Top Gear run out of Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear run out of Argentina

The car show Top Gear and their BBC crew was run out of Argentina in a recently aired special. The special ended with the show's hosts and crew being pelted with stones and such in a massive riot in Patagonia.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d...nia-special_tv

Seems that some factions in Argentina aren't quite over losing the Falklands / Malvinas war...

This is absurd, when are the Argies going to get over it already?

This is like if the United States claimed the Bahamas just because it is next to Florida ...

Comment

Old news. I think this was already run here at ACG about two weeks ago. But then...so what if Top Gear got ran out of some place, like TV programing?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        The car show Top Gear and their BBC crew was run out of Argentina in a recently aired special. The special ended with the show's hosts and crew being pelted with stones and such in a massive riot in Patagonia.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d...nia-special_tv

Seems that some factions in Argentina aren't quite over losing the Falklands / Malvinas war...

I saw that episode. It didn't help that one of the license plates end FLK which apparently means Falklands to the Argies.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Technically, they were run out of Tierra Del Fuego. While they were in Argentina proper, they had no problems. But, we know the Argies are just a bunch of sore losers

My biggest gripe is that they kept referring to the General Belgrano as a battleship. Even May did that, and he's supposed to be an "expert" of military hardware. Whatever.

Actually, that's not my biggest gripe. Ruining that beautiful Mustang is my biggest gripe. Especially since I'm looking for that exact year and model at this time.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

They are a bunch of French bashers a..holes,and US cars bashers also,sarcasms all the way in every episode.
            I keep on laughing when I remember they lost their driving licenses on a French highway,notorious or not ,the law is the same for them and us.
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              They are a bunch of French bashers a..holes,and US cars bashers also,sarcasms all the way in every episode.
              I keep on laughing when I remember they lost their driving licenses on a French highway,notorious or not ,the law is the same for them and us.
              But every body bashes the French.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                But every body bashes the French.
                Suuure..
                But Clarkson is the ugliest one

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I saw that episode. It didn't help that one of the license plates end FLK which apparently means Falklands to the Argies.
                  Shouldn't that have been MLV?

Comment

Too bad, tough love. Big deal. They do have their right to their own opinions. Clarkson isn't easy on the US, but I'm not easy on the UK. They're also hard on themselves and the UK. No one is safe, and that's okay. And yes, they are sarcastic...they're supposed to be, it's not a serious documentary on cars. Just some old guys that know their cars and have a love for what they do and try to have fun with it.

Yeah, that was funny. But so what?
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

You're right:who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                        Technically, they were run out of Tierra Del Fuego. While they were in Argentina proper, they had no problems. But, we know the Argies are just a bunch of sore losers

My biggest gripe is that they kept referring to the General Belgrano as a battleship. Even May did that, and he's supposed to be an "expert" of military hardware. Whatever.

Actually, that's not my biggest gripe. Ruining that beautiful Mustang is my biggest gripe. Especially since I'm looking for that exact year and model at this time.
                        That's Funny! you used Beautiful and Mustang in the same sentence.
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                          That's Funny! you used Beautiful and Mustang in the same sentence.
                          Hey! Yes I did, and I will continue to do so. Unless it's some later versions of them. Then I won't.

To even things out, I never use beautiful and Spitfire in the same sentence.

Can of worms opened...

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                            Hey! Yes I did, and I will continue to do so. Unless it's some later versions of them. Then I won't.

To even things out, I never use beautiful and Spitfire in the same sentence.

Can of worms opened...
                            I won't bash Fords. I'm a parts guy by trade. I love Fords.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Suuure..
                              But Clarkson is the ugliest one
                              I'm pretty sure Clarkson would make an excellent Frenchman, if he'd only embrace his inner beret-wearing snail-eater. He'd love France, if he'd only let himself.

He did a series over a decade ago, "Meet the Neighbours", and the first installment featured France:
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...A2FDB3EFDC141E

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X