No announcement yet.

Argentine government to undermine Falklands Referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr Coyote has requested that I head back to the paddock...

Originally posted by queensman View Post
    Looks like my ex wife
    DEFINATLY PUT ME OFF MY LUNCH

Before you starve to death....If its any comfort the Paris Hilton Picture is 'enhanced'...

... .... .. -
    Before you starve to death....If its any comfort the Paris Hilton Picture is 'enhanced'...
    Attached Files
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
      I am not welsh you know, that would cheer many a taff up.
      When teaching a welsh soldier to ride a motorbike i said to him at the roadside. 'Can you make a u turn here? 'No' says he, ' but i could make its eyes water'

... .... .. -

Comment

• This is intersting
        The argies never stop whining
        http://m.guardian.co.uk/world

... .... .. -

Comment

• As I see it ( could be wrong)

This is intersting
          The argies never stop whining
          http://m.guardian.co.uk/world

... .... .. -
          The Falklandís was a 'distance war' that the Argentine military had not prepared for. For example, they had two aerial refueling planes, & could support only 12 Skyhawk fighter bombers per attack. Their supersonic fleet, not refuelable in the air, was too short ranged to effectively reach the islands.
          Even so, the British invasion was a close run affair. Six more bomb hits that exploded , instead of dudding & & they would have had to pull out.

Every ship movement, was tracked by satellite. The Argentinians wisely stopped steaming to the Falklands after the Belgrano was sunk.
          The smartest move the Argy could have done was to land Asphalt & earthmovers as soon as the war was declared, & extended the runways at the Falklands to take their Mirage & Kfir supersonic fighters. The whole affair was run by a rather stupid military Junta.

Comment

The Falkland’s was a 'distance war' that the Argentine military had not prepared for. For example, they had two aerial refueling planes, & could support only 12 Skyhawk fighter bombers per attack. Their supersonic fleet, not refuelable in the air, was too short ranged to effectively reach the islands.
            Even so, the British invasion was a close run affair. Six more bomb hits that exploded , instead of dudding & & they would have had to pull out.

Every ship movement, was tracked by satellite. The Argentinians wisely stopped steaming to the Falklands after the Belgrano was sunk.
            The smartest move the Argy could have done was to land Asphalt & earthmovers as soon as the war was declared, & extended the runways at the Falklands to take their Mirage & Kfir supersonic fighters. The whole affair was run by a rather stupid military Junta.
            You are right it was a close run op, thank god for dodgy argie bombs

... .... .. -

Comment

You have a good point here. The debate would centre on whether the sheep or Paris Hilton had more functioning neurons. Imagine if the wolf had attacked Paris Hilton! Poor wolf! would have keeled over comatose after the first bite and been sent to drug rehabilitation.
              When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nļ 8
              Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
              "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

• Just watched a documentary about the bombing raid on Port Stanley by the Vulcan, the longest bombing raid in history. The effort to get it there was bonkers. This and along with the rest of task force's effort means if the government did a deal over the Falklands with the Argentines they deserve to have a riot on their hands.

Comment

• http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8439971.html
                  Argentina be warned

... .... .. -

Comment

• Stupid as it sounds, a part of me wants the argies to try there luck again.
                    I dont think they would even get boots on the ground next time.
                    At least it would stop the whining and bleating from the constant pre menstural premier who is running a very dysfunctional country. Its a beautiful country ran by arrseholes.

A bit like mine.
                    Next thing you know Spain will be saying Gibralter was stolen from them, when we all know they lost it in a bet, i know this because a bloke in the pub told me, his grandfathers uncles triplet grandkids were there.
                    Or the chinese will say hong kong is theres when its obvious we are just lending it to them for a couple of hundred years.
                    Its the bloody belgians you need to watch out for, with all the sneaky euro laws that they are using to conquer europe then the rest of the world, backed by germany and france who keep sneaking behind the bycicle sheds for a quicky.

Oh where was i? yes i remember.
                    The falkland islands.
                    Argentinia fcuk off its ours as long as the bennies want to be british.
                    You might get it in a hundred years after all the gas and oil thats been found are exhausted.

... .... .. -

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post

Next thing you know Spain will be saying Gibralter was stolen from them
                      They do already; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20341739
                      ------
                      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Selous View Post
                        i already know we stole it because i saw it being put in the back of a truck.
                        I wondered how long it would be before they found out
                        The british empire is no more but the falkland islanders want to remain british, as for the rock, thats just too strategic to give back
                        ... .... .. -

Comment

• I always found Gilbraltar takeovers by Spain rather silly

Stupid as it sounds, a part of me wants the argies to try there luck again.
                          I dont think they would even get boots on the ground next time.
                          At least it would stop the whining and bleating from the constant pre menstural premier who is running a very dysfunctional country. Its a beautiful country ran by arrseholes.

A bit like mine.
                          Next thing you know Spain will be saying Gibralter was stolen from them, when we all know they lost it in a bet, i know this because a bloke in the pub told me, his grandfathers uncles triplet grandkids were there.
                          Or the chinese will say hong kong is theres when its obvious we are just lending it to them for a couple of hundred years.
                          Its the bloody belgians you need to watch out for, with all the sneaky euro laws that they are using to conquer europe then the rest of the world, backed by germany and france who keep sneaking behind the bycicle sheds for a quicky.

Oh where was i? yes i remember.
                          The falkland islands.
                          Argentinia fcuk off its ours as long as the bennies want to be british.
                          You might get it in a hundred years after all the gas and oil thats been found are exhausted.

... .... .. -
                          I mean,just how eager is Spain to let the Ceuta Peoples liberation Front rejoin \morocco

They have rather -plus the interest on the WrW2@ bribe money won in spades by selling water,produce,BEER and WINE to Gibral - Tars, right?
                          Last edited by marktwain; 08 Jan 13, 11:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post
                            british, as for the rock, that's just too strategic to give back
                            ... .... .. -
                            It's only strategic if you intend to control the mediterranean, and as far as I'm aware we gave up that idea after Suez. In truth the only reason we keep it is because the locals also want to remain under British control.

Comment

• The med stopped being part of British strategic focus a little while after abandoning the East of Suez role, give or take 10 - 15 years.
                              Our defense interests are closely allied to the US these days, which means keeping Gib is beneficial for the US, in turn beneficial for us. The USN regularly docks its subs at Gib.
                              ------
                              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Not to mention that the people of Gibraltar overwhelmingly wish to remain a British Overseas Territory. 98% of them voted to remain British in a 2002 referendum. It's often said that the Gibraltarians are more British than the British themselves!

I suspect we will see a similar figure in the upcoming Falkland Islands referendum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X