JFK Assasination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phebe View Post
    I always assumed all these years it was Castro who got it done, because that's what the U.S. News and World Report said at the the time, and it does make perfect sense, after all those exploding cigars and poisoned wet suits JFK aimed at Castro, for heaven's sake. It was enough to annoy anyone.

But last night, probably because of this Ukraine crisis, I awoke from a sound sleep and thought, I bet the Russians had JFK assassinated! It makes just as much sense as Castro, because of their resentment at the Cuban Missile Crisis. And LHO did spend a lot of time in Russia and then came back.

I'm surprised I never thought of that before.
    Nope. But sure as the Mob and some of their Cuban exile comrades wanted people to think that. Nah. Khrushchev and JFK by this point had a back channel developing with a view to calm down the Cold War. Both men had had a bit of an awakening after the Cuban crisis..

Comment

This is why I apparently do believe in the Great Man Theory of History.

Because I think they WERE up against a man, a man and his brother, at least: Obama wouldn't have done it. Carter would not have done it. Lyndon? Hard to say: there's a loose cannon for sure.

They expected the system to let them get away with Cuba, but JFK didn't let them.

It still could be Castro. But as of now I bet it was the Soviet Union. I guess I have been forcibly reminded of their disillusionment, their cruelty and general corruption by this crisis.
      Not a cat in hells chance...

Comment

They weren't expecting JFK to take the world to the edge of nuclear holocaust to stop their Cold War advance. They must have considered him a loose cannon, a problem.

I think they took him out.
        Say it was just so...a loose cannon.

What was there to assure them that LBJ wasn't just as loose a cannon, and perhaps even looser or nuttier than JFK as he well turned out to be given his policy with regard to the entrance into the Vietnam War where JFK was dead-set against it.
        Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
          Say it was just so...a loose cannon.

What was there to assure them that LBJ wasn't just as loose a cannon, and perhaps even looser or nuttier than JFK as he well turned out to be given his policy with regard to the entrance into the Vietnam War where JFK was dead-set against it.
          Indeed its a complete misunderstanding of JFK's actual position. If anything the Russians saw JFK as a moderating voice of what was then a very hawkish military command. The Russians had nothing to do with Kennedy's death nor did Castro. The interesting thing is though that a number of people that worked in the Mafia and Exile community fed back into the US intelligence services and the government via their associates the drip, drip rumour that Castro was indeed behind the hit. It has been suggested that this is why the embargo with Cuba has endured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            No US president would have let them. Ever. He might have the final say but when everyone from the press to the pentagon, and every advisor and PR man is telling you that letting this happen is akin to letting the SU spit in your face he'll agree and make the call to stop it.
            But that wasn't what happened. Everybody was weeping during the Cuban Missile Crisis; or digging holes in their basement walls for a bomb shelter, like my then teen-aged husband at the time. Nobody urged Kennedy to do this terrible thing that I recall: we thought the world was going to die. It was a very fast-moving crisis, just a few days. We thought it was WWIII, and it very nearly was.

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              Indeed its a complete misunderstanding of JFK's actual position. If anything the Russians saw JFK as a moderating voice of what was then a very hawkish military command. The Russians had nothing to do with Kennedy's death nor did Castro. The interesting thing is though that a number of people that worked in the Mafia and Exile community fed back into the US intelligence services and the government via their associates the drip, drip rumour that Castro was indeed behind the hit. It has been suggested that this is why the embargo with Cuba has endured.
              I dare say it would have been global suicide had any country, let alone one that was a superpower, been involved and caught or reasonably assumed and thought-out clearly, in the murder of one of it's leaders on either side.
              Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

But that wasn't what happened. Everybody was weeping during the Cuban Missile Crisis; or digging holes in their basement walls for a bomb shelter, like my then teen-aged husband at the time. Nobody urged Kennedy to do this terrible thing that I recall: we thought the world was going to die. It was a very fast-moving crisis, just a few days. We thought it was WWIII, and it very nearly was.
                Nobody urged Kennedy to do what?

Comment

I always assumed all these years it was Castro who got it done, because that's what the U.S. News and World Report said at the the time, and it does make perfect sense, after all those exploding cigars and poisoned wet suits JFK aimed at Castro, for heaven's sake. It was enough to annoy anyone.

But last night, probably because of this Ukraine crisis, I awoke from a sound sleep and thought, I bet the Russians had JFK assassinated! It makes just as much sense as Castro, because of their resentment at the Cuban Missile Crisis. And LHO did spend a lot of time in Russia and then came back.

I'm surprised I never thought of that before.
                  Castro himself said it would be like signing his own Death Warrant; the Marines would have landed in less than a week after a heavy air bomb bardment.
                  Khrushchev wasn't about to have Soviet Union go through another meat grinder after American missles started striking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tascosa View Post
                    Castro himself said it would be like signing his own Death Warrant; the Marines would have landed in less than a week after a heavy air bomb bardment.
                    Khrushchev wasn't about to have Soviet Union go through another meat grinder after American missles started striking.
                    Correct, their is no evidence for either.

Comment

• La Costra Nostra controlling Bethesda autopsy??!

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                      Correct, their is no evidence for either.
                      People keep forgetting the x-rays and strange Official autopsy report that was challenged by most of the doctors in Dallas, who saw the corpse first.
                      The Mafia could *not be able to do that.

The American public was *lied to, by powerful bureaus and agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tascosa View Post
                        People keep forgetting the x-rays and strange Official autopsy report that was challenged by most of the doctors in Dallas, who saw the corpse first.
                        The Mafia could *not be able to do that.

The American public was *lied to, by powerful bureaus and agencies.
                        Correct the mafia could not do that and they didn't. The government did cover up the evidence for reasons (and very logical ones) already talked about earlier. This is the key to understanding the whole case. The government did cover up the evidence but they did not do the deed... The great irony is that RFK and his people as apart of the plot to kill Castro, were very concerned that Cuba would get wind of all their plotting ( which they did) and act first by hitting an American official such as an ambassador or a diplomat in say Central America or perhaps even Florida. They felt that if this were to happen, they would need to cover up the origin of the hit so to prevent politics iand publi opinion ntervening and another issue in Cuba getting out of hand and leading to war possibly with the involvement of the Soviets. As such they developed a system that would suppress information that would implicate Castro or the Russians. They never believed this contingency plan would be implemented for the President. So when he was killed, the government really did fear ,this was the work of Castro or maybe even the Russians. So they used the plan they had conceived. Furthermore any real investigation would probably lead to the revelation that the FBI and the CIA and parts of the White House had conspired with organsied crime to assassinate foreign heads of state and others. Some very very prominent people's careers and lives were on the line. Not to mention the "incompetence" of say the FBI who had files on those involved. So LHO had to be the lone gunmen, otherwise there could be war and probably a lot of people would go to jail. The Mafia knew this all too well because they were in the middle of it and had been since Nixon* had chaired the work to work with the mob to hit Castro 3 years earlier as Vice President. This all went right to the very top of the American establishment. As for the hit itself. The main players that people know about , the LHO's, the Jack Rubys,the David Ferries, the Guy Bannisters, the Bernard Barkers. All these men lead to one man, the New Orleans Godfather with the most to gain from killing Kennedy. Carlos Marcello.

*This is the real reason for the Watergate break ins that is now gaining serious traction with researchers.
                        Last edited by copenhagen; 19 Mar 14, 04:58.

Comment

• Legacy of Secrecy by Lamar Waldron. Very interesting on how far the CIA went to cover its tracks on the Cuban Mafia operations. Particularly through infiltration and working with journalists.

Comment

• Very interesting for those interested.

Comment

• The JFK assassination legacy:

What tangled webs we do weave when first we practice to deceive.

Comment

• Thanks for posting that cope!
                                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X