Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    As a para-legal, then, bring evidence.

Not speculation, not guesswork, not theroy, but real evidence. I'm not familiar with the Canadian criminal system, but what you're brought up wouldn't make it past the Grand Jury in the States. Forget the grainy movie, what did the autopsy reveal?
    Which version of the Autopsy? there's more than one

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The facts are as I've presented them: the heart of any conspiracy theroy, the fall guy, was loose & unattended for hours after the incident. Solve that one: why men clever enough to clip the President & get away with it would give the green light to the shooters while the keystone of the case was loose in the wind. this may be simplistic to you, but you get convictions on the simple stuff.
    Actually you've presented no facts or evidence at all. Oswald was apprehended for Tippett's shooting 80 minutes after the President's assassination. He had been seen in the 2nd floor lunchroom 90 seconds after the shooting, calm and composed, and cleared by the building Super...

So he managed to hide the rifle on the 6th floor and then get down to the second floor, grab a coke and be drinking it 90 seconds later. All based on witness accounts and warren commission findings... But you've already spoken about the unreliability of eye witnesses, and that's all that ties Oswald to Tippett's murder as well. But the cops found those witnesses to be dead accurate in their recall... what a wonderful rarity

Why was Oswald allowed to run loose? precisely because he was in his own words just a patsy. If he didn't pull the trigger why would he run? If he did pull the trigger why wouldn't he? and didn't he?

He went to his rooming house and then waited for a bus minutes later. 10-12 minutes after that he ended up shooting Tippett .86 miles from the rooming house... This makes absolutely no sense if he's just shot the president a three quarters of an hour earlier.

Only 6 of the 13 witnesses identified Oswald as running from the scene of Tippetts murder, yet none of them actually saw him being shot. The other 7 said it wasn't Oswald... interesting, But as you've said eye witnesses are unreliable... apparently not for the Dallas Police or the Warren Commission...

So far, you've offered nothing but hearsay, assumption, and guesswork-standard defense team fare, but nothing that will convict.
    As to experience, lets not piddle with conspiracy cases, they're simple. Lets compare successful death penalty cases. Conviction and the full range of appeals, right to the needle. You want to pitch in the big leagues, you gotta hit the zone.
    This is one of the better discussions I've had on the subject. Usually I just see a rehash of Oliver's Stone's colorful drek.
    So you disdain conspiracy cases as being 'simple'. not a lot of experience with them hey? The other cases you're optioning to compare aren't relevant to this discussion. The mild insults I'm choosing to ignore.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• There are no insults intended, here or in any other post to you in this thread. Do not read any into this. I'm enjoying this discussion, but not at your expense.

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
      Which version of the Autopsy? there's more than one.
      You're not going to convict any conspirators if you start out impeaching your own evidence.

Yeah, I know. Which renders any debate of shot angle moot. Without a baseline, any speculation is just that.

Actually you've presented no facts or evidence at all. Oswald was apprehended for Tippett's shooting 80 minutes after the President's assassination. He had been seen in the 2nd floor lunchroom 90 seconds after the shooting, calm and composed, and cleared by the building Super...

So he managed to hide the rifle on the 6th floor and then get down to the second floor, grab a coke and be drinking it 90 seconds later. All based on witness accounts and warren commission findings... But you've already spoken about the unreliability of eye witnesses, and that's all that ties Oswald to Tippett's murder as well. But the cops found those witnesses to be dead accurate in their recall... what a wonderful rarity
      You forget the ballistics on Oswald's .38. Tippet is most certainly killed by Oswald. That autopsy & evidence aren't a mish-mash.

Why was Oswald allowed to run loose? precisely because he was in his own words just a patsy. If he didn't pull the trigger why would he run? If he did pull the trigger why wouldn't he? and didn't he?
      If he was OK to run, why kill him? If they needed to kill him, why let him run. It can't go both ways.

And the timeline of what he did is based solely on unreliable witnesses. What we know is he was at the book warehouse, he killed Tippets, and his capture.

Only 6 of the 13 witnesses identified Oswald as running from the scene of Tippetts murder, yet none of them actually saw him being shot. The other 7 said it wasn't Oswald... interesting, But as you've said eye witnesses are unreliable... apparently not for the Dallas Police or the Warren Commission...
      Good enough for a dead guy & a case that can bring zero glory & a lot of harm. This case had CYA written large across it. Do you use that phrase in Canada?

So you disdain conspiracy cases as being 'simple'. not a lot of experience with them hey? The other cases you're optioning to compare aren't relevant to this discussion. The mild insults I'm choosing to ignore.

Conspiracy cases are small change here. People kill each other, or at least make a spirited attempt. And in Texas, if you are part of a crime, you get charged with the whole crime. I think you are confusing terminology. Down here, conspiracy means planning & preparation, but no act committed. As I said, small change.

Lets make your conspiracy theory simple:

If you believe there was a conspiracy, who did it? This is a death penalty case in Texas. You have to name those you're accusing.

We have a lot of murders down here, some plain, some very complex. But generally, even if we can't prove it in a court of law, we (as the police) have a good idea who did it.

So who did JFK? Everyone has 'proof' of a conspiracy, but no one names names of who pulled the trigger, who spotted for the shooters, who gave the fire signal, who set the whole business up. Its always 'the Cubans' 'the CIA', etc.

Doesn't that strike you the least bit odd? You know how talk gets around. Certainly you must have defended or represented someone who was part of a group who was in the jackpot because one talked a bit too much and too carelessly?

Again, I am not nor have I ever meant to be insulting, directly or indirectly to you. I can't say I'm taking this terribly seriously, but its no reflection on you.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

After hours in custody. You don't want the patsy to live that long, in case he blurts out something useful.
        Again, plenty of information was controlled as we have seen. The FBI had good reason to suppress what he might say and they were there to do it. Considering that he brought his rifle there he was some part of this conspiracy, by my thinking. He has spent years with these Bannister types I would believe he is going to play the soldier and clam up, thinking he will be clever and find a way out of this. Of course the conspirators may have been planning on the shoot out with the police and resorted to Ruby as a back up. As you say, murder/life is not neat and tidy.

Absolutely not. Different rifles means different ballistics and proof of multpile shooters. You would need the shooters to have the exact models of rifle and ammunition, ere ugly facts surface in the autopsy.
        I think any amateur conspirator can count on how the autopsy will go down. It's not hard to figure that Dallas will not be allowed to perform the autopsy and if this plot has people with influence, as we see, the "federal" autopsy team, witnessed by too many, will not be the right people. We see that this autopsy was not thorough and comparison to Parklands doctors, who have ample experience with GSW's, shows us what happened to ballisitic wound evidence. As it were no bullets were dug out of either body and the limo was cleaned before a proper crime scene investigation could be done on it. Governor Conally went to the grave with enough bullet fragments in him to disprove the magic bullet theory, no force was ever great enough to call for those. To establish absolutely where a shooter was from a bullet wound angle (as in Gov. Conally's body) one has to know the exact position of the body when the bullet hits. Do we know exactly when the bullet hits. "exact models of rifles and ammunition"...where do you get that from? Why?

Its obvious: he did too many high profile things. There are countless nuts with lower profiles who would have served much better.
        First, we were discussing whether he would be considered a lone nut marxist and I think I have shown this. If you didn't know these things then you don't know enough about Oswald. Further, your assumption is that the high profile things were not part of the plan. If the conspirators want a war with Cuba then his background can work. The book Legend describes the use by the CIA of young men that were often sent to the USSR and other places to look a part. They would later be planted in an op with what was essentially a crafted biography.

The witnesses to the shooting and the body placement show the officer-to-suspect positioning of the classic ped stop. That is how you approach a suspect.
        I thought you didn't believe witnesses. Some said there were two men? The immediate police report from the scene by a police officer identified four spent casing from an automatic pistol. I can distinguish revolver cartridges from automatic pistol cartridges with my eyes closed...how about you? Btw, many of your witnesses reported three shots.

In short, NOT the way Tibbets would approach a known subject, as someone here suggested.
        You are saying that Tippit approached LHO, who matched the description that been given several times as the possible shooter in Dealey Plaza, without considering him to be the shooter. Why? How would this happen?

You set up a scenario to pin the killing on a guy, you would need to make sure that guy isn't in a car to Odessa when the green light is given.
        I think the problem here is that you want to make assumptions about this scenario that fit your view and I make them to fit mine. I say LHO was instructed to be there and bring his gun. Leaving was not an option.

You've seen the radio traffic logs, right?
        I have. As I said his description was out and there were many cars out. It was a pretty hectic day with cars being moved about and several descriptions of Oswald sent out.

No, I'm a police officer, have been since the 80s. Never seen missile impossible.
        You don't watch television because you are a police officer? I'm not sure I understand the connection. I am stating that you offer that murders are messy and conspiracies are neat and tidy yet there are many ways that the conspiracy theories are based on the messy aspects of the shooting.

Actually I have a good working knowledge based on training and experience on how a murder investigation is conducted. I can't help you understand, because its obvious you've already made up your mind.
        Do you call the work of the WC to be a good murder investigation? Look just at the testing with the rifle to see if the shooting was possible. Trained marksmen using a lower tower, firing at fixed targets, could not match Oswald's shooting. Is this a good murder investigation?
        John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Arthwys
          "Why was Oswald allowed to run loose? precisely because he was in his own words just a patsy. If he didn't pull the trigger why would he run? If he did pull the trigger why wouldn't he? and didn't he?"

If he was OK to run, why kill him? If they needed to kill him, why let him run. It can't go both ways.
          If you don't know the plan or the conspirator's thinking then it's not that easy to say what should have been. They may have been planning to get him out and something went wrong (one of those untidy life things) or they might have been intending to leave him to be caught, let him get anchored in the public eye as the shooter and the kill him to seal it up. No more discussion and anticipation that his history could either start a war they want or result in the cover up that it did.

Remember one thing, lying and conspiracy is as old as man himself. Governments are made of people and people will lie. Go as far back inhistory as you like and you will find lying and conspiracy...just ask Caesar. Again, if you don't know the plot you don't know how LHO fits in to it and whether he presented a danger dead or alive. If you don't know the conspirators and their thinking, faulty (or you might say untidy) as it might be, you don't know how to judge LHO's fate.
          John

Comment

• Originally posted by JBark View Post
            Do you call the work of the WC to be a good murder investigation? Look just at the testing with the rifle to see if the shooting was possible. Trained marksmen using a lower tower, firing at fixed targets, could not match Oswald's shooting. Is this a good murder investigation?
            The WC was a political expedient. Its sole purpose was to general a mass of data that, like the later committee, would leave those responsible with the ability to say 'that's what we said' no matter what came up later.

Its a political CYA.

It happens at every level of government down to local levels. I've done investigative summaries like that. You CYA, and cover your agency. Its not an investigation, its a dog & pony show.

So I really don't consider it. They screened nothing. Any idiot who wanted to claim he was at the plaza could come forward and say anything they liked.

"exact models of rifles and ammunition"...where do you get that from? Why?
            From investigations of shootings. You can track casings, projectiles, and impact damage. Its not a new science. One example: I worked a shooting where three different make & model 9mm handguns were used. They all loaded out of the same box of Federal ammunition, but we had no difficulty tracking who shot what and where.

When they set up the plan, the conspirators would have had to consider these factors. They would need the same model rifles, same lot of ammunition. Even so, there is a risk: even in '63 that would not have been enough to conceal different weapons. They should have used JHP, hoping for sufficient bullet deformation to render accurate measurement of the markings. Instead, they used FMJ, which in a light-weight high-velocity round will be much less likely to deform.

That was why I suggested one selective fire weapon. Don't dick around with multiple shooters. They were easy to come by in '63, almost as easy as they are today.

Public murder scenes are a madhouse. You can't control who takes an interest, who takes notes. With the President, even more so. These guys who are supposed to have done this were pros, according to every theory put forward. They would know that once the first shot rang out events would spiral further and further out of their direct control, and it would be impossible to ensure that any investigative outcome would be under their control. They would have to reduce the points of vulnerability to a minimum. Leave as small a forensic footprint as possible: same model weapons. Ammunition from the same lot. Firing angles the same.

Let go of what you know, and put yourself in the shoes of the team commander one hour before the shots are fired. If JFK survives, you are a dead man, because you are the link to the higher-ups. If JFK dies but the forensic evidence is obvious, then once again, you're a dead man, as the higher-ups will throw you out as a sacrificial lamb. You are the cut-out. Your only chance of survival & reward is to kill JFK and leave an absolute minimum of forensic footprint. That was one thing Oliver Stone got right: 'nothing can be left to chance'.

That's why the selection of weapons and shooter positions had to be exact. Looking with hindsight, we know that every investigative body involved panicked and focused solely on CYA. But the conspiracy, if it existed, could not rely upon that. It had to plan for a worst case scenario-the way the military and law enforcement trains.

If the team were pros, the evidence doesn't fit. If they were amateurs, how does the cover-up work so smoothly. Look at Iran-Contra, Watergate, other scandals: operations with small numbers of participants which couldn't keep a simple set of secrets. But JFK would require a huge effort, numerous people, a stunning national act...and the cover-up was as smooth as silk. No one was ever charged.

If it was a conspiracy, it was the tightest one ever done. They pulled off the acme of cover-ups. Not a single one was ever identified, much less punished.

Or it was a lone nut with a cheap rifle and the devil's own luck.
            Occam's razor.

Either way, I'm done here. Its an entertaining exercise, but in the end, its an old, cold case that doesn't matter anymore.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• No, you need to expand your thinking a bit. Your background is hindering your objectivity. Put one shooter with the Carcano in the TSBD so you've established evidence for the shooters position and put bullets in the limo/bodies. The second shooter is on the grassy knoll, he will getahead shot or his rifle will get a through and through wound. He could also be using a sabot round which can't be tracked to any weapon. The conspirators could very easily be depending on the CYA investigation that occurred coupled with the agencies suppressing information. This could be the thinking behind using an Oswald, his high profile communist background mandates that those wishing to avoid nuclear war suppress any indication of aconspiracy.

The chances of murdering the president anywhere except public are pretty slim. Where else? His hotel with Marilyn? The White House? If a public murder in the motorcade is such a bizarre idea then why is there a bubble top for the POTUS limo? Why secret service postions on the back bumper to block a shooting angle? Why are buildings checked on a motorcade route? A public murder adds confusion, testimony from multiple sources conflicting and making the pursuit of co conspirators difficult. It is hard to say what the level of professionalism is with the conspirators. Even if they are experienced pros have they ever assassinated such a high profile figure? Are they anticipating everything, perhaps not and perhaps all they care about is getting the job done and getting away. Perhaps they didn't care whether a conspiracy was discovered as long as they were far away by the time it happened.

I think it is best to remeber that we don't know how "professional" conspirators might have been. Just recently a pair of nuts made some home made bombs and planted them in an area where the city police tries to sweep as best they can. Public confusion added to their ability to enter the area and leave their backpacks where they did. Had they planned the aftermath at all, left town, worked with disguises, they could have planted more bombs.

Devil's own luck can work with the lone nut and can work with the conspirator as well. It is hard to tell how much of the cover up was conspiracy and how much was CYA working in the favor of conspirators. Until we know who we are talking about we can't be sure what is what. The cover up wasn't that good, people have been discussing conspiracy since the 60's.
              John

Comment

• John Martino told family members that LHO was supposed to meet his contact at the theatre. They were to wisk him out of the country and eliminate him. His meeting with Tippet ruined the plan.

"The anti-Castro people put Oswald together. Oswald didn't know who he was working for--he was just ignorant of who was really putting him together. Oswald was to meet his contact at the Texas Theatre. They were to meet Oswald in the theatre, and get him out of the country, then eliminate him. Oswald made a mistake...There was no way we could get to him. They had Ruby kill him."

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/inde...os_Confessions

an article written by John martino, from the Cuban Information Archives

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0237.html
                Last edited by unclefred; 26 Apr 13, 09:58.
                "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

If the team were pros, the evidence doesn't fit. If they were amateurs, how does the cover-up work so smoothly.
                  As I adhered to before. The covering up of evidence seems to be independent of the conspiracy to murder. Oswald was being portrayed as a pro Castro sympathiser who ultimately murdered the president. There is plenty of evidence to show that he was being washed as such in the lead up to Dallas. The WC's intention was to prevent a link being made between Oswald and Cuba and make him be a lone nut. They are not concurrent with their intentions...

Comment

The WC was a political expedient. Its sole purpose was to general a mass of data that, like the later committee, would leave those responsible with the ability to say 'that's what we said' no matter what came up later.

Its a political CYA.

It happens at every level of government down to local levels. I've done investigative summaries like that. You CYA, and cover your agency. Its not an investigation, its a dog & pony show.

So I really don't consider it. They screened nothing. Any idiot who wanted to claim he was at the plaza could come forward and say anything they liked.

From investigations of shootings. You can track casings, projectiles, and impact damage. Its not a new science. One example: I worked a shooting where three different make & model 9mm handguns were used. They all loaded out of the same box of Federal ammunition, but we had no difficulty tracking who shot what and where.

When they set up the plan, the conspirators would have had to consider these factors. They would need the same model rifles, same lot of ammunition. Even so, there is a risk: even in '63 that would not have been enough to conceal different weapons. They should have used JHP, hoping for sufficient bullet deformation to render accurate measurement of the markings. Instead, they used FMJ, which in a light-weight high-velocity round will be much less likely to deform.

That was why I suggested one selective fire weapon. Don't dick around with multiple shooters. They were easy to come by in '63, almost as easy as they are today.

Public murder scenes are a madhouse. You can't control who takes an interest, who takes notes. With the President, even more so. These guys who are supposed to have done this were pros, according to every theory put forward. They would know that once the first shot rang out events would spiral further and further out of their direct control, and it would be impossible to ensure that any investigative outcome would be under their control. They would have to reduce the points of vulnerability to a minimum. Leave as small a forensic footprint as possible: same model weapons. Ammunition from the same lot. Firing angles the same.

Let go of what you know, and put yourself in the shoes of the team commander one hour before the shots are fired. If JFK survives, you are a dead man, because you are the link to the higher-ups. If JFK dies but the forensic evidence is obvious, then once again, you're a dead man, as the higher-ups will throw you out as a sacrificial lamb. You are the cut-out. Your only chance of survival & reward is to kill JFK and leave an absolute minimum of forensic footprint. That was one thing Oliver Stone got right: 'nothing can be left to chance'.

That's why the selection of weapons and shooter positions had to be exact. Looking with hindsight, we know that every investigative body involved panicked and focused solely on CYA. But the conspiracy, if it existed, could not rely upon that. It had to plan for a worst case scenario-the way the military and law enforcement trains.

If the team were pros, the evidence doesn't fit. If they were amateurs, how does the cover-up work so smoothly. Look at Iran-Contra, Watergate, other scandals: operations with small numbers of participants which couldn't keep a simple set of secrets. But JFK would require a huge effort, numerous people, a stunning national act...and the cover-up was as smooth as silk. No one was ever charged.

If it was a conspiracy, it was the tightest one ever done. They pulled off the acme of cover-ups. Not a single one was ever identified, much less punished.

Or it was a lone nut with a cheap rifle and the devil's own luck.
                    Occam's razor.

Either way, I'm done here. Its an entertaining exercise, but in the end, its an old, cold case that doesn't matter anymore.
                    I have to disagree with you. When the government itself is considered to be a part of a conspiracy, it never becomes either a "cold case" or one which "doesn't matter any more.

May I remind you that the Roswell Incident took place in 1947 and that "conspiracy" hasn't gone away, either.

Personally, I do not believe in coincidences, and the more coincidences that take place during a given event, the less likely the event occurred on its own without outside intervention and complicity.. The JFK assassination and afterwards contains so many "coincidences" that it borders on pure fiction, which is probably why no one believes the Warren Report was anything but a waste of a lot of good paper. The Magic Bullet Theory alone sums it all up as far as I'm concerned.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I have to disagree with you. When the government itself is considered to be a part of a conspiracy, it never becomes either a "cold case" or one which "doesn't matter any more.

May I remind you that the Roswell Incident took place in 1947 and that "conspiracy" hasn't gone away, either.

Personally, I do not believe in coincidences, and the more coincidences that take place during a given event, the less likely the event occurred on its own without outside intervention and complicity.. The JFK assassination and afterwards contains so many "coincidences" that it borders on pure fiction, which is probably why no one believes the Warren Report was anything but a waste of a lot of good paper. The Magic Bullet Theory alone sums it all up as far as I'm concerned.
                      Once again I agree with you...WTH?
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• The amount of "co-incidences" is startling and points to something beyond the official story. people don't want to go off base too much so don't like to entertain the possibility. A lot of reading is required to get a decent insight which most are not willing to do. As to Roswell I have no desire to go anywhere near that as such things have allowed genuine Kennedy research to be pushed down and mocked....

Comment

• Radio from the flight deck of Air Force One 22nd November 1963

This is from the national archives. Interesting for the historical record if a bit difficult to follow at first but gets going at about 3 minutes on...

http://research.archives.gov/description/6125747
                          Last edited by copenhagen; 02 Jul 13, 08:04.

Comment

• Talk about a state's rights issue. I'd like to know of just one capital murder case; let alone of a public official, the attempted murder of another and the governor of the state at that to say nothing of what could have been prosecuted with other people in the limo at the time, and the evidence of everything save but the building of the alleged crime was whisked away as fast as it could be loaded up and taken out of the city and entire state to a place that had absolutely no statutory jurisdiction whatsoever and screw all that what the family wanted crap.

That, if nothing else alone, tells me quite a bit. None of it good, reputable, or anything near that smacks of the truth and nothing but. I can only wonder what the State Of Florida would have done had the State Of Illinois hijacked Zangara and all things evidence and taken it back to Chicago for review at FDR's behest. Or back to DC even.
                            Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
                              Talk about a state's rights issue. I'd like to know of just one capital murder case; let alone of a public official, the attempted murder of another and the governor of the state at that to say nothing of what could have been prosecuted with other people in the limo at the time, and the evidence of everything save but the building of the alleged crime was whisked away as fast as it could be loaded up and taken out of the city and entire state to a place that had absolutely no statutory jurisdiction whatsoever and screw all that what the family wanted crap.

That, if nothing else alone, tells me quite a bit. None of it good, reputable, or anything near that smacks of the truth and nothing but. I can only wonder what the State Of Florida would have done had the State Of Illinois hijacked Zangara and all things evidence and taken it back to Chicago for review at FDR's behest. Or back to DC even.
                              I'm not familar with Zangara but you're other points are well made. At the very least the authorities were scrabbling to keep a lid on the suspected blowback they were experiencing , percieved or otherwise...

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                                I'm not familiar with Zangara but you're other points are well made. At the very least the authorities were scrabbling to keep a lid on the suspected blow back they were experiencing , perceived or otherwise...
                                My bad. Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Zangara

Look at the attending circumstances.

Henry Wade, the Dallas District Attorney at the time, as well as John Connolly himself, or the Lieutenant Governor in his absence/incapacitated state, should have had every Dallas cop, Texas Department of Public Safety officers by the metric ton, and Texas Rangers galore they could have found at Love Field and armed to the friggin' teeth telling the feds to get stuffed, or else we're going to have The Alamo all over again here and now.
                                Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X