No announcement yet.

Argentine government to undermine Falklands Referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High leg combat boots had been in trial since 1976 by a cav sqdn.
    They were on order when the falklands war started and rushed into service the following year.. I got my first pair in 1983. We used to buy our owo boots and the adapted dms northen ireland boot.
    The british government is renowned for getting its priorities mixed up...ref body armour in iraq

... .... .. -

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
      "Puttees" ????
      How very "Western Front ".
      Surely not recently ?
      They weren't worn a la western front style, they were worn just above the ankle.

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post
        High leg combat boots had been in trial since 1976 by a cav sqdn.
        They were on order when the falklands war started and rushed into service the following year.. I got my first pair in 1983. We used to buy our owo boots and the adapted dms northen ireland boot.
        The british government is renowned for getting its priorities mixed up...ref body armour in iraq

... .... .. -
        I went through the Ammo Boot, (worn with No1s) DMS (Direct Molded Sole) 'Commando' boot that had screwed on soles, CBH (combat boot High), Danner, Pro Boots and Trezeta's. I can honestly say that with all those boots, I never had a blister; maybe it was because I always wore two pairs of wool socks (a tip from dear old dad bless him) and my feet were just the right shape.

Paul
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post
          Another reason the argentine navy cant do its job
          http://en.mercopress.com/2012/11/22/...nd-maintenance
          Nice reference; one of the Argentine destroyers is named Heroína, which is spanish for heroin. I wonder what else the argentinos hve been smoking.
          When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
          Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
          "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
            DMS boots, puttees and condensed milk in a tube. Those were the days

Mind you, the condensed milk was lovely, especially when applied to an oatmeal block.

Paul
            Condensed milk and oatmeal is great stuff. Add a cup of hot tea and I fight all night.
            When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              she just might take you up on the offer..
              Sorry, I would turn gay first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                They weren't worn a la western front style, they were worn just above the ankle.

Paul
                Thanks Paul and DARKPLACE.

I had visions of those abominations wound around the calf:- ankle to almost the knee- just as they were worn at Ypres.

If not a high combat boot then perhaps a gaiter would have been easier.
                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                  Thanks Paul and DARKPLACE.

I had visions of those abominations wound around the calf:- ankle to almost the knee- just as they were worn at Ypres.

If not a high combat boot then perhaps a gaiter would have been easier.
                  I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?
                  "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                    I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?
                    The puttee worn with dms boots was meant to add extra support for the ankle, something the dms did not very well.
                    I know of soldiers taking boots of argentine bodies

... .... .. -

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      Hell no! She was born Martha Helen Kostyra in Jersey City, world-capital of the "Five-Finger Discount." Stewart is her ex-husband's name. She kept it only 'cause it suits her über-WASP self-image.

And I'd still rather ball Christina Kirchner than Martha Stewart.
                      I understand that she isn't even a real blond!
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

• she still won Ms Saskatchewan 2012...

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                        I understand that she isn't even a real blond!
                        livin' large....
                        Attached Files
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

livin' large....
                          you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -

Comment

• Taking up dieting, are we?

Originally posted by queensman View Post
                            you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -
                            'OW 'BOUT A TASTE OF PARIS, GOV'NOR?
                            Attached Files
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

That was nasty enough the first time you posted it. Besides, if that's all you're interested in you can just hang out here -

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=117372
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Looks like my ex wife
                                DEFINATLY PUT ME OFF MY LUNCH

... .... .. -

Comment

Working...
                                X