JFK Assasination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tascosa View Post
    Something was rotten in the state of Texas.
    False faces must hide what false hearts doth know.

Remember Ike's remark concerning the Military Industrial Complex.
    Don't think it was that. Think Oliver Stone went down the wrong rabbit hole on that one...

Comment

• Is it 2039 when all the info in the sealed archives is released.Hopefully that generation will not forget,to announce what group of Americans pulled off this dastardly deed.

Comment

• Posner and Bugliosi: The defenders of the BIG LIE...

It's easy to scoff at defenders of the Establishment like Posner who makes a big deal about Oswald's attempt to kill General Walker, but somehow Posner ignores the so called "expert" marksman in Dealy Plaza doing world class shooting with a cheap, misaligned rifle, somehow *missed a stationary target at about 30 yards.

But Bugliosi swallowing the Warren bushwah hook line and sinker confuses me. Methinks there may be a *debt owed.

Comment

It's easy to scoff at defenders of the Establishment like Posner who makes a big deal about Oswald's attempt to kill General Walker, but somehow Posner ignores the so called "expert" marksman in Dealy Plaza doing world class shooting with a cheap, misaligned rifle, somehow *missed a stationary target at about 30 yards.

But Bugliosi swallowing the Warren bushwah hook line and sinker confuses me. Methinks there may be a *debt owed.
          I'd guess he was offered a big paycheck. It's too bad he went on record a few years ago saying RFK was killed by a conspiracy. There goes that book.
          "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmike View Post
            Is it 2039 when all the info in the sealed archives is released.Hopefully that generation will not forget,to announce what group of Americans pulled off this dastardly deed.
            Guaranteed, there'll be nothing in those files even if they still exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by unclefred View Post
              I'd guess he was offered a big paycheck. It's too bad he went on record a few years ago saying RFK was killed by a conspiracy. There goes that book.
              RFK was a mob hit bet you, he said Hoffer would never get out of jail if he became POTUS* and can you see Marcello and co wanting that "little prick" coming after them again?

*But another POTUS did get him out...

Comment

• Bugliosi says the JFK hit is "Really a simple case!"

Originally posted by unclefred View Post
                The History Channel for two nights has run a series on the assassination. Bugliosi claims all we have to do is read the entire WARREN REPORT, and all is revealed.
                He actually went to colleges years ago and asked conspiracy thinkers if they had read the "entire Warren Report" as he claims he did. When most indicated they hadn't, he said, "Then you don't know what you're talking about."
                This is supposed to be intelligent thought? It's like propaganda from the Middle Ages.

Comment

The History Channel for two nights has run a series on the assassination. Bugliosi claims all we have to do is read the entire WARREN REPORT, and all is revealed.
                  He actually went to colleges years ago and asked conspiracy thinkers if they had read the "entire Warren Report" as he claims he did. When most indicated they hadn't, he said, "Then you don't know what you're talking about."
                  This is supposed to be intelligent thought? It's like propaganda from the Middle Ages.
                  The Zapruder film is very interesting if you look closely at it in respect to the Warren report who for example said there was 3 shots including a missed shot that hit the curb and caused cement shrapnel to hit a bystander. So in their opinion only two shots hit inside the limo. So there's one shot already that missed on the official record. Ok so then Kennedy then appears from behind the street sign and he is clearly in distress holding his throat, that's two. Governor Connelly said when that shot happened he looked round to see what was happening. He said he had not been hit at this point, that testimony can be heard on you tube for example any time you like. Following him turning around you then see him react in pain. That's 3. Then the final horrible fatal shot. That's 4. The point is any more than 3 shots meant there was more than one shooter because the time didn't allow for one rifle to take that that many shots, certainly not with any accuracy anyway and the Warren Commission knew it.The point is the Warren commission insisted through the magic bullet theory that the shot where Kennedy first holds his throat also caused Governor Connelly's wound and was in fact through his back /right shoulder and nothing to do with his throat. Doctors at Parkland hospital who first worked on him swore blind that they investigated a gunshot wound to the front of the throat (as a point of entry) that was then masked by a tracheotomy. The Warren Commission insisted that wound did in fact not exist. It was in fact the bullet that entered Kennedy's back and hit Connelly. If you look closely though Kennedy holds his throat for a notable amount of time before Connelly shows a reaction to being shot which was the same bullet that went in Kennedy's back. So all in all when you include the bullet that was officially agreed to be a miss, that leaves four shots. Kennedy was shot 3 times not the 2 that the Warren Commission insisted it was using the magic bullet theory. Ironically we now know from working the angles in and outside the car that the magic bullet was in fact not magic and was a straight shot back through the two of them from the Depository. However it was the second bullet to hit Kennedy, not the first as they asserted . Sorry if the above is a bit long winded but there's no avoiding it sometimes. The Zapruder film is not pleasant but its on you tube for all to see and study themselves.
                  Last edited by copenhagen; 24 Nov 13, 21:10.

Comment

• On March 25, 1968, with a searing southern California sun beating down on him, Bobby had just finished his prepared speech to a crowd of 12,000 when something remarkable happened. Just one week into his hastily arranged bid for the presidency in 1968, Kennedy, a first-term senator from New York, had delivered a fairly plodding talk that featured none of the soaring rhetoric so identified with his late brother’s presidency.

But now he said he would take questions from the sea of San Fernando Valley State College students who covered every inch of the campus quad in Northridge, Calif. Instantly, the questions began to fly, shouted out from various corners of the crowd.

“Will you open the archives?” a man yelled, prompting several others to chime in with, “Open the archives!”

“Who killed John Kennedy,” a woman screamed. “We want to know!”

Bobby, whose arrival that morning had been warmly cheered and had attracted the biggest crowd for any speaker in the history of the sleepy college, was clearly annoyed. To the female questioner, he cracked, “Your manners overwhelm me.” But a recording of the speech shows that after he sighed in exasperation, he appeared to grow reflective. “I haven’t answered this question before,” he said. “But there would be nobody that would be more interested in all of these matters as to who was responsible for the, ah, the death of President Kennedy than I would.”

To the specific question about whether he would open the Warren Commission archives, Bobby said that, if it were in his power, yes, he would, “at the appropriate time.”
                    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...sEJ/story.html

Cope, I reckon you'd like this read.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Did you see that SBS docco on the JFK assassination and it declared that he was accidently killed by a Secret Service Agent, if you did what was your opinion on the matter?

Thanks

Comment

• I read the book about it. That agent refuses interviews. Point is someone else hit Kennedy and Connelly with several other rounds.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post

Thanks. I've read Brothers by David Talbot which deals with what you kindly posted. It's a highly recommended read. RFK did have some genuine suspicions about his brothers death and did have some close associates look in to it. This point in your article adheres to this.

There is no indication that Bobby ever found evidence to prove a wider conspiracy. But judging from his actions after hearing the news out of Dallas, it’s clear that he quickly focused his attention on three areas of suspicion: Cuba, the Mafia, and the CIA. Crucially, Bobby had become his brother’s point man in managing all three of those highly fraught portfolios. And by the time the president was gunned down, Bobby understood better than anyone how all three had become hopelessly interwoven, and how much all three bore his own imprint.
                          He didn't comment that much on it as he did have worries about it because he wondered if some of the things he had got up to as attorney general may have turned back on his brother and b) he knew he couldn't do anything properly till he was president so kept his council. Many people close to him were highly concerned that if he did run, his life would be in danger...
                          Last edited by copenhagen; 25 Nov 13, 07:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            I read the book about it. That agent refuses interviews. Point is someone else hit Kennedy and Connelly with several other rounds.

Pruitt
                            This true enough, the first round shattered behind the Presidents car and grazed his head, the second round inflicted the wounds to both Kennedy and Connelly but the fatal shot came from an M-15 assaut rifle that was in the Secret Service Vehicle and it was that shot that killed Kennedy.

However my opinion still stands after watching the docco and that it was the actions of Lee Harvey Oswald that led up to the fatal shot by the Secret Security Agent and in that regard Lee Harvey Oswald should be held guilty of the assassination of President "Jack" Kennedy.

Comment

• Saw Parkland today. Not too bad. A bit low budget but not too bad. There is a reference to the wound in his neck that was subsequently used as a tracheotomy. Other than that all very par the course but just dealing with events as those involved saw them. Pretty good.

Comment

• From 1963 until 1968 I accepted the Warren Report. As alternate theories became published I began to wonder coming to the conclusion there were multiple snipers and conspiracy existed. The work of Lane, Posner, Garrison and others raised what I thought were reasonable questions. As the years have passed more questions and info was published but no satisfactory answers IMO. All these years I was in limbo.

My birthday was the 23rd the day after the assassination. As a present to myself this year I decided to finally form an opinion as to what really happened.

A conspiracy required participants know JFK would be in Dallas, the route of the motorcade, the route timing and a sniper(or snipers) in advantageous position. JFK, LBJ and Connally agreed to a presidential visit to Texas at a meeting in El Paso on June 5 1963. President Kennedy's trip to Dallas was announced in September 1963. A dry run of the motorcade route was performed on Nov 14, finalized on Nov 18 and announced to the public after Nov 18 but before Nov 22. These dates are critical because "... Mrs. Paine[Oswald's landlord] mentioned the Oswalds' financial and employment problems to neighbors whom she was visiting. Mrs. Linnie Mac Randle, who was also present, remarked that she thought that her younger brother, Buell Wesley Frazier, who worked at the Texas School Book Depository, had said that there was a job opening there. When Marina heard of this, she asked Mrs. Paine to call the Depository to see if there was an opening. Mrs. Paine called Roy S. Truly, superintendent of the Depository, who indicated that he would talk to Oswald if he would apply in person. When Oswald telephoned the Paine house on Monday evening, Mrs. Paine told him about this possibility. On the next day, Oswald was interviewed by Truly and hired in a temporary capacity. He began work on Wednesday, October 16. His duties were to fill book orders; his hours were 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., for which he received $1.25 an hour." Warren Commission Report Appendix 13 page 738.

Oswald likely was aware JFK would be in Dallas in when it was announced in September. Here is where a conspiracy theory comes apart. Oswald would have to have known the route and apply for a job at the Depository before the details were discussed by the Secret Service. Oct the 14(Monday) was the date he became aware of the possibility of employment.
                                The timeline does not fit.

I am convinced Oswald was the lone assassin. He was incredibly lucky with the circumstances up until but not after the murders. Or perhaps the stars aligned etc. The various official investigations contained flaws that began when the Secret Service cleaned the car, removed the President's body etc. The errors were well intentioned but created complexity that led to multiple theories regarding who, what and why.

I realize that many will not agree and I understand. There are many questions unanswered and I do have some myself. Recently I read that 2% of the Warren Report are still classified for "national security reasons". By law the remaining files must be released in 2017. I hope they are.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X