same private schools?

Pruitt
                            And play Rugby and Polo together?

Comment

Of even greater importance ...

You're right, 5th largest Jewish population outside Israel.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_...ion_by_country

I wonder how they and the Argie Nazis get on

... the current Jewish population figures don't reflect just survivors of the Final Solution, there was already a significant Jewish population in Argentina before WWII i.e. well BEFORE the Nazis arrived. Argentina accepted some 64,000 of the quarter million German Jews that left Germany during the "Second Solution" emigration from 1933 until the start of the war in 1939; only the US accepted more (100,000), the UK was 3rd (52,000), Palestine 4th (33,000). The Argentina of this pre-Peron period gets a bad rap, the War Trade agreement worked out between Britain and Argentina was the model Britain used for all others; Argentina was more Nationalist, Anti-American, and Neutral, than Pro-Nazi.
                              Last edited by Marmat; 03 Apr 15, 18:50.
                              "I am Groot"
                              - Groot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X